Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's speech malfunctions from Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) Trump's father had dementia, so Trump's odds of developing it are far above chance
    2) The symptoms of dementia are well understood by now as is its progression. Trump shows both the symptoms and a progression of symptoms. This is not limited to these speech malfunctions by any stretch.
    3) Can you find examples of these sorts of speech malfunctions in 2015? I'm not aware of any. Why do you think that might be?

I have any number of reasons to dislike Trump, both political and personal. I don't need to search for ones like this unless I am compelled by the evidence.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 01-29-2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      In less than a year, America will have an opportunity to boot him out of office.
      The ol' Merrick Garland defense. Sorry, he's admitted time and again he wants to cheat in the election (yes he has, not interested in debating that point). That's why we can't wait.

Fortunately he won't make it that far in any case. How will you take it when he refuses to do the debates this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        The ol' Merrick Garland defense. Sorry, he's admitted time and again he wants to cheat in the election (yes he has, not interested in debating that point). That's why we can't wait.

Fortunately he won't make it that far in any case. How will you take it when he refuses to do the debates this time?
        I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks, sir.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I needed a good laugh this morning. Thanks, sir.
          Happy to help.

Comment

1) Trump's father had dementia, so Trump's odds of developing it are far above chance
            2) The symptoms of dementia are well understood by now as is its progression. Trump shows both the symptoms and a progression of symptoms
            3) Can you find examples of these sorts of speech malfunctions in 2015? I'm not aware of any. Why do you think that might be?
            I have any number of reasons to dislike Trump, both political and personal. I don't need to search for ones like this unless I am compelled by the evidence.
            Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-29-2020, 10:49 AM.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Straw man.

I am not a medical doctor. That's why I rely on the analysis of medical doctors who point out the symptoms and how they are consistent with dementia.

Here's a list of Trump's rallies from that time frame. He spoke in public quite a few times. More than he does these days yet we see plenty of these issues today but not back then. Why might that be? Are beds in the WH just not comfy enough for him to get a full night's rest? Too many late nights wanking on Twitter?

I have no reason to pin my hopes on this flight of fancy when I can plainly see that impeachment is threatening not only Trump but the entire Republican party. I'm pointing these issues out in the (vain) hope you'll see that something is clearly wrong with the resident.

Comment

Straw man.
                I am not a medical doctor. That's why I rely on the analysis of medical doctors who point out the symptoms and how they are consistent with dementia.
                Here's a list of Trump's rallies from that time frame. He spoke in public quite a few times. More than he does these days yet we see plenty of these issues today but not back then. Why might that be? Are beds in the WH just not comfy enough for him to get a full night's rest? Too many late nights wanking on Twitter?
                How much stress was he under?
                Was he getting the proper amount of rest?
                Was he eating a different diet?

Again, your symptoms are so vague, they can mean anything. An actual doctor would tell you that you need a proper medical diagnoses. A quack watches videoclips and makes grand claims, based on clips. What one are you using?

I have no reason to pin my hopes on this flight of fancy when I can plainly see that impeachment is threatening not only Trump but the entire Republican party. I'm pointing these issues out in the (vain) hope you'll see that something is clearly wrong with the resident.
                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-29-2020, 11:25 AM.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                  Your argument:

1. Trump’s father had dementia.
                  2. Trump appears to have a symptom.
                  3. Therefore, Trump must have dementia.

So I took your logic and applied it:

1. My grandfather has diabetes.
                  2. I have a symptom.
                  3. Therefore, I must have diabetes.

It doesn’t follow because lots of conditions and diseases have similar symptoms. That’s why doctors don’t just google symptoms and actually perform test before making a diagnose. You have not performed any test, so what you have is an uninformed opinion.
                  I said Trump's odds of developing dementia were higher than chance. That's true totally independent of his symptoms.

Have these doctors performed an EEG? An MRI? A motor skill test? A visual test? No? So what are they basing their diagnoses on? Political opinions? Any doctor, who attempts to make a medical diagnoses, without performing the proper test, is a quack that should be barred from practicing medicine. There’s test that must be performed before making the diagnostic diagnoses of dementia. Without these test, it’s an opinion. Hypochondriasis do this too, does this mean I have coronavirus because I have a runny nose, sore throat, and fever or could I just have a cold? This is how crazy you sound and look.
                  His symptoms are significantly more indicative of dementia than the symptoms you list.

How much stress was he under?
                  Lots. He's impeached and he's about to be unmasked as a fraud which is a fate worse than death for a narcissist.

Was he eating a different diet?
                  Probably still mostly big macs and KFC.

Again, your symptoms are so vague, they can mean anything. An actual doctor would tell you that you need a proper medical diagnoses. A quack watches videoclips and makes grand claims, based on clips. What one are you using?
                  I'm pointing out his symptoms are consistent with dementia and significantly troubling. You have tried to explain them using two different ad hoc claims (that he's sleepy and that he has dyslexia).

Living in a bubble, must be nice. Can’t wait to watch it pop twice.
                  Did you hear the Fox News anchor laugh at Trump before they cut away in the first video clip I posted last night? Who's living in the bubble?

Comment

Does Trump have dyslexia?

And I thought the explanation for these occurrences was that he was sleepy? We not doing that any more?
                    That was the explanation for him mispronouncing words while reading from a teleprompter. Does that preclude him making a simple stutter or misspeaking a word in another speech? Wow. You sure have some tough standards. I sure hope you never misspell anything in any of your posts. That would prove you are mentally unstable for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      That was the explanation for him mispronouncing words while reading from a teleprompter. Does that preclude him making a simple stutter or misspeaking a word in another speech? Wow. You sure have some tough standards. I sure hope you never misspell anything in any of your posts. That would prove you are mentally unstable for sure!
                      As has already been covered, this is not just mispronunciation of words.

Comment

I said Trump's odds of developing dementia were higher than chance. That's true totally independent of his symptoms.
                        His symptoms are significantly more indicative of dementia than the symptoms you list.
                        Lots. He's impeached and he's about to be unmasked as a fraud which is a fate worse than death for a narcissist.
                        You have a very entertaining world view. Reminds me of why I balance my view beyond CNN, MSNBC, and the NYT. Remember, Clinton had a 96% chance of winning. How did that go?

I'm pointing out his symptoms are consistent with dementia and significantly troubling. You have tried to explain them using two different ad hoc claims (that he's sleepy and that he has dyslexia).
                        Did you hear the Fox News anchor laugh at Trump before they cut away in the first video clip I posted last night? Who's living in the bubble?
                        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-29-2020, 12:19 PM.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

As has already been covered, this is not just mispronunciation of words.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Can we all tone down the personal attacks especially as they relate to accusations of medical issues? This never ends well, and has a long history on this board of not ending well, whether it relates to alcoholism, or dementia, or anything else.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• You make Jesus proud I'm sure.

Anyway, the evidence is available to you if you want to see it.

Comment

You make Jesus proud I'm sure.

Anyway, the evidence is available to you if you want to see it.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment