Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jewish Americans coming home to the GOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    Is the Republican Party likely to be able to reach out and draw Jewish voters?
    A better question might be, given how the Democrats are increasingly embracing those with openly anti-Semitic views and sheltering them from criticism, even if the Republicans make no effort at outreach, where else do they have to go as they are increasing made to feel unwelcome in the Democratic Party?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      A better question might be, given how the Democrats are increasingly embracing those with openly anti-Semitic views and sheltering them from criticism, even if the Republicans make no effort at outreach, where else do they have to go as they are increasing made to feel unwelcome in the Democratic Party?
      As opposed to the Republican habit of embracing those with ambiguously antisemitic views, sheltering them from criticism? Hey, not even "Lampshade" is too far, apparently, since antisemitism is such a fun topic.

Comment

As opposed to the Republican habit of embracing those with ambiguously antisemitic views, sheltering them from criticism? Hey, not even "Lampshade" is too far, apparently, since antisemitism is such a fun topic.
        For the most part you need to take a very jaundiced view and twist things to match your perceptions in order to get that, whereas with the left you don't need a fevered, overworked imagination to do so.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You are obsessed.
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

considering the democrats hate Israel and have 3 antisemtic congresswomen in the House, I would think you would be asking this about the Democratic Party, not the Republican. Conservative Protestant Christians are overwhelmingly Republican and are very friendly to Israel and the Jewish community.

Did you know Jesus was a Jew? As well as the Apostles? It's true!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              considering the democrats hate Israel and have 3 antisemtic congresswomen in the House, I would think you would be asking this about the Democratic Party, not the Republican. Conservative Protestant Christians are overwhelmingly Republican and are very friendly to Israel and the Jewish community.

Did you know Jesus was a Jew? As well as the Apostles? It's true!

Yes, the Republicans are very friendly to Israel and the Jewish community.

Steve Scalise of Louisiana who spoke at the European American Unity and Rights organization.

Louis Gohmert of texas is a highly intelligent congressman who thinks Soros stole property from fellow Jews

Matt Gaetz of Florida has rubbed elbows with the highly intelligent Holocaust denier (and apparently the past president of the Flat earth society!), Charles Johnson. Since when is holocaust denial antisemitic?

Paul Gosar of Arizona suggested that Charlottesville was funded by Jews, globalist Jews, such as Soros.

Steve King, of Iowa, has been discussed before. Pelosi noted that it took Republicans 13 years to notice King.
              Let's see: What is the party affiliation of those men? Hmmmmmm

Comment

Yes, the Republicans are very friendly to Israel and the Jewish community.

Steve Scalise of Louisiana who spoke at the European American Unity and Rights organization.

Louis Gohmert of texas is a highly intelligent congressman who thinks Soros stole property from fellow Jews

Matt Gaetz of Florida has rubbed elbows with the highly intelligent Holocaust denier (and apparently the past president of the Flat earth society!), Charles Johnson. Since when is holocaust denial antisemitic?

Paul Gosar of Arizona suggested that Charlottesville was funded by Jews, globalist Jews, such as Soros.

Steve King, of Iowa, has been discussed before. Pelosi noted that it took Republicans 13 years to notice King.
                Let's see: What is the party affiliation of those men? Hmmmmmm
                I can find examples of democrats being antisemetic too. In Congress. So much so that Tliab and Omar were banned from Israel for their support of BDS.

But by and large, the GOP is more supportive of Israel and the Jewish community than the Democrats are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I can find examples of democrats being antisemetic too. In Congress. So much so that Tliab and Omar were banned from Israel for their support of BDS.

But by and large, the GOP is more supportive of Israel and the Jewish community than the Democrats are.
                  But! Someone proposed those two Dems as symptomatic of antisemitism among Dems. Which brings in the question of the antisemitic Republicans.

Is support for Israel synonymous with "not antisemitic"?

The decline of neo conservative and the rise of the paleo conservatives and isolationists within the Republicans is changing views regarding foreign aid and alliances.

Comment

But! Someone proposed those two Dems as symptomatic of antisemitism among Dems. Which brings in the question of the antisemitic Republicans.

Is support for Israel synonymous with "not antisemitic"?

The decline of neo conservative and the rise of the paleo conservatives and isolationists within the Republicans is changing views regarding foreign aid and alliances.
                    what the heck is a paleo conservative?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      From a sympathetic source:
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Never heard of it. I assumed it was some label tacked on by liberals. Like "alt-right"

Simplicio seems to relish in using political jargon/terms to sound "smart" but all it does is make his posts look like gibberish.

Comment

Never heard of it. I assumed it was some label tacked on by liberals. Like "alt-right"

Simplicio seems to relish in using political jargon/terms to sound "smart" but all it does is make his posts look like gibberish.
                          Gee, the terms are even tossed around on Tweb, it is not like neo con is an unknown concept, the libs have been warning about the neo cons for years! That concept of differentiation within conservatism is precisely what the Trump era's rejection of Reagan style conservatism is all about. Do you really think Trump is a Reagan conservative?

There was even a brief discussion about the neo con-Trotskyite/ commie connection, the neo cons are the new commie/jew/Masonic/Vatican/alien-shape-shifter popular front.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
                            Gee, the terms are even tossed around on Tweb, it is not like neo con is an unknown concept, the libs have been warning about the neo cons for years! That concept of differentiation within conservatism is precisely what the Trump era's rejection of Reagan style conservatism is all about. Do you really think Trump is a Reagan conservative?

There was even a brief discussion about the neo con-Trotskyite/ commie connection, the neo cons are the new commie/jew/Masonic/Vatican/alien-shape-shifter popular front.
                            Well I must live in a cave, cuz I never heard "paleoconservative" just like I never heard "Noseberg Sheklestien" before. But you seem quite full of liberal jargon double-speak. I got a kick out of that one post where you used just about every liberal term known to man in a couple of paragraphs. Truly amazing!

Comment

Trump's 'right-wing' view on immigration is the same as Bill Clinton's in the 90's 'centrist' position. The views of paleos are your grandparents' generation's conservatism, roughly.

That makes them far far far right by today's standards. There was a time when conservatism was not about free markets, massive legal immigration, and unrestrained capitalism.

Fixed.
                              Last edited by demi-conservative; 02-11-2020, 12:44 PM.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Well I must live in a cave, cuz I never heard "paleoconservative" just like I never heard "Noseberg Sheklestien" before. But you seem quite full of liberal jargon double-speak. I got a kick out of that one post where you used just about every liberal term known to man in a couple of paragraphs. Truly amazing!
                                The difference is that paleo conservatism has been discussed in the news and on tweb, and it is a central issue within the conservative movement: the shifting of power, influence, and which set of elites and influencers hold sway in the change from Reagan style conservatism to today's more isolationist, anti globalist, anti militarist form of conservatism.

And there is nothing in the name which glancing at the name would yield any real understanding on its meaning.

Noseberg Shekstein is not in the news, nor has it been discussed on tweb, and it is not a central issue in anything

But a brief glance at the term should have yielded a clue as to its real nature, an understanding of its meaning.

So basically those two are polar opposites in every way!

Comment