Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump, the I'll be to busy to play golf, President.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    One thing about your replies CP. I often do not know exacltly what perverse side street you'll take with them down.
    Ah, here we go again. Mister "do to others what you would have them do to you" going on yet another "it's all your fault" dodge.

But the one thing I always know for sure is that whatever side street it is, it will have no resemblance to any possible legitimate reaction to what was said.
    Yeah, your TDS is like that.

Back to ignoring your "bitter old man" posts.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Ah, here we go again. Mister "do to others what you would have them do to you" going on yet another "it's all your fault" dodge.

Yeah, your TDS is like that.

Back to ignoring your "bitter old man" posts.
      As I said to rogue, you distort my posts, responding to something not said, and then when I correct you, you twist that correction into either me complaining about being attacked or some sort of insult aimed your way.

I wonder what would happen if you tried just having a conversation about the actual point made? A novel Idea I know, but hey - give it a shot.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

As I said to rogue, you distort my posts,
        I disagree. Talk to your atheist buddies, Jim - I'm done with you.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I disagree. Talk to your atheist buddies, Jim - I'm done with you.
          And so you prove his point once again.

Comment

• Don't worry, Ox --- JimL has your six! You're in great hands!

Comment

As I said to rogue, you distort my posts, responding to something not said, and then when I correct you, you twist that correction into either me complaining about being attacked or some sort of insult aimed your way.

I wonder what would happen if you tried just having a conversation about the actual point made? A novel Idea I know, but hey - give it a shot.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Ironic how you complain about denigrate, smearing, or slamming people when your post is just that. Physician, heal thyself.

A catch 22 situation pix. For it is impossible to point out that you and the peanut gallery spend the majority of your posts trashing and insulting the people you are debating without 'attacking' the person so to speak. So each time I try to make a difference, to appeal to you or others better nature in the hope that you will move away from such practices, there is always the potential that appeal can be twisted into this sort of 'kettle calling the pot black' sort of response.

The fact remains, I attempt each day to post objective comments for discussion, and that my goal is to rise above the gutter level insult culture that pervades this site. I still believe there is great potential here, and that most of you have better than what you are each day on this site in you. And I will continue to appeal to that for as long as I post here.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  Do you really think it benefits Trump to distract people from his "significant accomplishments"? I just don't follow this argument.
                  Sorry, that was meant to be sarcasm.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

A catch 22 situation pix. For it is impossible to point out that you and the peanut gallery spend the majority of your posts trashing and insulting the people you are debating without 'attacking' the person so to speak. So each time I try to make a difference, to appeal to you or others better nature in the hope that you will move away from such practices, there is always the potential that appeal can be twisted into this sort of 'kettle calling the pot black' sort of response.

The fact remains, I attempt each day to post objective comments for discussion, and that my goal is to rise above the gutter level insult culture that pervades this site. I still believe there is great potential here, and that most of you have better than what you are each day on this site in you. And I will continue to appeal to that for as long as I post here.
                    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-06-2020, 11:29 AM.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• And neither are you objective, though I have evidence outside myself that my posts do, at least on occasion, manage to rise above the gutter level insult culture that pervades this site.

It is not an easy thing to accomplish pix. You should try it yourself and see how it goes.

Comment

• Every once in a while, Jaecp makes a valid point. If one is looking for a list of significant accomplishments, a list of all accomplishments isn't especially helpful.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And neither are you objective, though I have evidence outside myself that my posts do, at least on occasion, manage to rise above the gutter level insult culture that pervades this site.

It is not an easy thing to accomplish pix. You should try it yourself and see how it goes.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Every once in a while, Jaecp makes a valid point. If one is looking for a list of significant accomplishments, a list of all accomplishments isn't especially helpful.
                            True, but you would think someone that self proclaims to have worked for political campaigns and presents himself a political expert would be aware of the stand up of a 5th military branch and the passing of a new trade agreement, which are very recent things that took place less than 3 weeks ago.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Every once in a while, Jaecp makes a valid point.....
                              You just have a special place in your heart for him cause you guys are Navy buds!

Comment

You just have a special place in your heart for him cause you guys are Navy buds!
                                Or he understands that even a blind pig occasionally finds an acorn.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment