Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Sorry, the statement is not a bijection. Having said if they were confident he did not commit a crime they would have said so simply does not justify saying if they were confident he did commit a crime they also would have said so. The second does not logically follow from the first
    Dirty Cop Mueller didn't say definitively that President Trump committed a crime. In fact, he said he couldn't reach that conclusion.

Bottom line.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Sorry, the statement is not a bijection. Having said if they were confident he did not commit a crime they would have said so simply does not justify saying if they were confident he did commit a crime they also would have said so. The second does not logically follow from the first
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• There was little influence attempted, the scale was minuscule and there was no demonstrable effect. Of greater concern is the actual effect produced by Google for the Clinton campaign.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Mueller didn't charge Trump with anything, he simply turned the report over to Congress to adjudicate wherein Trumps new toadie stepped in and did the exonerating. That Trump obstructed Mueller is as evident as his obstruction in the corrupt Ukrainian scheme, corruption and obstruction is what he does.
          Congress DOESN'T EVER adjudicate.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Congress DOESN'T EVER adjudicate.
            That is, actually, the function of an impeachment trial.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Dirty Cop Mueller didn't say definitively that President Trump committed a crime. In fact, he said he couldn't reach that conclusion.

Bottom line.
              Yeah, we don't really have to explain that (for the hundredth time) to you again do we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                That is, actually, the function of an impeachment trial.

--Sam
                No, it's the function of the judiciary. Impeachment carries no penalty - removal isn't punitive.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  No, it's the function of the judiciary. Impeachment carries no penalty - removal isn't punitive.
                  That's not what the word "adjudicate" means. In this case, Mueller's report stated that because of a DOJ opinion that the President cannot be charged with a crime while in office, the investigation did not proceed to make any judgments as to potential criminal violations stemming from Trump's conduct. As the report noted and Mueller heavily implied in testimony, however, the remedy for that lack of prosecutorial discretion is Congress' ability to impeach and try a President for corrupt acts in office.

Congress fulfills that remedy by drafting articles of impeachment and adjudicating the question of the President's guilt.

--Sam
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    That's not what the word "adjudicate" means.
                    Yeah, it's not. Adjudicate can simply mean "to judge between", which is what the Senate is charged with doing.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Yeah, it's not. Adjudicate can simply mean "to judge between", which is what the Senate is charged with doing.
                      Sheesh, you guys will argue anything. That's what he said, the Senate adjudicates, i.e judges whether the President is guilty or innocent..

Comment

Sheesh, you guys will argue anything. That's what he said, the Senate adjudicates, i.e judges whether the President is guilty or innocent..
                        Perhaps it's your inability to understand standard English, Jim. I was agreeing with Sam.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps it's your inability to understand standard English, Jim. I was agreeing with Sam.
                          Okay, my bad.

Comment

Okay, my bad.

Comment

. Adjudicate can simply mean "to judge between", which is what the Senate is charged with doing.
                              Yes. It is what the Senate is charged with doing impartially

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Bottom line.
                                No, he said he could not say he did NOT commit a crime. And he said any remedy for what the evidence implied was the job of the congress to implent.

There is a massive difference between what he said and what you are trying to imply.

You need to consider the sum of what he said, not just parts of it,
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment