Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christianity Today Op Ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    While I do think oxmixmudd can be a bit overbearing in his Trump dislike--then again, others here go overboard with their Trump approval--to call him a clone of Jorge is going way too far.
    Yeah, Jorge isn't here so you shouldn't insult him.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
      Was there nothing in the Muellar report that you found concerning at all?
      Yes, the 31 million dollar price tag.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Yes, the 31 million dollar price tag.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          From Mueller's own report:

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Also, the case for Russian meddling in Mueller's own report is exceptionally weak and contradictory:

None of this means that the Mueller report's core finding of "sweeping and systematic" Russian government election interference is necessarily false. But his report does not present sufficient evidence to substantiate it. This shortcoming has gone overlooked in the partisan battle over two more highly charged aspects of Mueller's report: potential Trump-Russia collusion and Trump's potential obstruction of the resulting investigation. As Mueller prepares to testify before House committees later this month, the questions surrounding his claims of a far-reaching Russian influence campaign are no less important. They raise doubts about the genesis and perpetuation of Russiagate and the performance of those tasked with investigating it.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html[/cite]
          dohttps://time.com/5340060/donald-trum...ssia-meddling/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
            do
            Right, just like the fact that there's no evidence you committed murder doesn't necessarily mean you're not guilty of murder. So what? The burden is on the prosecution to prove that the defendant is guilty and not on the defendant to prove his innocence. That's how the system works, and Mueller couldn't clear that hurdle.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Trump successfully obstructed the proper findings on the Mueller investigation

Thats why Mueller laid out 10 obstruction charges in the document and has explicitly and repeatedly said that the report does not exonerate the President. He took a middle path and did not charge based off of the OLC memo written back in the Nixon administration that presidents couldn't be indicted while in office. Congress should have immediately moved to open hearings on those 10 instances of obstruction, but Barrs preemptive "summary" was largely successful

Its still very much an open question and there is a lot of concerning behavior. Watch Roger Stones trial.

Regardless, its universally acknowledged that the Russian government acted to interfere in our election in 2016 on Trumps behalf. The only people that contest this are partisans in support of the President. Trumps innocence or guilt doesn't change this.

Comment

From Mueller's own report:

"The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Also, the case for Russian meddling in Mueller's own report is exceptionally weak and contradictory:

Source: Real Clear Investigations

None of this means that the Mueller report's core finding of "sweeping and systematic" Russian government election interference is necessarily false. But his report does not present sufficient evidence to substantiate it. This shortcoming has gone overlooked in the partisan battle over two more highly charged aspects of Mueller's report: potential Trump-Russia collusion and Trump's potential obstruction of the resulting investigation. As Mueller prepares to testify before House committees later this month, the questions surrounding his claims of a far-reaching Russian influence campaign are no less important. They raise doubts about the genesis and perpetuation of Russiagate and the performance of those tasked with investigating it.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html

© Copyright Original Source

You are wasting your time. It is like trying to convince a flat earther. They just continue proclaiming that if you read the report in the proper manner[1] it clearly shows that Trump colluded with Putin.

1. I guess it involves squinting just so while setting your jaw a certain way and has something to do with secret decoder rings

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                  While I do think oxmixmudd can be a bit overbearing in his Trump dislike--then again, others here go overboard with their Trump approval--to call him a clone of Jorge is going way too far.
                  Both sides have been comparing the other to Jorge
                  Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  It's quite something: even Jorge on his bad days rarely repeated a PRATT fewer than ten posts after it had been answered yet again.
                  Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Another PRATT -- they're coming at a pace that would make Jorge blush.

although it has certainly been one sided in this thread.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Right, just like the fact that there's no evidence you committed murder doesn't necessarily mean you're not guilty of murder. So what? The burden is on the prosecution to prove that the defendant is guilty and not on the defendant to prove his innocence. That's how the system works, and Mueller couldn't clear that hurdle.
                    https://www.vox.com/2019/10/8/209051...-2016-election

Comment

• And liberals prefer NOT to look for conflicting reports, but only those that align with their agenda.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                        Concerning in the sense that it started with a total lie that was used to smear a president because Hillary lost? Yeah, I find that rather concerning myself, you?

Comment

• I agree - Obama should have been MUCH more concerned, as it was happening under his watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                            The point you choose to ignore is that the Mueller report described "sweeping and systematic" Russian government election interference and the involvement of several Trump associates.
                            No, the Mueller report claimed it but never actually presented compelling evidence to prove it. Read the article I mentioned earlier. It goes into great detail showing how weak Mueller's case really is.

https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                              Mueller laid out 10 obstruction charges...
                              No he didn't. He described ten instances that were maybe possibly but not actually obstruction and then punted it to the Department of Justice who found that evidence was insufficient to support an obstruction charge. In fact, when Mueller was asked directly during his testimony if his investigation was ever "curtailed, stopped, or hindered at any time", he said no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                And liberals prefer NOT to look for conflicting reports, but only those that align with their agenda.
                                No, but you Trumsters certainly do prefer to look for conflicting reports that align with Putins' agenda.

Comment