Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Madrid Climate Summit Ends In Disarray...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madrid Climate Summit Ends In Disarray...

What a cluster!

Failure In Madrid As COP25 Climate Summit Ends In Disarray

Negotiations at a U.N. climate summit in Madrid broke down today as the two-week meeting ended without a crucial agreement on the global carbon market rules of the Paris Agreement.

After extending the two-week summit for an additional two days, the world’s countries agreed a text with vague pledges to enhance their Paris emissions reductions targets. But the watered-down text reflects a failure to agree on the key outcomes that were needed at the summit: setting a rulebook for the Paris Agreement and designing a global carbon market.

"Once again, no progress has been made to bring countries more in line with the 1.5 degrees target of the Paris Agreement,” said Bas Eickhout, a Dutch member of the European Parliament who has been part of the EU’s delegation at the negotiations. “Very strict rules are an absolute necessity and old untrustworthy CO2-credits have to be scrapped. That has not happened in Madrid, the summit ended without a deal.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekea.../#539bb7813d1f
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Obvious this was Trump's fault.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Obvious this was Trump's fault.
      And the US should jump into this pit of snakes! I thought we were all going to die and they can't agree on the basics!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Obviously without the USA as the deep pockets, they have nothing to pay for their nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          And the US should jump into this pit of snakes! I thought we were all going to die and they can't agree on the basics!
          Well, the ocean will probably be 20-30 feet higher in 1000 years, and various parts of the world uninhabitable to humans, but the temperate zones would still be habitable.

That could be true, while at the same time we politically aren't able to do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Well, the ocean will probably be 20-30 feet higher in 1000 years, and various parts of the world uninhabitable to humans, but the temperate zones would still be habitable.

That could be true, while at the same time we politically aren't able to do anything about it.
            Technological advancements would solve the problem long before then, and without a need to panic and change our way of life. Electric cars, clean energy, maybe even fusion power. You can't force advancement with panic. It will all happen at it's own pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Technological advancements would solve the problem long before then, and without a need to panic and change our way of life. Electric cars, clean energy, maybe even fusion power. You can't force advancement with panic. It will all happen at it's own pace.
              A 1000 years is a long time, I agree. And maybe with radical automation, we might be able to do some massive geoengineering. I'm not someone who despairs Sparko, humans are resourceful, so I don't think this will wipe us out. At any rate I don't think God would allow it to wipe us out completely.

Comment