Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Little Greta comes clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Nonsense Tass, I will not be forced to share in another person's lie. A man is not a woman. If that is discriminate, then you have a strange definition. Now I do work with a trans lady who uses a man's first name, and out of politeness that is what I call her. But if I was forced to by law or policy you can bet I will start calling her Donna again.
    We agree on this seer. However, I doubt I am willing to go to jail or lose my job over it. I'd just avoid calling her anything that involved gender.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      We agree on this seer. However, I doubt I am willing to go to jail or lose my job over it. I'd just avoid calling her anything that involved gender.
      So basically you are letting someone cower you into giving up your free speech?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

That's a perverse way of looking at it Sparko.

First of all, I do not view free speech as mandate for being offensive to people. With the freedom of speech comes the responsibility not to abuse it. Mutual respect means I don't seek out that which I know offends and exercise my 'free speech' as a means to justify that which I know hurts and offends.

Second, I am no fool, and I have a family to support. Because of the fact there can be people in the workplace hyper-sensitive to gender related issue or the potential for sexual discrimination, I already conduct myself in a way that is as much as possible gender neutral. That effectively means I would not have any need to refer to anyone in ways that could be deemed offensive regardless of their sexuality or preferred designation. It is just part of life in our culture in this day and age.
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-26-2019, 06:42 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          It is not "giving up free speech" to exhibit common courtesy and avoid causing deliberate offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            It is not "giving up free speech" to exhibit common courtesy and avoid causing deliberate offense.
            It is when the government forces, you by penalty of law, as I linked. And I find it offense having to lie by referring to a man as a women.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

First of all, I do not view free speech as mandate for being offensive to people. With the freedom of speech comes the responsibility not to abuse it. Mutual respect means I don't seek out that which I know offends and exercise my 'free speech' as a means to justify that which I know hurts and offends.

Second, I am no fool, and I have a family to support. Because of the fact there can be people in the workplace hyper-sensitive to gender related issue or the potential for sexual discrimination, I already conduct myself in a way that is as much as possible gender neutral. That effectively means I would not have any need to refer to anyone in ways that could be deemed offensive regardless of their sexuality or preferred designation. It is just part of life in our culture in this day and age.
              Democracy dies in darkness.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Democracy dies in darkness.
                And what can be darker for democracy than the willingness to look the other way as the president of the United states tries to force a foreign power to help him defeat his political foe?

Comment

And what can be darker for democracy than the willingness to look the other way as the president of the United states tries to force a foreign power to help him defeat his political foe?
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-27-2019, 07:54 AM.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• To say 'he didnt' based on the evidence presented is nothing less than to participate in Trump's cover up. Hopefully one day you'll figure it out.

Comment

To say 'he didnt' based on the evidence presented is nothing less than to participate in Trump's cover up. Hopefully one day you'll figure it out.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Recently I saw a picture in the paper depicting a recently home Greta back on her school strike. I wonder if she receives private tuition when not on strike, and if so do the other students sacrificing their educations know this. One thing I have observed about liberals is that they are willing to sacrifice others on the altars of their current bee-in-the-bonnet, but never quick to sacrifice themselves.

Comment

• The sky is usually blue.

Comment

The sky is usually blue.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• So far I've not let any irrational group of raving ideologues bully me into silence. .
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 12-27-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

So far I've not let any irrational group of raving ideologues bully me into silence. .
                                And yet....

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment