Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Good, they've invited Trump to come in and testify. Think he'll do it Tea?
    He might provide written testimony - he already said he was considering it - but the testimony phase appears to be over. Schiff is supposed to be writing the report - and 'talking to his constituents'.

If this is all they've got, I'm dubious that they will even attempt articles. I am not even sure they still have the votes - and Pelosi is not insane enough for a floor vote on articles without knowing she has the votes.

At least I don't think she is...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      He might provide written testimony - he already said he was considering it - but the testimony phase appears to be over. Schiff is supposed to be writing the report - and 'talking to his constituents'.

If this is all they've got, I'm dubious that they will even attempt articles. I am not even sure they still have the votes - and Pelosi is not insane enough for a floor vote on articles without knowing she has the votes.

"We have to vote on the articles of impeachment before we can find out what's in them!"
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They're still consulting with their focus groups -- they'll get back to you soon.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
          I thought they were waiting for the McGahn ruling which just came out in their favour. Interesting to see if Bolton will talk now.
          The McGahn thing isn't nearly done yet. I believe WH has appealed to SCOTUS. Even if SCOTUS upholds, all that does is compel McGahn to drive a few blocks and show up. My understanding is that he will basically claim Executive Privilege to each and every question, and a court will have to rule on each one before he answers.

Meanwhile PORE -- President of RedEye -- Bolton should spend his time figuring out how to work his Twit account before contemplating testifying.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• The whistleblower was influential enough that it made Trump do a 180 and publicly reject Quid Pro Quo after he learned what the whistleblower revealed.

Comment

Take my word for it, Tea, the articles are coming.

Comment

Take my word for it, Tea, the articles are coming.
                You keep saying that and the Democrats may do it but right now it's not certain.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  The whistleblower was influential enough that it made Trump do a 180 and publicly reject Quid Pro Quo after he learned what the whistleblower revealed.
                  Too bad you weren't advising Schiff.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You keep saying that and the Democrats may do it but right now it's not certain.
                    You have Brenda Lawrence going back and forth over whether she supports impeachment or not while two more are floating trial balloons over whether Congress should issue a censure instead.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      The whistleblower was influential enough that it made Trump do a 180 and publicly reject Quid Pro Quo after he learned what the whistleblower revealed.
                      He also made Trump change his mind about supporting Left Twix over Right Twix as well

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        He also made Trump change his mind about supporting Left Twix over Right Twix as well
                        Are we encouraging delusions again?

Trump's biggest problem was his insistence there had been no QPQ at all when the question was whether there had been an improper QPQ...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Trump's biggest problem was his insistence there had been no QPQ at all when the question was whether there had been an improper QPQ...
                          Actually Trump didn't come out with the no QPQ statement to Sondland until right after he realized that the extortion phone call to Zelensky was revealed, or in other words after he was CAUGHT. Also, we don't even know if such a call with a no QPQ statement was ever made to Sondland, since there are no records of any such call. Funny that, don't ya think?

Comment

Actually Trump didn't come out with the no QPQ statement to Sondland until right after he realized that the extortion phone call to Zelensky was revealed, or in other words after he was CAUGHT. Also, we don't even know if such a call with a no QPQ statement was ever made to Sondland, since there are no records of any such call. Funny that, don't ya think?
                            Make up your mind. Are we believing the perjurer or not? I was talking about the defense which hasn't changed. Trump always said that there was no QPQ.

If all calls were transcribed they'd have subpoenaed them from the get go.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Wow there's a shocker. A bunch of politicians asking irrelevant questions and making speeches and the like. Still, none of that rises to a chairman of a hearing telling the witnesses what they mean as he keeps interrupting them to "clarify" their statements for them.

As for nothing of value being said after an opening statement... It was after his opening statement that Sondland had to keep walking back his claim (that there was quid pro quo) so far that it left the building.

Comment