Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Whistleblower identified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Apparently you missed the fact that I actually provided an example of one of the few instances where hearsay can be admitted.

And no, if a witness doesn't testify doesn't mean that you can permit someone who heard something third or fourth hand to testify as to what they think that the non-testifying witness may have heard about it.
    And, when asked point blank of their knowledge of a crime committed?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I'm not calling it a circus for allowing hearsay - I'm calling it a circus because that's what it was. Adam Schiff, pretty much a pathological liar, built this circus on the most partisan grounds possible, appointed himself chief prosecutor, judge, jury, and media spokesperson, and ran a kangaroo court.

I can't even think of Schiff without thinking "I recognize myself" and "the gentlewoman will suspend". In other words - "I get to talk - you shut up".
      That circus had more than one ring. There are numerous reasons for calling that farce a circus with nearly all of them leading directly back to Schiff's behavior.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That circus had more than one ring. There are numerous reasons for calling that farce a circus with nearly all of them leading directly back to Schiff's behavior.
        I still wonder about the interaction between him and Pelosi. She's no dummy - she had to know that Schiff was taking a big risk, and she can always play the "I tried to slow them down, but, gosh...."
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I still wonder about the interaction between him and Pelosi. She's no dummy - she had to know that Schiff was taking a big risk, and she can always play the "I tried to slow them down, but, gosh...."
          And now a potential rival for her position has revealed himself to be an incompetent bumbling oaf who just ended any dreams he ever had of becoming the next leader of the Democrats in the House.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And now a potential rival for her position has revealed himself to be an incompetent bumbling oaf who just ended any dreams he ever had of becoming the next leader of the Democrats in the House.
            And that's another possibility - she let him do this knowing it might blow up in his face, and since he was chief prosecutor and judge, there's nobody to blame but him.

Comment

And now a potential rival for her position has revealed himself to be an incompetent bumbling oaf who just ended any dreams he ever had of becoming the next leader of the Democrats in the House
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And that's another possibility - she let him do this knowing it might blow up in his face, and since he was chief prosecutor and judge, there's nobody to blame but him.
              00000000000000ars3.gif

Calm down rogue. He's your brudder and you already knew what he's like

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                "No it does not" what? It does not protect federal whistleblowers? Is that what you're suggesting? Whistleblowers are protected from retaliation, that is the whole purpose of the law, so I'm not sure what you were reading.
                Cute - but no, it does not protect the whistle blower from identification.

You do realize this will come out at trial, right?
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                  I don't know if it's that hard to believe based on this.
                  Based on the article the conversation could have just been:

Whistleblower - Hello! could I get some advice on how to report possible wrongdoing?
                  Staff - contact the the inspector general and seek legal counsel.
                  Whistleblower - thank you! bye!
                  Staff - bye!

---end---
                  Er, no - now this guy has to be smart enough to work intelligence and too stupid to read the manual. Talking to an outside source about an internal matter before filing a complaint violates the regulations and is way too ridiculous to believe from an intell source. Those guys have security protocols surgically drilled into their skulls.

"So, Mr Gossip, why didn't you read the policy manual you were provided to obtain the information you needed?"

"Manual? We have those?"
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• The fact-checkers at the WaPo, which normally finds some way to spin Democrat's statements so they can determine that they weren't outright lying, gave Schiff three more Pinocchios for more lying during his circus. This was after giving him 4 Pinocchios for lying about not being in contact with the fake whistleblower and assisting him file his complaint before the circus/hearings.

This time it was about Schiff's continuous lying about how the supposed whistleblower has a statutory right to remain anonymous. He does not.

Comment

I don't think Pelosi is in control any longer.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The fact-checkers at the WaPo, which normally finds some way to spin Democrat's statements so they can determine that they weren't outright lying, gave Schiff three more Pinocchios for more lying during his circus. This was after giving him 4 Pinocchios for lying about not being in contact with the fake whistleblower and assisting him file his complaint before the circus/hearings.

This time it was about Schiff's continuous lying about how the supposed whistleblower has a statutory right to remain anonymous. He does not.
                        Yep - just read your other post.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          I don't think Pelosi is in control any longer.
                          I don't know - I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted it to look that way, because she's playing Chess while Schiff is playing Checkers.

Comment

Apparently you missed the fact that I actually provided an example of one of the few instances where hearsay can be admitted.

And no, if a witness doesn't testify doesn't mean that you can permit someone who heard something third or fourth hand to testify as to what they think that the non-testifying witness may have heard about it.

Comment

I'm not calling it a circus for allowing hearsay - I'm calling it a circus because that's what it was. Adam Schiff, pretty much a pathological liar, built this circus on the most partisan grounds possible, appointed himself chief prosecutor, judge, jury, and media spokesperson, and ran a kangaroo court.

I can't even think of Schiff without thinking "I recognize myself" and "the gentlewoman will suspend". In other words - "I get to talk - you shut up".
                              How the proceedings were run is a matter of opinion which everyone is entitled to but critiquing it for not applying the strictest standards for evidence or meeting the highest threshold of proving their case beyond reasonable doubt is just wrong.

Comment

I don't know - I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted it to look that way, because she's playing Chess while Schiff is playing Checkers.
                                Eh, if she's playing chess she'd better hope she doesn't need all the pieces she keeps losing.

I personally think they're both playing Chutes and Ladders - but neither understands the rules...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment