Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump-Russia Probe: Criminal Investigation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    He doesnt get a free pass CP. But neither was it as obvious.
    What does that mean? How "obvious" does it have to be to be perceived as a thread?

At that point anyway. But let me ask you this. Many here want the FBI to get fried for investigating potential ties to Russia indicated by some very startling red flags in the Trump campaign, yet you also want to turn around and jump all over Obama for not reacting quickly enough on less startling evidence than drove the investigation into Trump campaign connections to russian operatives and oligarchs?
    "Jump all over Obama"? Your emotions are getting in the way of your judgment, Jim. I simply referred to the fact that he knew there was a problem and did precious little to mitigate it.

And you and others here are most definitely playing as somewhat trivial the evidence for what Trump has done in Ukraine.
    Actually, I'm waiting for actual facts, not both sides trying to outplay the other.

Please, let us observe this dichotomy in standard and begin to understand where the bias lies.
    Because there's absolutely no bias on your part, Jim? SERIOUSLY?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      What does that mean? How "obvious" does it have to be to be perceived as a thread?

"Jump all over Obama"? Your emotions are getting in the way of your judgment, Jim. I simply referred to the fact that he knew there was a problem and did precious little to mitigate it.

Actually, I'm waiting for actual facts, not both sides trying to outplay the other.

Because there's absolutely no bias on your part, Jim? SERIOUSLY?
      My potential bias has nothing to with the bias I am addressing here. And I am not making claims about my own potential to bias. I am talking about acussing Obama of not addressing the issue while at the same time excusing Trump's embracing the idea, even him acting to make it more difficult to defend against it by his undermining of our intelligence agencies and his actual covert efforts to use foreign elements to influence the outcome of our elections.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-26-2019, 04:04 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You know, I was all ready to vote for Hillary, but then I saw this hilarious meme on Facebook and immediately changed my vote to Trump.

True story.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          How, on God's green earth, did Obama allow that to happen?

FACT CHECK: Why Didn't Obama Stop Russia's Election Interference In 2016?

So why didn't Obama's administration do more?
          I can think of two possible reasons why Obama didn't take action:

1) He knew there was no Russian interference, or at least none worth speaking of.
          2) He was insuring that the Democrats had an "insurance policy" in case Hillary lost.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Please note that Mueller never once said that Trump obstructed anything. Instead he said that he could not exonerate him of obstruction. BIG difference -- aside from the fact that no prosecutor can exonerate anyone of anything. It simply is not their job.
            Not only is it not their job, but it is literally and legally impossible to exonerate someone who was never formally accused of a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I can think of two possible reasons why Obama didn't take action:

1) He knew there was no Russian interference, or at least none worth speaking of.
              2) He was insuring that the Democrats had an "insurance policy" in case Hillary lost.
              Neither of those are legitimate 'explanations of the counterfactual premise.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Yes, "orange man bad".

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Yes, "orange man bad".
                  Sticks and stones luv

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    Every serious journalist and even casual observers could see that Trump, and only Trump, was promoting the "collusion" story by using the "no collusion" line to pump it up every time the echoes died down.
                    Such a terrible lie. TDS is striking.
                    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                      Such a terrible lie. TDS is striking.
                      When you fall back on the mystical 'TDS' as the excuse for dismissing an idea that is well articulated and backed up by the facts, you've simply admitted the utter and complete emptiness of your own position.

Comment

When you fall back on the mystical 'TDS' as the excuse for dismissing an idea that is well articulated and backed up by the facts, you've simply admitted the utter and complete emptiness of your own position.
                        I take credit for first diagnosing you with TDS. We all now know you have it.

Continue in lies, pride, and hatred of Trump, and you will end up as scum.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          I take credit for first diagnosing you with TDS. We all now know you have it.

Continue in lies, pride, and hatred of Trump, and you will end up as scum.
                          You are acting like a women with a husband that cheats on her day after day, but she believes him every time he tells her the rumors are all lies.

Everybody knows what he's up to, except her.

Comment

You are acting like a women with a husband that cheats on her day after day, but she believes him every time he tells her the rumors are all lies.
                            No, that's you, and carped, and Juvenal, and Sam, and Starlight, and all the idiots who believe in Fake News. 'Trump is going down, this time, really, we mean it this time, promise!!!!!!'

Comment

Everybody knows what he's up to, except her.
                              FYI, you're responding to a Q-anon conspiracist.

Really.

Comment

The actual explanation is that when Obama wanted to make a public announcement with bipartisan support, McConnell responded to the overture as a partisan attack.

Biden: McConnell Refused To Sign Bipartisan Statement On Russian Interference
                                January 24, 2018 3:24 AM ET
                                SCOTT NEUMAN
                                Former Vice President Joe Biden says he and President Barack Obama decided not to speak out publicly on Russian interference during the 2016 campaign after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to sign a bipartisan statement condemning the Kremlin's role.

By Greg Miller, Ellen Nakashima and Adam Entous
                                June 23, 2017

This was publicly reported more than two years ago, an exercise in the kind of detailed investigative journalism that never shows up in "conservative news" outlets, an enviable illustration of the difference between news and its ersatz alternatives.

While he's publicly railed against the epithet, citing decades of legislative opposition against Russia, this is the kind of behavior that's more recently earned him his sobriquet, "Moscow Mitch."

Comment