Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Primary Polls in Primary Colors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    Shouldn't it be "Other" for Democrats, not "Write-In"? There are definitely going to be more than just those 4 on the primary ballots.

Barring something crazy occurring, I wouldn't vote for Trump or any of the Democratic candidates in the main election, but the primary's another story. The Republican primary is irrelevant so there's no point voting in it at all, so I might as well vote in the Democratic primary (my state does allow open primaries, though you can only vote for one party), and Biden seems the least objectionable to me of the frontrunners.
    This had long been my line of thinking but I've developed serious doubts that Biden can beat Trump in the last few months. The chances of him unleashing a game changing set of gaffes sometime in the next twelve months seem above 50%, and his mental state, while probably better than Trump's, does not seem up to the par that I expect from this position.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      That's because you had a democrat (Clinton) in the White House, rogue.
      Given the choice between Bill 'Can't stay out of trouble' Clinton and Bob 'forgot how to campaign' Dole people were turning to Bill 'Ack' the Cat.

Remember 31 Democrats voted to impeach Clinton - even those of us he'd won over in his first term were sick of him before the end of 1997.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        This had long been my line of thinking but I've developed serious doubts that Biden can beat Trump in the last few months. The chances of him unleashing a game changing set of gaffes sometime in the next twelve months seem above 50%, and his mental state, while probably better than Trump's, does not seem up to the par that I expect from this position.
        To be fair, Biden was never the sharpest tool in the socket, but Democrats for years would wink and say, "That's just Joe being Joe" (which is the same excuse they used to rationalize his wandering hands during photo ops with women and young girls). That line doesn't work so well when he's running for president.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment