Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And the accusations do not name actual crimes.
    Separate from "obstruction" which is named, the underlying crimes are circumscribed within the charge "abuse of power." This isn't a criminal trial, he can't be indicted remember, he's not going to prison if convicteed, so the charge is abuse of power, which like his sentence, being ousted from office, is political in nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Separate from "obstruction" which is named, the underlying crimes are circumscribed within the charge "abuse of power." This isn't a criminal trial, he can't be indicted remember, he's not going to prison if convicteed, so the charge is abuse of power, which like his sentence, being ousted from office, is political in nature.
      You're finally getting it!!!! This whole thing has been a political sham, Jim.

The Democrats "own" the impeachment process, because they're the majority in the House. (yeah, I know you know that)
      The Republicans "own" the conviction/removal process, because they're the majority in the Senate.

The problem is that the Democrats screwed up really badly thinking they were going to be able to con the American people into pressuring the Senate to convict and remove.

Ain't happening.

It's all about politics.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Is that the smell of.... desperation?

Jim - the Democrats could have waited for court rulings, or they could have done a better job doing their homework, or they could have made a better presentation, but they were in a stinkin' big hurry to get this sham moving along, believing they could sucker the American people into buying their con.

The more they talk, the less the American people support impeachment.

Even CNN's poll shows that....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41479[/ATTACH]
        Hey, what'd I tell ya, the same excuse coming from you all. That also tells me that you know, or that you believe Trump to be guilty as well, but, like your unprincipled representatives, you don't want that truth to be exposed. And btw, don't put to much stock in polls, CP. There are polls out that say 71% believe the President should be impeached, 60 something percent of republicans. Not necessarily convicted, but tried.

Comment

Hey, what'd I tell ya, the same excuse coming from you all.
          You're gonna have to be more specific, Jim. What excuse?

That also tells me that you know, or that you believe Trump to be guilty as well,
          I think Trump is guilty of a LOT of things, none of which rise to the level of impeachment.

but, like your unprincipled representatives, you don't want that truth to be exposed.
          Jim, you really need to stop trying to read minds - I want very much for the truth to be exposed.

And btw, don't put to much stock in polls, CP.
          The ONLY reason I've been watching them is because your colleagues have tried justifying impeachment on the basis of HALF of the American people wanting it. Even though HALF is a dumb benchmark, even THAT number is falling.

There are polls out that say 71% believe the President should be impeached, 60 something percent of republicans. Not necessarily convicted, but tried.
          Jim, I'm using an AGGREGATE of the polls compiled by Real Clear Politics -- not just some outlier poll I picked because I like it. And the NEWEST polls show approval is dropping --- the more the Democrats spew forth their hateful ignorance, the more the American people are turned off.

Only people like you are still gung ho "impeach!!!!"
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Longer quote from McConnell:
            I will do impartial justice https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...artial/603658/

Comment

You're finally getting it!!!! This whole thing has been a political sham, Jim.

The Democrats "own" the impeachment process, because they're the majority in the House. (yeah, I know you know that)
              The Republicans "own" the conviction/removal process, because they're the majority in the Senate.

The problem is that the Democrats screwed up really badly thinking they were going to be able to con the American people into pressuring the Senate to convict and remove.

Ain't happening.

It's all about politics.
              No, the problem is you ain't getting it, CP. But then agaian, you probably do, you're probably just feigning ignorance.

Comment

You're gonna have to be more specific, Jim. What excuse?

I think Trump is guilty of a LOT of things, none of which rise to the level of impeachment.

Jim, you really need to stop trying to read minds - I want very much for the truth to be exposed.

The ONLY reason I've been watching them is because your colleagues have tried justifying impeachment on the basis of HALF of the American people wanting it. Even though HALF is a dumb benchmark, even THAT number is falling.

Jim, I'm using an AGGREGATE of the polls compiled by Real Clear Politics -- not just some outlier poll I picked because I like it. And the NEWEST polls show approval is dropping --- the more the Democrats spew forth their hateful ignorance, the more the American people are turned off.

Only people like you are still gung ho "impeach!!!!"
                Not only gung ho impeach, but gung ho convict as well, unless the Senate puts on a real trial, calls the real relevant witnesses, and they can somehow convince me by falsifying the evidence already testified to.

Comment

Not only gung ho impeach, but gung ho convict as well, unless the Senate puts on a real trial, calls the real relevant witnesses, and they can somehow convince me by falsifying the evidence already testified to.
                  That was supposed to have been done in the House. The fact that you guys keep demanding a "do over" in the Senate is an admission that you realize that Schiff and Nadler really blew it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    That was supposed to have been done in the House. The fact that you guys keep demanding a "do over" in the Senate is an admission that you realize that Schiff and Nadler really blew it.
                    No. The inquirytrial is done in the Senate.

Comment

• It is the Senate's job to adjudicate the case presented by the House. If that case is weak then it is the Senate's job to dismiss the case or vote for acquittal.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                        If the House Democrats couldn't make their case with 17 "witnesses" repeating office gossip then it's not the Senate's job to call additional witnesses to try and make their case for them. The House had its chance, and they blew it.

(Although they've already hinted that they plan to continue "investigating" and may file additional articles of impeachment in the future.)
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

No, the problem is you ain't getting it, CP. But then agaian, you probably do, you're probably just feigning ignorance.
                          Sheeeeesh, Jim, you keep accidentally admitting it's POLITICAL, then you have to back up and do this childish "no, you don't get it CP" crap. I know exactly what it is, and you keep saying things that indicated you do too, but simply can't be honest about it.

It's political - BOTH sides are conducting themselves in ways they think will help the keep or gain power - the Democrats just keep betting on the wrong horse.

Comment

Not only gung ho impeach, but gung ho convict as well,
                            Yeah, that has never been in doubt.

unless the Senate puts on a real trial,
                            Too bad the Democrats botched their chance. They did such a terrible job that the Senate would be justified in saying "no thanks, try again".

Comment

• Well, since the House squandered their opportunity with sham impeachment process, don't count on the Senate playing along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                                Unfortunately, the incompetent political hacks managed to convince the American people they were failing miserably. Sure, they'll vote to impeach, but you're dreaming if you think it's going to do anything other than blow up in their faces.

Comment