Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    One member of the MSM even loudly proclaimed that she would gladly perform oral sex on him because he was their champion.
    And she is a celebrated feminist, to boot.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

One member of the MSM even loudly proclaimed that she would gladly perform oral sex on him because he was their champion.
      The National Enquirer does not qualify as MSM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        As a general principle would you agree that a president who refuses to cooperate to this extent in any constitutional process is an impeachable offence?
        Definitely not.

In general, I'd prefer more things be resolved by quiet and collegial negotiations; that horse headed toward the door with crap like, "It depends what the definition of 'is' is," picked up speed with "Bush was selected, not elected," got a boost when Barry Soweto did things like snark, "Elections have consequences," and under Bad Orange Man, with stuff like "Impeach the M_____ F_____," is well on its way to the proverbial glue factory.

But even when collegiality is present, I expect Branches and sub-Branches of government to strive for as much power and independence as they believe legally and Constitutionally allowable.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Why would the Democrats send the articles immediately to the Senate when the leaders of the Senate have publicly stated that they will NOT be impartial - in direct violation of their oath.
          Why would those leaders pretend to be impartial, when several members of the opposing party have openly and in some cases repeatedly opined on Bad Orange Man's guilt?
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            71% of americans believe that the president aides should have to testify. I'm assuming many of those are republicans. I wonder what percentage of tweb republicans agree.
            I'm assuming very few of those are Republicans, and that a plurality of the 71% live in Illinois, New York, and California.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Nina Burleigh is the person in question and she is the National Politics Correspondent for Newsweek, contributing editor at Elle and has written for Time magazine, New York Times, New Yorker, Washington Post, Slate, Salon, was an professor of journalism at Columbia University.

Interestingly it was the National Enquirer that actually broke the story about Bill Clinton's affair with his intern, Monica Lewinsky, after the MSM outlets that first uncovered it spiked the story. A similar thing happened with John Edward's affair and resulting illegitimate child while his wife was dying of cancer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                Why would those leaders pretend to be impartial, when several members of the opposing party have openly and in some cases repeatedly opined on Bad Orange Man's guilt?
                Just look at the Democrat Senators running for president.

Sen. Michael Bennet has said that based on the evidence presented by the House that he supports impeachment.

Sen. Bernie Sanders has tried to sound uncommitted but has endorsed the articles of impeachment

Sen. Elizabeth Warren has been calling for Trump's impeachment for awhile now, declaring, among other things, that "It is time for impeachment [of President Trump] now."

Sen. Cory Booker, after the House voting to impeach Trump called the act patriotic and declared that Trump has "violated his oath and eroded the trust of the American people" which more than hints that he favors impeachment.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar may be the only one who hasn't voiced support for impeachment and actually lectured her fellow Democrats on the matter of impartiality during a debate.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  I'm assuming very few of those are Republicans, and that a plurality of the 71% live in Illinois, New York, and California.
                  Meh. I'd like to hear from Bolton et. al. as well but understand that president's do have Executive Privilege.

Comment

Meh. I'd like to hear from Bolton et. al. as well but understand that president's do have Executive Privilege.
                    That's an interesting take on The Donald's hair.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      That's an interesting take on The Donald's hair.
                      That woulda been "that the president's do has Executive Privilege"

Still, if you've seen his hair on a windy day it almost seems alive. Hairthulu II?
                      Last edited by rogue06; 01-02-2020, 09:47 AM. Reason: missed a word

Comment

Nina Burleigh is the person in question and she is the National Politics Correspondent for Newsweek, contributing editor at Elle and has written for Time magazine, New York Times, New Yorker, Washington Post, Slate, Salon, was an professor of journalism at Columbia University.

Interestingly it was the National Enquirer that actually broke the story about Bill Clinton's affair with his intern, Monica Lewinsky, after the MSM outlets that first uncovered it spiked the story. A similar thing happened with John Edward's affair and resulting illegitimate child while his wife was dying of cancer.
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• And then pretty much rejected while attacking Arnold Schwarzenegger for similar behavior when the latter was Governor of California. I think it was a CBS News reporter that called her out to her face for blatant hypocrisy.

Comment

Trump attempted to block even career officials who were removed enough from his orbit that y'all have been calling their testimony "hearsay" for months now. How is that covered under executive privilege?

Same question for documents: the Trump administration has refused to provide documents to Congress, even inter-agency documents that didn't involve Trump and were released through FOIA requests. How does that square with asserting executive privilege?

--Sam
                            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Because the NE has more credibility.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Trump attempted to block even career officials who were removed enough from his orbit that y'all have been calling their testimony "hearsay" for months now. How is that covered under executive privilege?

Same question for documents: the Trump administration has refused to provide documents to Congress, even inter-agency documents that didn't involve Trump and were released through FOIA requests. How does that square with asserting executive privilege?

--Sam
                                Which begs the question why the House committees involved quickly dropped the requests once the courts were invoked. As we now see, it's not as if there's any huge rush to get this over with.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment