Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's about it --- they have solidified his support. I have never seen the Republican so united. That's always been one of my biggest gripes with them, is that the Democrats can circle the wagons and provide a united front, while the Republicans tend to eat their own.

This time, however, fundraising is through the roof, Republicans are united like never before, and Trump is on a victory lap.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I am trying to reconcile your comments of late with your claim not to be a Trump supporter.

I cant.
      That's part of the symptoms, Jim. I hate the process, I hate politics, I wish to God there was somebody else in the White House, but Trump is there.
      There are two legitimate ways to get rid of him.

A) National elections - one of which is coming in less than a year
      2) Impeachment - which is a very serious process that the Democrats have managed to weaponize

You must be using a definition of 'supporting Trump' that would be more closely related to the idea of aTrump worshipper.
      And you must be using a definition of "loving the brethren" that would be more closely related to the idea of "politics first".

And I would agree I see no evidence you worship Trump.
      I worship the Lord God Almighty and revere His Word as my ultimate guide for living my life.

I explained that I view things as eternal vs temporal. Trump is temporal, and this current battle will end soon.
      It is not my job - nor is it in my power - to oust Trump from his elected leadership position, and there is nothing to be gained by spending every waking moment opposing him.

I pray for Trump every day. I am commanded to do so.

I think if you (and other Christians) spent as much time praying for him as you do railing against him, and others joined in on that, God might actually do something with him.

Meanwhile, what you're accomplishing here, Jim, though you'll probably never see it, is that you you have virtually all the anti-Christian bigots patting you on the back, defending you, agreeing with you, using your posts to validate their belief that the rest of us are "fake Christians".

I may have missed it, but I never saw you come to the defense of your fellow Christians. Perhaps you, too, believe we are fake because we're not passionately anti-Trump?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• There's that classic phrase, which I have preached as a sermon a number of times -- "you may get what you want - but you may not want what you got".

I think that's why Nancy decided not to forward the Articles to the Senate -- she got what she wanted, then realized she didn't want what she got.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I am trying to reconcile your comments of late with your claim not to be a Trump supporter.
          By the way, observing what's happening and commenting on it is not necessarily "support". Many Democrats are saying the very thing I just said which elicited this comment from you.

Comment

• Since you, or the other Trumpsters here, don't seem to understand the concept of crimes with respect to the presidency, it doesn't do you any good for me to try and explain it to you, although it has been explained to you many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Which does not invalidate that impeachment was, throughout the process, a (barely) bipartisan endeavor. The attack line is simply wrong on the fact and only supportable by forgetting that Justin Amash exists.

Again, Justin Amash voted for impeachment.

Impeachment "came to be" because a career IC employee filed a complaint about Trump's actions that a Trump-appointed ICIG and Trump-appointed DNI deemed to be valid, after which Trump's WH counsel and Attorney General tried to quash and hide from Congress. During the investigation and against the orders of the Trump administration, numerous Trump-appointed officials testified to an "irregular track" effort by a cadre of Trump appointees (along with his personal attorney, working for "free" while cashing $500,000 checks from a Russian-mob-connected oligarch) to pressure Ukraine into investigating his likely campaign rival and a non-existent server supposedly proving that Ukraine, not Russia, hacked the DNC and DSCC.

Stated plainly, it's pretty hard to categorize that chain of events as "extremely partisan".

--Sam
              Amash is an Independent, so I would hardly call his vote "bipartisan"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Amash is an Independent, so I would hardly call his vote "bipartisan"
                I was waiting for someone to try this line out. It's a great indicator of who simply cannot or will not put an ounce of thought into what they're saying.

Amash, since elected into office in the Tea Party Wave of 2010, has been one of the most stalwart fiscal conservatives in the Republican party, with 100% ratings from Club For Growth and FreedomWorks.

Amash left the Republican party in July of this year, specifically over Trump's takeover and his caucus' partisan acquiescence to Trump's corrupt and criminal behavior. Y'all dismiss Amash as an Independent for the same reason you used to use the RINO term and now shout down any conservative who has the temerity to point out that Trump does crimes or is a greater threat than [Generic Democrat].

It's dishonest to the hilt but, there again, that's the cost of doing business with Trump.

--Sam
                "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Since you, or the other Trumpsters here, don't seem to understand the concept of crimes with respect to the presidency, it doesn't do you any good for me to try and explain it to you, although it has been explained to you many times.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I was waiting for someone to try this line out. It's a great indicator of who simply cannot or will not put an ounce of thought into what they're saying.

Amash, since elected into office in the Tea Party Wave of 2010, has been one of the most stalwart fiscal conservatives in the Republican party, with 100% ratings from Club For Growth and FreedomWorks.

Amash left the Republican party in July of this year, specifically over Trump's takeover and his caucus' partisan acquiescence to Trump's corrupt and criminal behavior. Y'all dismiss Amash as an Independent for the same reason you used to use the RINO term and now shout down any conservative who has the temerity to point out that Trump does crimes or is a greater threat than [Generic Democrat].

It's dishonest to the hilt but, there again, that's the cost of doing business with Trump.

--Sam
                    Gorsh, Trump used to be a staunch Democrat. People change parties or leave them Sam. And Amash left because he hated Trump. It is no surprise he voted for impeachment. TDS. You still cant claim the vote was "bipartisan" because one TDS sufferer who doesn't even belong to a party voted to impeach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Gorsh, Trump used to be a staunch Democrat. People change parties or leave them Sam. And Amash left because he hated Trump. It is no surprise he voted for impeachment. TDS. You still cant claim the vote was "bipartisan" because one TDS sufferer who doesn't even belong to a party voted to impeach.
                      "Everyone -- even the most conservative members of our party -- have 'TDS' if they find Trump contemptible and detest his corrupt and criminal acts" is a very healthy way to operate a party.

Feels like the party symbol ought to change a bit, though. May I suggest the boar's head?

ban-15.jpg
                      "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

• Clinto was impeached for lying to Congress, dopey!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Clinto was impeached for lying to Congress, dopey!
                          He lied under oath.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            He lied under oath.
                            So did Trump, given the evidence shown at the Stone trial.

Comment

So did Trump, given the evidence shown at the Stone trial.
                              Than the house should have voted to impeach him on it. Did they?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                He lied under oath.
                                Which is actually a crime with a real name -- perjury.

Comment