Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Take This Impeachment And Shove It...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    3 years of endless investigations later and no evidence of any crimes taking place, but nope, the democrats are not out to get Trump at all. You’re doing a great job of pushing Trump to win in 2020. Last month, one of my friends decided to vote for the first time of her life in 2020 because of Democrat tantrums. Trump should simply not bother to hire anyone to run his campaign, he simply needs to let people like you talk.
    Well, lets just hope there are not too many naive, misinformed, people like you out there, Lilpix. No evidence indeed. All you need to conclude that there was no evidence of any crimes is for some one to tell you that there was no evidence of any crimes. Your head would probably explode at this point if you weren't told what to believe, Lilpix. No evidence, oh my word!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
      What politics is Justin Amash -- former Freedom Caucus member and hardline fiscal conservative -- playing?

--Sam
      Why are you so hyperfocused on one man, Sam? He's been a critic of Trump for quite a while.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Why are you so hyperfocused on one man, Sam? He's been a critic of Trump for quite a while.
        Is he partisan in his criticism?
        "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Is he partisan in his criticism?
          I don't know, and don't really care - again, he's one man.

What's amazing to me is how you guys think you're actually accomplishing anything by beating this dead horse over and over and over.....

The House impeached on an incredibly partisan vote, and the Senate will not convict/remove on an incredibly partisan vote.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What's amazing to me is how you guys think you're actually accomplishing anything by beating this dead horse over and over and over.....

The House impeached on an incredibly partisan vote, and the Senate will not convict/remove on an incredibly partisan vote.
            Well, your criticism before was that Pelosi wanted bipartisan support for impeachment proceedings and you've been constantly implying that it wasn't.

Truth is that it was. Justin Amash is a conservative -- he was a Freedom Caucus founding member! And Amash pulls down the curtain on your whole deflection here: Amash, despite being a Republican, has consistently focused on the facts discovered about Trump's effort to pressure Ukraine for his political ends and has supported impeachment.

You, too, could choose to address the facts instead of making this into some tribal battle of wills. Like Amash there and Jim here, you'd likely find yourself in a lonely corner with people who once mostly agreed with you hounding you with spurious accusations of derangement.

But it'd be worth it: as Josh Barro said from the start of all this, Trump is in a position where he could take everything away from you ... except your dignity.

That has to be offered up to him.

--Sam
            "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

It may have been partisan but it was nevertheless supported by abundant evidence. The House had 17 credible witnesses testifying that Trump attempted to abuse his power by enlisting a foreign government to interfere in the next election. The House also found that Trump demonstrably obstructed Congress in its investigation of this abuse.

Conversely, The Senate leader has publicly stated that a Senate trial will be partisan to the extent of NOT allowing ANY evidence from ANY witnesses. McConnell has said he will move to acquit Trump without ANY hearings at all.

And you seem to think this is reasonable.

Comment

They have. They have dramatically increased the odds that he'll be re-elected thanks to them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  It may have been partisan but it was nevertheless supported by abundant evidence. The House had 17 credible witnesses testifying that Trump attempted to abuse his power by enlisting a foreign government to interfere in the next election. The House also found that Trump demonstrably obstructed Congress in its investigation of this abuse.

Conversely, The Senate leader has publicly stated that a Senate trial will be partisan to the extent of NOT allowing ANY evidence from ANY witnesses. McConnell has said he will move to acquit Trump without ANY hearings at all.

And you seem to think this is reasonable.

"Credible" he says smiley snicker.gif

Last edited by rogue06; 12-27-2019, 02:26 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What politics is Justin Amash -- former Freedom Caucus member and hardline fiscal conservative -- playing?

--Sam
                    Who cares about Amash? He used to be a Republican at one time but isn't now.

It is like noting that Trump used to be a Democrat so we can say it was a Democrat who was impeached by his fellow Democrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

"Credible" he says
                      Yes, "credible:

1. capable of being believed; believable".

2. a credible statement. worthy of belief or confidence; trustworthy: a credible witness.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/credible

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                        Yes, "credible:

1. capable of being believed; believable".

2. a credible statement. worthy of belief or confidence; trustworthy: a credible witness.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/credible
                        Also (From the Dictionary of Tassman)

Credible:

3. agrees with one of Tassman's pet hobby-horses

4. displays a bigoted anti-Christian attitude
                        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Well, lets just hope there are not too many naive, misinformed, people like you out there, Lilpix. No evidence indeed. All you need to conclude that there was no evidence of any crimes is for some one to tell you that there was no evidence of any crimes. Your head would probably explode at this point if you weren't told what to believe, Lilpix. No evidence, oh my word!
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              They have. They have dramatically increased the odds that he'll be re-elected thanks to them.
                              That's about it --- they have solidified his support. I have never seen the Republican so united. That's always been one of my biggest gripes with them, is that the Democrats can circle the wagons and provide a united front, while the Republicans tend to eat their own.

This time, however, fundraising is through the roof, Republicans are united like never before, and Trump is on a victory lap.

Comment

That's about it --- they have solidified his support. I have never seen the Republican so united. That's always been one of my biggest gripes with them, is that the Democrats can circle the wagons and provide a united front, while the Republicans tend to eat their own.

This time, however, fundraising is through the roof, Republicans are united like never before, and Trump is on a victory lap.
                                I am trying to reconcile your comments of late with your claim not to be a Trump supporter.

I cant.

You must be using a definition of 'supporting Trump' that would be more closely related to the idea of aTrump worshipper.

And I would agree I see no evidence you worship Trump.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment