Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why NC-9 Should Frighten the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    That's typically not how the argument goes. Usually it's "Why do you care about it now when you didn't care about it then?"
    But that is your questions to others. We also need to make our own decisions on how we will act as individuals. And in those cases, no one of us can justify our actions only by pointing to the fact that others did the same. So even if those who would blame me in a given situation would be hypocrites for doing so, it does not follow that my action was justifiable.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    If you're attempting to morally justify something by saying "they did it too", you've already lost.
    That's typically not how the argument goes. Usually it's "Why do you care about it now when you didn't care about it then?"

Leave a comment:

• RumTumTugger
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    If you're attempting to morally justify something by saying "they did it too", you've already lost.
    that is JimL doing it not lilpixie

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I don't believe I have ever seen anybody who can be so consistently ironic.
    Talking to yourself in the mirror again, eh CP.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    You'd like to think so anyway. Unfortunately you are obviously naive and easily led.
    I don't believe I have ever seen anybody who can be so consistently ironic.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]39698[/ATTACH]

FAR more dead people vote for Democrats than for Republicans.
    You'd like to think so anyway. Unfortunately you are obviously naive and easily led.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I never said that. Maybe you should try not making up something in order to make it easier to refute. The point is that democrats are more than willing to subvert democratic processes, in order to win. A thing you seem to believe to be something only republicans do.
    The courts are part of our democracy so I have no idea what you are going on about. I never suggested that republicans subverted democracy by going through the courts. You brought the courts into it probably to divert attention from the things that republicans are actually doing like the many facets of their voter suppression tactics, or tactics like calling votes in secret with only republicans in attendance in order to overide a democrat governors veto. No, you don't see democrats pulling these undemocratic stunts, that's how republicans operate.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    I never said that. Maybe you should try not making up something in order to make it easier to refute. The point is that democrats are more than willing to subvert democratic processes, in order to win. A thing you seem to believe to be something only republicans do.
    i-voted-tombstone.jpg

FAR more dead people vote for Democrats than for Republicans.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    First off I didn't claim there was anything wrong with going through the courts, that's what courts are for. But you made the challenge that only liberals win through the courts, so it's up to you to prove it.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    First off I didn't claim there was anything wrong with going through the courts, that's what courts are for. But you made the challenge that only liberals win through the courts, so it's up to you to prove it.
    She didn't say only.

Leave a comment:

• JimL
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
    Trick question. Both of them have.

Though I would say the Democratic Party does do it more often.

Leave a comment:

• Terraceth
    replied
    Trick question. Both of them have.

Though I would say the Democratic Party does do it more often.

Leave a comment:

• lilpixieofterror
    replied
    Actually it's your claim, so you tell me.

Leave a comment: