Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epstein Found Dead In Cell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump asked about Chislaine (the pedophile's procurer) Maxwell at a press conference and says "I just wish her well, frankly." Watch your back, Chislaine. Then he pretends he hardly knows them saying; "I guess they (she and Epstein) lived in Palm Beach."
    Last edited by JimL; 07-21-2020, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Wish her well?

No. "What she allegedly did was bad. She hurt a lot of people. If she's guilty, I have confidence in our judicial system, justice will be served."

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Wish her well?

No. "What she allegedly did was bad. She hurt a lot of people. If she's guilty, I have confidence in our judicial system, justice will be served."
        "Wish her well" is, in fact, the wording he used. I'm not reading much into it like some people are. I don't think it's a coded signal that she's going about to be killed/pardoned or that he supports her. I do think it's a careless throwaway comment that indicates he just doesn't think it's a big deal (sort of like how Trump's comment years ago that Epstein was a "great" guy who loved younger women indicates that he didn't think his party lifestyle was a big deal).
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          "Wish her well" is, in fact, the wording he used. I'm not reading much into it like some people are. I don't think it's a coded signal that she's going about to be killed/pardoned or that he supports her. I do think it's a careless throwaway comment that indicates he just doesn't think it's a big deal (sort of like how Trump's comment years ago that Epstein was a "great" guy who loved younger women indicates that he didn't think his party lifestyle was a big deal).
          I took it as just a dismissive --- "her problem".
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• 02maxwell-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yeah, sort of like how "bless your heart" may not have the same connotation to a Northerner who doesn't realize it's the Southern equivalent of (blank) you.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Yeah, sort of like how "bless your heart" may not have the same connotation to a Northerner who doesn't realize it's the Southern equivalent of (blank) you.
                Yeah, I think it's YOUR fault I mostly quit using that here.

A minute thirty....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I might buy that if he didn't reference "Pedo Island" in the past and deny he had ever been on that island and connected it to the Clintons, which tells me he's fully cognizant of the stories surrounding these folks. I think it's another example of how stupid Trump is and the fact he couldn't come with anything intelligent to say at the spur of the moment.

Comment

Yeah, but that's only because Obama wasn't their close friend, and it wasn't he that wished her well. You know it!

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      I might buy that if he didn't reference "Pedo Island" in the past and deny he had ever been on that island and connected it to the Clintons, which tells me he's fully cognizant of the stories surrounding these folks. I think it's another example of how stupid Trump is and the fact he couldn't come with anything intelligent to say at the spur of the moment.
                      Sounded defensive to me. I'm sure if he wasn't a close friend, if it was just some unknown, he would have found something more appropriate to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Yeah, but that's only because Obama wasn't their close friend, and it wasn't he that wished her well. You know it!
                        No, Jim, I know very little about this at all. I haven't been following it.

(but, then again, that probably means I know more about it than you )

Comment

No, Jim, I know very little about this at all. I haven't been following it.

(but, then again, that probably means I know more about it than you )
                          Know little about it? What, have you been living under a rock?

Comment

Know little about it? What, have you been living under a rock?
                            It's not my taste, Jim. The whole thing is sick. I have not been paying attention to it at all.

Comment

Sounded defensive to me. I'm sure if he wasn't a close friend, if it was just some unknown, he would have found something more appropriate to say.
                              Epstein and Trump weren't particularly close even before their falling out.

Comment

Epstein and Trump weren't particularly close even before their falling out.
                                Who told you that?

Comment