Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mass Shooting El Paso...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Oh like the Charlottesville lie the MSM spouted in 2017? that Trump was supporting the White supremacists.

oh and btw the guy in the video showing you what the lie is. He's Steve Cortes a CNN analyst, He at least knows context matters and shows it here.
    From another comment in another thread:

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Am I missing something? The guy in the video, Steve Cortez, is not a CNN guy. He's a political commentator who was invited onto CNN. He apparently also does political commentating on CNBC, and Fox News. And they say right there in the intro that he's, "a member of the Trump 2020 reelection committee."

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      Yeah, he gets a speech writer to make it better, says it himself, so of course, you assume he doesn't mean it.

Dude, you're a real jerk.
      There is no problem in someone else writing the speech. And the lines quoted were good. The problem is I have to assume he does not mean it because what he ususally says or tweets suggests so.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        There is no problem in someone else writing the speech. And the lines quoted were good. The problem is I have to assume he does not mean it because what he ususally says or tweets suggests so.
        We should always take someone's statements in the way a hostile person would interpret them over and above a plain statement to the contrary, amirite?
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          <A/H>
          Nothing substantive requiring a response.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

From another comment in another thread:
            Except he was completely accurate about what Trump said, I went back and watch the press conference.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Trump is the President, don't blame the media for reporting what he says.
              I don't. I blame them for the accompanying shrilly negative spin - but you knew that already.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Except he was completely accurate about what Trump said, I went back and watch the press conference.
                That's not Adrift's point.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  We should always take someone's statements in the way a hostile person would interpret them over and above a plain statement to the contrary, amirite?
                  I wonder how you came to that conclusion based on what I said.

Comment

That's not Adrift's point.
                    Right and my point is it doesn't matter who the guy worked for or not, he was correct.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Right and my point is it doesn't matter who the guy worked for or not, he was correct.
                      Who was arguing against that point?

Comment

Who was arguing against that point?
                        I was just making sure the point did not get lost.

Comment

I don't think Trump is racist. I think he is an ass, but an equal opportunity ass. He will insult anyone regardless of race, colour creed or gender.

The problem is that the media takes his insults of people who aren't white males to mean that he's racist/a homophobe/a ________phobe etc.
                          They also do the same with his sometimes very legitimate criticism.
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            I wonder how you came to that conclusion based on what I said.
                            I don't.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't. I blame them for the accompanying shrilly negative spin - but you knew that already.
                              Well, I knew that's how you would see it. You're a Trumpster. But when then pattern fits, it's not a negative spin.
                              Last edited by JimL; 08-05-2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

The conservative National Review came out with an editorial about white supremacist violence, and indeed, Trump mentioned it in its speech.

Conservatives rightly hammered Obama for his refusal to condemn Islamic terrorism. However, right now, there have been enough incidents that a pattern has emerged (the attempted Somali apartment attack in Kansas, Dylann Roof in South Carolina, this, Charlottesville, the shooter who cited Calvinism a few weeks ago, though I don't remember the details, the guy who shot up a bar in my hometown hunting for non-white people two years ago) and there are common fingerprints on the dark corners of the Internet, so I give Trump credit for calling a spade a spade. If there had been this many jihadists shooting people, I would hope the connection would be drawn as well.

This matters not to score points in the social justice wars, but because Christians need to combat the message where it comes up, and because people, especially parents of teenagers going the wrong way, need to recognize warning signs of radicalization and get their family members help.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment