Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California Requires Trump to Release Tax Returns for Spot on Primary Ballot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    California passing a law forcing candidates to release their private tax information is a violation of the 4th amendment and 26 USC 6103 and will be struck down.

They tried it two years ago and Governor Brown vetoed it because it was unconstitutional. Newsom doesn't seem to have the sense that Brown did.
    It was a political gesture. I'm pretty sure he expected it to be struck down.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      In solidarity with Mocow-poke, I'd like you to refer to me as "One Vlad Pig".

Thanks.
      Mo' Cow? Is his last name "Bell?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
        From henceforth I wish-...I mean, we wish to be known as ChrawnUSSR.
        Velcome! I am Comrade Sparkovich! рад познакомиться с вами

Comment

бекон

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            бекон
            Doh! Lost to Jed's law again!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              In solidarity with Mocow-poke, I'd like you to refer to me as "One Vlad Pig".

Thanks.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Приветствую, друзья. Благодаря нашим усилиям мы обеспечим еще одну великую победу Трампа!
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Приветствую, друзья. Благодаря нашим усилиям мы обеспечим еще одну великую победу Трампа!
                  Да, товарищи! Наш брат Трамп еще раз порадует матушку Россию!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Tax returns aren't going to show anything like that. Especially not a personal tax return. What you want are Trump's financial disclosure statements which he has dutifully submitted every year as required by law since he announced his candidacy. They're also public record, so go take a look at them, if you really care that much.
                    You can't say that definitively. All the articles I've read have said "Yes, but..." This matter is much too complex to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                      You can't say that definitively. All the articles I've read have said "Yes, but..." This matter is much too complex to say that.
                      What could he have possibly itemized that would be - well, anything?
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                        You do realize that's a blatant falsehood. If it were in fact 'well documented' then there would be no issue with prosecution, indictment or impeachment. None of which have - or are likely to - occurred.
                        There was the 40 page NYT article that was an exhaustive investigation into Trump's family finances, none of the facts of which have been disputed. It details over 200 streams of income Donald received from Fred going back to infancy and the shell corporation, All County, that the children set up expressly as a tax avoidance scheme to transfer the father's wealth to the children. As far as prosecution, I don't know the details of the machinations of prosecution( and I doubt you do either), but just because charges haven't been brought yet doesn't mean a substantive case hasn't been made. And these actions cover time prior to Trump's Presidency so wouldn't be covered under impeachment.

The main takeaways are that if this article is right, Trump is a fraud in two senses:

Trump is not a "self-made man" but a trust funder who was making over 200k/yr at age 3
                        He acquired his share of his father's wealth through criminal tax fraud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQwsPcToCQQ

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          What could he have possibly itemized that would be - well, anything?
                          He has a category under miscellaneous income called "Russian Contributions".
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                            There was the 40 page NYT article that was an exhaustive investigation into Trump's family finances, none of the facts of which have been disputed. It details over 200 streams of income Donald received from Fred going back to infancy and the shell corporation, All County, that the children set up expressly as a tax avoidance scheme to transfer the father's wealth to the children. As far as prosecution, I don't know the details of the machinations of prosecution( and I doubt you do either), but just because charges haven't been brought yet doesn't mean a substantive case hasn't been made. And these actions cover time prior to Trump's Presidency so wouldn't be covered under impeachment.

The main takeaways are that if this article is right, Trump is a fraud in two senses:

Trump is not a "self-made man" but a trust funder who was making over 200k/yr at age 3
                            He acquired his share of his father's wealth through criminal tax fraud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQwsPcToCQQ
                            So, no criminal wrong doing on Trump's part.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              He has a category under miscellaneous income called "Russian Contributions".
                              And despite a two year investigation, nobody noticed...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Actually they want all presidential candidates to release their tax returns.
                                Actually, they're targeting Trump, and only the dumbest don't know that.

Do you have a problem with that, or are you just concerned with protecting the treasonous crook you helped to put in the White House, Moscow-poke!
                                Whatever you say NAMBLA-boi.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment