Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California Requires Trump to Release Tax Returns for Spot on Primary Ballot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    I think the biggest thing Trump's tax returns will show is that he is not quite as rich as he likes to claim he is.

(But that's not illegal)
    Keep in mind that his personal tax return is not necessarily going to show all his business and company assets.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Keep in mind that his personal tax return is not necessarily going to show all his business and company assets.
      Or assets abroad... Until that income hits US shores, it's not taxable - and probably not reportable, either.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Tax returns aren't going to show anything like that. Especially not a personal tax return. What you want are Trump's financial disclosure statements which he has dutifully submitted every year as required by law since he announced his candidacy. They're also public record, so go take a look at them, if you really care that much.
        It's tax returns and 'tax information.' And if they don't disclose that much, why is he fighting so mightily to keep from releasing them?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Trump has pretty much said that the main reason he hasn't released his Tax returns is because the Democrats want them so badly. He figures they will eventually find a way to get them but until then he will keep not releasing them. I saw a clip of him saying basically that last week on TV but I can't find it online.
          And if Trump says it, that's good enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            He knows that even though there is nothing there, they will find a way to twist something and call him a crook, fraud or racist.
            It's been pretty well documented that he is a fraud and a crook, based on the financial records of his sister, a federal Judge, which are public record. And the racist part, well, there's the long-standing recurrent pattern throughout his entire adult life, if that's what you mean...
            Last edited by Jim B.; 08-01-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
              It's been pretty well documented that he is a fraud and a crook, based on the financial records of his sister, a federal Judge, which are public record. And the racist part, well, there's the long-standing recurrent pattern throughout his entire adult life, if that's what you mean...
              You do realize that's a blatant falsehood. If it were in fact 'well documented' then there would be no issue with prosecution, indictment or impeachment. None of which have - or are likely to - occurred.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                ...why is he fighting so mightily to keep from releasing them?
                Because it drives liberals nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Actually they want all presidential candidates to release their tax returns. Do you have a problem with that, or are you just concerned with protecting the treasonous crook you helped to put in the White House, Moscow-poke!

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Actually they want all presidential candidates to release their tax returns. Do you have a problem with that, or are you just concerned with protecting the treasonous crook you helped to put in the White House, Moscowpoke!
                    I liked this one--nice job.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      I liked this one--nice job.
                      Yeah, that was actually clever. Did Jimmy hire a ghostwriter?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        YAY!!!

Jim
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

California passing a law forcing candidates to release their private tax information is a violation of the 4th amendment and 26 USC 6103 and will be struck down.

They tried it two years ago and Governor Brown vetoed it because it was unconstitutional. Newsom doesn't seem to have the sense that Brown did.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Actually they want all presidential candidates to release their tax returns. Do you have a problem with that, or are you just concerned with protecting the treasonous crook you helped to put in the White House, Moscow-poke!
                            In solidarity with Mocow-poke, I'd like you to refer to me as "One Vlad Pig".

Thanks.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              In solidarity with Mocow-poke, I'd like you to refer to me as "One Vlad Pig".

Thanks.
                              If my older little twin brother from another mother is Rooskie then I'm comrade roganov

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

From henceforth I wish-...I mean, we wish to be known as ChrawnUSSR.

Comment