Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    *emphasis mine

It will be interesting to see if Mueller's lackluster performance, and the Democrats' crazy response, moves the needle one way or the other.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Support for Impeachment Grows

They had to combine censure and impeachment to get 'a slim majority'. Actual support for impeachment: 22%

Can we say 'partisan'?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It will be interesting to see if Mueller's lackluster performance, and the Democrats' crazy response, moves the needle one way or the other.
        In reality, these polls are likely skewed to heck and gone - how would you weight that thing? And yes, looking at the sample size it has to be weighted.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

"Intent" is one of the most difficult things to prove, and that was EGGZackly the excuse Comey gave not to prosecute Hillary --- she did really dumb illegal stuff, but they couldn't find "intent".
          Except in her case, "intent" was irrelevant to the applicable statute. So he also changed the wording from "gross negligence" to something else that by any rational standard meant exactly the same thing, but in his mind justified letting her off the hook.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
            Except in her case, "intent" was irrelevant to the applicable statute. So he also changed the wording from "gross negligence" to something else that by any rational standard meant exactly the same thing, but in his mind justified letting her off the hook.
            EGGzackly, I almost included that, but figured some brilliant young whippersnapper would come along and add that critical detail!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When Alan Dershowitz is saying give it up, it's time to quit. There aren't any legal experts really backing this nonsense.

I must quibble slightly here. Dersh has been saying "Give it up" for quite a while. Other legal experts -- Turley, e.g. -- basically agree, but find it a much closer call.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

I must quibble slightly here. Dersh has been saying "Give it up" for quite a while. Other legal experts -- Turley, e.g. -- basically agree, but find it a much closer call.
                Yeah, I can see that - but politically, it's insanity and legally, I think that train missed the stop.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Interesting .... a poll shows that a majority want Trump impeached... Not this was taken BEFORE Mueller's lackluster performance, but...

Buried Bombshell: Fox News Poll Shows Only 45 Percent of Americans Oppose Impeachment
                  By Tommy ChristopherJul 27th, 2019, 10:23 am
                  1025 Comments
                  submit to reddit

As Democrats inch slightly closer to impeaching President Donald Trump, a new Fox News poll shows that Americans who impose impeachment are distinctly in the minority. ...
                  Well yeah, those who would "impose" impeachment -- currently about 100 out of 435 in the House -- is certainly "distinctly in the minority" compared to about 250 million adult Americans.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

*emphasis mine

I didn't even make it that far before making my own mocking reply!

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Y'know, were I to be polled -- and I will try to ignore how painful that sounds -- I think I would say, "Yes! Impeach!!! Bring it on!!!"

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Y'know, were I to be polled -- and I will try to ignore how painful that sounds -- I think I would say, "Yes! Impeach!!! Bring it on!!!"
                        Well, your wish has been granted, the House is basically in impeachment mode right now, and have been for some time now actually. They're just not calling it that yet.

Comment

Y'know, were I to be polled -- and I will try to ignore how painful that sounds -- I think I would say, "Yes! Impeach!!! Bring it on!!!"
                          I would hope there would be an option that said "I really don't care".

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Well, your wish has been granted, the House is basically in impeachment mode right now, and have been for some time now actually. They're just not calling it that yet.
                            Nancy is allowing extremely low information liberals to believe it's an option, but it's only a bargaining chip that she's going to hang onto for leverage.

But, remember, Jimmy.... click your heels together three times while repeating the I word...

Comment

In reality, these polls are likely skewed to heck and gone - how would you weight that thing? And yes, looking at the sample size it has to be weighted.
                              Politico says No impeachment bump after Mueller's testimony - 1 day ago.

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting to the 'just do SOMETHING already' stage...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment