Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Like I said - weighting a poll on something as unusual as impeachment is just asking to skew the thing while you're trying not to. The sample sizes are too small for a real poll that might tell us something. They're basically doing Survey Monkey on steroids and hoping for the best...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well, your wish has been granted, the House is basically in impeachment mode right now, and have been for some time now actually. They're just not calling it that yet.
      Only if Pelosi is really losing control - she's not stupid enough. But, on the bright side, 2020 should be LOTS of fun... for the Republicans!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Support for Impeachment Grows

They had to combine censure and impeachment to get 'a slim majority'. Actual support for impeachment: 22%

Can we say 'partisan'?
        Or fake news

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Only if Pelosi is really losing control - she's not stupid enough. But, on the bright side, 2020 should be LOTS of fun... for the Republicans!
          They're doing it right now, Tea. They, the democrat House, are demanding the underlying evidence and grand jury testimony, the unredacted report, which they can only get under an impeachment inquiry. True, they are doing and end run around Pelosi's stance, although I doubt she is very much against the idea herself. Anything to hasten the release of the evidence. I just wonder what all you Trump supporters and defenders are so worried about. Don't like transparency all of a sudden?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Or fake news
            But you love fake news rogue, you're a big fan of Trump speak and FOX News, the two biggest peddlers of lies/fake news out there.

Comment

I couldn't care what your definition of treason is you anti-democracy pinko commie, you. When you support a president, and a Senate Majority leader, Moscow Mitch...
              I was mildly curious from whence you got this "Moscow Mitch" crap you are brainlessly parroting, and I happened upon this article this morning...

Not that this will keep you from continuing to spew forth your idiocy over and over again, but others might be interested in the truth.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was mildly curious from whence you got this "Moscow Mitch" crap you are brainlessly parroting, and I happened upon this article this morning...

Not that this will keep you from continuing to spew forth your idiocy over and over again, but others might be interested in the truth.
                Read the last sentence, CP. "Still, additional efforts are warranted, and some of those efforts could require legislation." Upgrading voting systems and requiring paper ballots would be a pretty good place to start, don't you think? And Btw, Moscow Mitch aquired that name, not only because of his aiding the Russians to influence this upcoming election, it's also because of his threat to accuse the Obama administration of raising the issue for partisan reasons in 2016.

Comment

Read the last sentence, CP. ....
                  Actually, if you weren't such a lazy goofus, you would realize that's NOT the last sentence in the article... I indicated that with the "..." at the bottom of the cited material.

But, like I said, this will not keep you from continuing to spew forth your idiocy over and over again. You're special that way.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke
                    Actually, if you weren't such a lazy goofus, you would realize that's NOT the last sentence in the article....

But, like I said, this will keep you from continuing to spew forth your idiocy over and over again. You're special that way.
                    Except for the fact, that those bills were that! Upgrading voting systems and requiring paper ballots is exactly what is needed.

Comment

Except for the fact, that those bills were that! Upgrading voting systems and requiring paper ballots is exactly what is needed.
                      Keep repeating that to yourself, Jimmy - I really didn't expect you to understand the article. It was written for adults.

Comment

Keep repeating that to yourself, Jimmy - I really didn't expect you to understand the article. It was written for adults.
                        Ok, I repeat, upgrading voting systems and requiring paper ballots is exactly what is needed. Moscow Mitch blocked that from even coming to the floor for a vote.

Comment

Ok, I repeat, upgrading voting systems and requiring paper ballots is exactly what is needed. Moscow Mitch blocked that from even coming to the floor for a vote.
                          bold emphasis mine.
                          sorry JimL how and what the States use to do their balloting for elections is not up to the federal government it was not given to the federal government to decide how it is balloting for elections are handled and per the 10th amendment that bill was Unconstitutional

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Comment

Your inability to understand the reasoning behind that is quite obvious. RAGE ON, Parrot boy!

Comment

They're doing it right now, Tea. They, the democrat House, are demanding the underlying evidence and grand jury testimony, the unredacted report, which they can only get under an impeachment inquiry. True, they are doing and end run around Pelosi's stance, although I doubt she is very much against the idea herself. Anything to hasten the release of the evidence. I just wonder what all you Trump supporters and defenders are so worried about. Don't like transparency all of a sudden?
                              Yeah, you forget - I'm reading the stupid thing. Hoping for a bombshell in those tiny redactions is pure fantasy.

The Denocrats can self destruct if they want to - they just can't say they weren't warned.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Read the last sentence, CP. "Still, additional efforts are warranted, and some of those efforts could require legislation." Upgrading voting systems and requiring paper ballots would be a pretty good place to start, don't you think? And Btw, Moscow Mitch aquired that name, not only because of his aiding the Russians to influence this upcoming election, it's also because of his threat to accuse the Obama administration of raising the issue for partisan reasons in 2016.
                                You do realize, the Democrats were all for electronic ballots originally...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment