Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, why can't the Democrats use that as their roadmap for impeachment? Why are they now insisting on all of the source material?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Firing Mueller would not have ended the investigation, it would only have removed the head who Trump perceived to be biased and acting unfairly and improperly.
      It's the intent that matters. Mens rea.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
        Ad hominem.
        You're being silly.

Mueller is a lifelong republican who approved every member of his team.
        So?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, why can't the Democrats use that as their roadmap for impeachment? Why are they now insisting on all of the source material?
          Impeachment is a political process. They have to get enough of the public on board. The public isn't there yet. it may never be.

Comment

Impeachment is a political process.
            As I have pointed out repeatedly.

They have to get enough of the public on board. The public isn't there yet. it may never be.
            Not the way they're going about it.

"Mueller is our man - HE is going to bring the President down, you just wait!!!!!"

"OK, maybe Mueller can't do this - WE will take over and WE will bring down the President".

Yeah, I think Trump can hardly wait for them to start impeachment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              So it's the "We know Trump is guilty! We just have to keep digging until we find some evidence!" mantra.
              No, MM. I was answering your own question, which was this:

Right... isn't that what Mueller's investigation, report, and public hearing was supposed to accomplish? What makes them think that a nothing-burger impeachment inquiry is somehow going to be different?
              Hope this helps!

Comment

No, MM. I was answering your own question, which was this:

Hope this helps!
                I like the "The scope of Mueller's investigation was too narrow" narrative. That one always makes me laugh.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He directed Don McGahn to fire Mueller. That's obstruction of justice.
                  Nope. He was well within his legal right to do so. The price he would have paid would have been political not legal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I like the "The scope of Mueller's investigation was too narrow" narrative. That one always makes me laugh.
                    There were effectively the barest of parameters.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

True that the left is not innocent of "might makes right" but man, lately, iin that arena, it's been like a sand lot baseball team against the NY Yankees.

Trump isn't especially ideological, or wasn't, except for this ethno-nationalism which he's latched onto in the last 20 years or so and with a vengeance since Obama's election (Hmmm....wonder why?) He was kind of a moderate Dem who didn't particularly like black folks until he became friends with Ailes and started mainlining Fox News.

The anti fa is kind of a joke, like the "Black Panthers" (two guys in Philly), Boogy Men to make the right afraid. It's a bunch of skinny hippies with black bandanas around their faces.
                      Your whitewash is impressive.
                      The real threat are the people actually committing the violence like in Pittsburgh
                      one guy
                      , Charlottesville
                      as I recall, both sides where looking to inflict violence.

Also, one guy in a car
                      , the mail bomber,s
                      One guy, whose bombs were so cartoonish it's debatable if he was actually trying to blow things up
                      , KKK, Aryan nation, etc.
                      Those tend to march about defiantly, but I'm not recalling any specific acts of violence, or even destruction of property.
                      Those aren't Antifa.
                      No, Willem was Antifa. The thugs who beat up the conservative reporter recently were antifa. When a protest causes plenty of property damage, again - antifa.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Comment

Ad hominem. Mueller is a lifelong republican who approved every member of his team.
                          Mueller is a Never Trumper many of which can give Mad Maxine Waters a run for her money for hatred of him.

Among the members are Andrew Weissmann, who the New York Times
                          Last edited by rogue06; 07-26-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            The problem is that it's nearly impossible to prove an actual effect - were voters actually influenced to change their voter behavior? Because of the insular way we tend to use social media (looking at things that we already agree with) it's not at all clear that there was any effect at all. People already set to vote a given way being more likely to click on things that might influence them to vote that way - at best, it might make them more likely to vote (which should have benefited the democrats) and at worse, just inflamed already irate people. Centrists and Conservatives have a tendency to investigate media they don't necessarily agree with where Liberals tend to only stay in agreement territory - making it even less likely to have swayed any votes away from Clinton, assuming there was any effect at all, which we can't demonstrate.

Trump as a Manchurian style candidate is laughable. Clinton didn't need help losing - her campaign was insanely over confident. The mainstream media inadvertently did far more damage to Clinton (hint: do NOT make the lack luster Democrat the front runner if you can possibly help it - it dampens turnout and Democrats live or die on turnout) than they did Trump - and they seemed determined to damage Trump! The Russians couldn't have done more damage to Clinton's campaign unless she let them run it. Actually, given the way it was run, she might have been better off if they had.

In short, where's the beef?
                            Whatever happened, happened, What is being done now that we know Russia has the ability to interfere in a much bigger way now than even they could or did in 2016? Nothing on a federal level, that's what, in fact the President actually invited it. Moscow Mitch is now aiding and abetting a foriegn adversaries attack on the U.S. by refusing to even bring two bills to combat election interference to the Senate floor for a vote. This is actually unbelievable that he would openly do this and think the american people will stand for it. Some of you here will stand for it, no doubt. We will see now if the public pressure to bring those bills to the floor for a vote will force Moscow Mitch's treasonous hand, or just how brain dead the republican constituency is.

Comment

No answer? Didn't think so. I wouldn't want to answer either if I were you.

Do you recall the reaction to Obama's election?
                              I answered - your inability to understand is your own problem.

Yup, I remember - Obama got (and wasted) his honeymoon whereas there were calls for impeachment before Trump even took office.
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Whatever happened, happened, What is being done now that we know Russia has the ability to interfere in a much bigger way now than even they could or did in 2016? Nothing on a federal level, that's what, in fact the President actually invited it. Moscow Mitch is now aiding and abetting a foriegn adversaries attack on the U.S. by refusing to even bring two bills to combat election interference to the Senate floor for a vote. This is actually unbelievable that he would openly do this and think the american people will stand for it. Some of you here will stand for it, no doubt. We will see now if the public pressure to bring those bills to the floor for a vote will force Moscow Mitch's treasonous hand, or just how brain dead the republican constituency is.
                                Okay, which bills? I'll look them up - I just need the names.
                                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment