Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As I'm reading an article claiming that Mueller appears "dazed and confused", Mueller interrupts Ms. Sanlon and says, "I'm sorry, I, uh.. could you start again, please?"
    Gosh, sounds like me in a conference call.

"I'm sorry, can you say which project you're talking about again?"
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

As I'm reading an article claiming that Mueller appears "dazed and confused", Mueller interrupts Ms. Sanlon and says, "I'm sorry, I, uh.. could you start again, please?"
      To be fair the run-on, compound, leading questions he is being asked are hard to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        To be fair the run-on, compound, leading questions he is being asked are hard to follow.
        Steube is asking some pretty clear yes or no questions, and Mueller keeps saying he won't speak any more to those things, even though Steube is referring directly to matters in the report.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Steube is asking some pretty clear yes or no questions, and Mueller keeps saying he won't speak any more to those things, even though Steube is referring directly to matters in the report.
          Yeah, I just started it there and it was basically just Mueller saying, "No, I won't speak to that" repeatedly.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

And this is the guy who was sold to us as a rockstar prosecutor at the top of his game who was going to bring down a sitting president. Everything I'm reading suggests that he's barely even aware of what's in his own report.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yeah I noticed that. That seems to be his go to "answer" -- "I am not going to speak on that" - I wonder how much of that means "I have no idea"?

Comment

• Oh.... Prosecutors contributed to Clinton DURING the investigation?!?!?!?!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• So, both sides are spewing forth their own "points", and Mueller basically says "I'm not going to talk about that". Pretty much leaves the audience to conclude (or not) that Mueller agrees (or disagrees) with what they said.

This appears to be a huge waste of time, except to show Mueller as a confused and uncooperative old man.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• He seemed like a very nice, well dressed nursing home patient.

Comment

So, both sides are spewing forth their own "points", and Mueller basically says "I'm not going to talk about that". Pretty much leaves the audience to conclude (or not) that Mueller agrees (or disagrees) with what they said.

This appears to be a huge waste of time, except to show Mueller as a confused and uncooperative old man.
                      Yeah they are mostly speechifying and then saying "correct?" and he goes "I am not going to speak about that"

Comment

• If they actually impeach, Mueller's career is over. He got away with not answering Congress - he can't do that in a trial.

It may be over anyway - this wasn't a good day for him.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Yeah they are mostly speechifying and then saying "correct?" and he goes "I am not going to speak about that"
                          Yeah, you can 'testify' that way in Congress - but not at trial.

This thing was really, really bad.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Yeah, you can 'testify' that way in Congress - but not at trial.

This thing was really, really bad.
                            Yeah, at a trial, the judge (or opposing counsel) would interrupt "is there a question in there?"

Comment

• Then there's this...

I'd love to hear what the Democrats are saying to each other in private. Probably something along the lines of "Who's stupid idea was it to have Mueller testify!"
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Then there's this...

I'd love to hear what the Democrats are saying to each other in private. Probably something along the lines of "Who's stupid idea was it to have Mueller testify!"
                                I think the Democrats will spin this, with the aid of the MSM, as a total victory, and vindication for proceeding to impeachment.

Comment