Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Tech Titans Have Turned on Biden.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tech Titans Have Turned on Biden.

First of all, my apologies if the title of the thread triggers liberals - that is not my intent.
    I simply saw an article and thought it was interesting.

If you wish to pitch a wall-eyed hissy fit, the Loony Bin would be an appropriate place for that.

The Tech Titans Have Turned on Biden.

Silicon Valley investors have shifted their support away from Joe Biden, citing dissatisfaction with his economic policies. Keith Rabois, a key figure in the early days of PayPal, expressed his views openly. “It’s impossible to support Biden,” he said, though he clarified he is not a Donald Trump enthusiast. Rabois intends to help elect a Republican-controlled House and Senate.

Other notable tech moguls, including David Sacks, Chamath Palihapitiya, Marc Andreessen, and Shaun Maguire, also voiced their concerns about Biden’s proposals. The Biden regime has proposed a 25 percent “billionaire tax” and has implemented several antitrust crackdowns through the Democrat-majority Federal Trade Commission (FTC). For these tech leaders, the policies are seen as restrictive and counterproductive to growth.

Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Chairman Gary Gensler’s regulatory measures have also met resistance from these executives. Marc Andreessen, co-founder of venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, pointed out “real issues” with the Biden regime. He suggested that a second Trump administration would bring a different approach to leadership at the SEC and FTC.

David Sacks, a former chief operating officer of PayPal, announced plans to host a fundraiser for Trump and interview him on his podcast. Sacks emphasized his disagreements with Biden, particularly around the president’s tax policies targeting startup founders. “It’s a good reason for Silicon Valley to think really hard about who it wants to vote for,” Sacks remarked. He recently attended an anti-Biden dinner with Elon Musk and Peter Thiel.

Chamath Palihapitiya, founder of Social Capital, echoed these sentiments and plans to co-host a fundraiser with Sacks. Delian Asparouhov, an investor at Thiel’s Founders Fund, noted the change in sentiment compared to four years ago when supporting Trump necessitated an apology.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Preparing for old Joe to start targeting tech industries any moment now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well since the Democrats have made it clear that they want to "Eat the Rich" and make them "Pay their fair share" and so on, why on earth would a billionaire or any businessman support Biden? The DNC has made them their targets and enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Well since the Democrats have made it clear that they want to "Eat the Rich" and make them "Pay their fair share" and so on, why on earth would a billionaire or any businessman support Biden? The DNC has made them their targets and enemy.
        It's kinda like... "YES, TAX THE RICH -- oh, wait.... you mean ME TOO?????"
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's kinda like... "YES, TAX THE RICH -- oh, wait.... you mean ME TOO?????"
          When old Joe told us that it's our patriotic duty to pay higher taxes he meant it was the duty for everyone else.

Hunter Biden indicted on 9 tax charges as special counsel investigation continues

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment