Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump the Autocrat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    How stupid do you think Pelosi is? She is not gonna let this nonsense take her party down. Yeah, it's either over or the Democrat Party is about to destroy itself.
    Wishful thinking on your part T. The swamp is being exposed. The Trump administration is full of crooks and traitors, many of which are either in jail or have been, after public outcry, ousted from their positions for unethical behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      You seen unaware that Mueller asked Barr to write a letter of guidelines and even told him what he wanted it to say.
      So what, I never said otherwise, I only pointed out the restraints he was under which are being ignored by the conservative spin doctors. It also doe4sn't matter, all you need do is focus on the substance of his testimony. Substance doesn't seem to be a thing conservatives have much interest in.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Wishful thinking on your part T. The swamp is being exposed. The Trump administration is full of crooks and traitors, many of which are either in jail or have been, after public outcry, ousted from their positions for unethical behavior.
        Jim, you're wrong - yesterday was a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if several of those cases aren't lost in large part to the glaring partisanship on Mueller's team. The Democrats lost big time yesterday - all that waits now is to see how much damage was done.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Refusing to answer over one hundred times and basically agreeing as others read the report into evidence is not 'substance'. We learned nothing new (which is good for Mueller) and he walked back the only really good soundbite of the day.
          Sorry if this has been gone over already, but what are you referring to here?
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            Sorry if this has been gone over already, but what are you referring to here?
            That the DOJ regulations were the only thing in the way of an indictment.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

• Got it, thank you.

Comment

Jim, you're wrong - yesterday was a disaster. I wouldn't be surprised if several of those cases aren't lost in large part to the glaring partisanship on Mueller's team. The Democrats lost big time yesterday - all that waits now is to see how much damage was done.
                Well, i realize that that is the partisan conservative perspective, a perspective which doesn't focus on the facts, the substance of what Mueller actually did say and I know that those of you who still hold to that perspective after hearing that testimony aren't intersted in facts, and aren't going to change their minds regardless of them, so we will just have to wait and see where this goes from here. I don't think you will be very happy with what I believe will be the outcome, though you should be if you care about democracy and your country.

Comment

Well, i realize that that is the partisan conservative perspective, a perspective which doesn't focus on the facts, the substance of what Mueller actually did say and I know that those of you who still hold to that perspective after hearing that testimony aren't intersted in facts, and aren't going to change their minds regardless of them, so we will just have to wait and see where this goes from here. I don't think you will be very happy with what I believe will be the outcome, though you should be if you care about democracy and your country.
                  The facts, Muller and his team walked all over justice and the rule of law by inventing a legal theory in which Trump is guilty till proven innocent.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    So what, I never said otherwise, I only pointed out the restraints he was under which are being ignored by the conservative spin doctors. It also doe4sn't matter, all you need do is focus on the substance of his testimony. Substance doesn't seem to be a thing conservatives have much interest in.
                    He explicitly asked for those restraints, you dope.

And "substance"? Yes/no answers to leading questions? Refusing to answer other relevant questions? A general air of confusion about what his own report actually said?

Yeah, "substance".
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Jim, the facts don't support this. Mueller had a Clinton supporter - actually, more than one - on the investigative team. Bad optics nothing - it's blatantly unethical. If the report were sufficient the Democrats wouldn't have forced Mueller to testify - but they did. Mueller didn't give them anything useful - and a reading of the report isn't compelling.

You can believe what you want but Trump isn't the end of democracy as we know it and he's not bad for this country. Two years of fruitless investigation and partisan power plays don't change that.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

He seemed pretty unaware or confused about what was in "his own" report, so that many are saying he certainly didn't write it (which would be totally normal) but may not have even read it. Or, perhaps, is having memory problems.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, let me reiterate -- I don't think anybody was calling Mueller "an old fool" or anything of the sort. One of the Democrat talking heads said, "and let me put this delicately, this is not the Bob Mueller I know"....

The implication, I think, is that Mueller is struggling with memory or perception issues, possibly dementia or Alzheimer. It is unkind to think or imply that somebody suffering mental issues is, therefore, "a fool".
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            So, let me reiterate -- I don't think anybody was calling Mueller "an old fool" or anything of the sort. One of the Democrat talking heads said, "and let me put this delicately, this is not the Bob Mueller I know"....

The implication, I think, is that Mueller is struggling with memory or perception issues, possibly dementia or Alzheimer. It is unkind to think or imply that somebody suffering mental issues is, therefore, "a fool".
                            Yeah, I've not seen anybody on the left or right suggest he was a fool, just that he seemed confused and not in full possession of his faculties. This is in sharp contrast to the man with a razor sharp legal mind and laser like focus we were sold for the past two years.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He seemed pretty unaware or confused about what was in "his own" report, so that many are saying he certainly didn't write it (which would be totally normal) but may not have even read it. Or, perhaps, is having memory problems.
                              Perhaps, but that doesn't change the facts of what is in the report itself, and what is in the report, which Mueller affirmed, is that the President is guilty of much obstruction, witness tampering, etc. and that itself points to the conspiracy that also was made clear. For instance, P. Manafort exchanging polling and targeting data to the Russians is an obvious act of conspiracy with a foriegn adversary to influence the democratic electoral process.
                              Last edited by JimL; 07-25-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

So, let me reiterate -- I don't think anybody was calling Mueller "an old fool" or anything of the sort. One of the Democrat talking heads said, "and let me put this delicately, this is not the Bob Mueller I know"....

What if the Russians drugged him somehow?

Comment