Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CNN Ratings Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Are you advocating the ambassador lie to his government to cover up the truth to keep 'relations' superficially chummy?
    No. I was merely commenting on YOUR comment that the ambassador did noting to cause the relations to suffer. He did. You believe it was justified, but regardless it does cause the relations to suffer IF the UK takes him seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      If they believe the US is inept then they will not want to deal with the US or trust it. That means the relations will suffer. This isn't rocket science, Jim. How do you have a better relationship with someone you don't respect or believe is inept? Do you have a better or worse relationship with Mountain Man now that you know he is a rabid Trump supporter?
      Supporter, yes. Rabid, no.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        In Jim's world, rabid. That's Sparko's point.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Drooling at the mouth rabid!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Drooling at the mouth rabid!
            Hey now, drooling is not only a symptom of rabidity. Maybe I just I have over active saliva glands!
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Hey now, drooling is not only a symptom of rabidity. Maybe I just I have over active saliva glands!
              sure, sure. I bet you say that to all the Trumps.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                In Jim's world, rabid. That's Sparko's point.
                Youll notice i removed the word 'rabid' in my comments. So its all sparko

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  The ambassador, not the President, caused an international incident. Looking at the facts, who's actually inept? The ambassador.
                  The leak caused the incident, as would any leaks of the private comments of most world leaders or diplomats on some of the people they interface with.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Youll notice i removed the word 'rabid' in my comments. So its all sparko

Jim
                    sure, sure, blame me. I see you and MM as two sides to the same coin.

Comment

Definitely not rabid - I can certify hr's had his shots!

(Could NOT resist! )
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The leak caused the incident, as would any leaks of the private comments of most world leaders or diplomats on some of the people they interface with.

Jim
                        No, the report caused the incident - had it been worded better there wouldn't have been much, if any, blow back.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

No, the report caused the incident - had it been worded better there wouldn't have been much, if any, blow back.
                          On that we'll just have to disagree. Any honest assessment of Trump's competence on the world stage would have had the same effect.

Jim

Comment

On that we'll just have to disagree. Any honest assessment of Trump's competence on the world stage would have had the same effect.

Jim
                            Just so we're clear, an assessment that differs from your own is not inherently dishonest. Also, weren't you agreeing with Zara's 'relying on experts' argument? One of us has a Master's in Political Science and I'm pretty sure it isn't you.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

• Whatever it was intended to be, it's public now and has caused a whole lot of offense. Had it been worded better, it wouldn't have caused nearly as much trouble. Nope, the report itself is the source of the offense.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment