Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Voting "No" Against Trump's Opponent Getting Easier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voting "No" Against Trump's Opponent Getting Easier?

Many of us voted "for" Trump because it was the only way to stop Hillary and the Democrat's fascination with the culture of death. We, of course, have been branded "Trump Supporters" in return, but that's OK because it gives small minds something to rant about.

In the upcoming election, however, are the Democrats making it even EASIER to hold your nose and vote "for" Trump as the only means of standing up to the Democrat's obsession with the culture of death?

Are Democrats choosing to lose?

As thread starter, I'm making no prohibition against Trump Haters who want to play the "You're Trump Supporters" game. (It reveals a lot about who they are)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Even with 20+ candidates running, nearly all of them are trying to outdo each other trying to race the furthest to the left. Biden is essentially the exception but among his baggage are several things that the Trump haters accuse Trump of.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Even with 20+ candidates running, nearly all of them are trying to outdo each other trying to race the furthest to the left. Biden is essentially the exception but among his baggage are several things that the Trump haters accuse Trump of.
      It will definitely be interesting, as 3 forecast modelers are predicting Trump will win in 2020.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Of course most of those guys were giving Trump little better than a snowball's chance in h... er, a blast furnace to win in 2016.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What happened to the moderate Democrats in office? Most democrats I know in real life are moderate, yet it seems all of the officials have gone wacky far left, trying to pander to the California millennials and ignoring the rest of their constituents.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            What happened to the moderate Democrats in office? Most democrats I know in real life are moderate, yet it seems all of the officials have gone wacky far left, trying to pander to the California millennials and ignoring the rest of their constituents.
            We've always known that, in the primary you run to the outside, but in the general you run to the middle. I think these guys are running so FAR left, they can't even see the middle anymore. And, yes, the Democrats I know are just shaking their heads in disbelief.

Comment

If you're pro-life, it seems the Dems aren't for you - though hasn't this been the case for a long while now? As far as I can see from across the pond the recent 'surge' in pro-choice support is largely due to laws currently being passed like those in Alabama and the aim to get SCOTUS to overturn RvW.

Naturally, that is why many chose to vote Trump in - for the SCOTUS seat(s) for exactly this purpose- but it can't come as a surprise to anyone here that the planned attacks on this particular ruling has resulted in a push back?

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                If you're pro-life, it seems the Dems aren't for you - though hasn't this been the case for a long while now? As far as I can see from across the pond the recent 'surge' in pro-choice support is largely due to laws currently being passed like those in Alabama and the aim to get SCOTUS to overturn RvW.
                In the past, it was fairly easy for somebody to be a Democrat and pro-life. That's almost non-existent in Democrat leadership these days. It's getting harder and harder to "hold your nose and vote Democrat" if you are pro-life, because they are so aggressively going after ZERO LIMITS on abortion.

Naturally, that is why many chose to vote Trump in - for the SCOTUS seat(s) for exactly this purpose- but it can't come as a surprise to anyone here that the planned attacks on this particular ruling has resulted in a push back?
                I think that's the point -- the 'middle ground' is all but totally gone. You don't even hear "abortions should be safe, legal and rare" anymore.

Comment

All the Democrats I know seem like decent, moderate people, but I never see them pushing back against the radical leftwing agenda of their elected leaders.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    All the Democrats I know seem like decent, moderate people, but I never see them pushing back against the radical leftwing agenda of their elected leaders.
                    I keep thinking there will be a grassroots uprising against their party elite, but I don't even see any hint of it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

It seems the democrats are actively driving away any prolife members.

Democratic leaders are "completely wrong" in their attempts to purge members opposed to abortion from the party, a pro-life Democratic leader told Fox News.

Kristen Day, executive director of Democrats for Life of America, told "Fox & Friends" Monday that Democratic lawmakers like Rep. Pramila Jayapal, a Washington congresswoman who suggested the Democratic Party should not fund candidates who are pro-life, are hurting the party.

"Democrats have, historically, tried to protect the underdog, those who need assistance, the vulnerable," Day said. "And again, we hear this over and over again, but who is more vulnerable than an infant in the womb? That baby is so worthy of protection and protection of the Democratic Party, and she's absolutely wrong on that front."

Day's comments come as the co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus called for "strong primary challenges" against pro-life Democrats, telling reporters: "You can't say you're a Democrat...if you're against abortion."
                      https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abo...pro-life-party

Comment

It seems the democrats are actively driving away any prolife members.

Democratic leaders are "completely wrong" in their attempts to purge members opposed to abortion from the party, a pro-life Democratic leader told Fox News.

Kristen Day, executive director of Democrats for Life of America, told "Fox & Friends" Monday that Democratic lawmakers like Rep. Pramila Jayapal, a Washington congresswoman who suggested the Democratic Party should not fund candidates who are pro-life, are hurting the party.

"Democrats have, historically, tried to protect the underdog, those who need assistance, the vulnerable," Day said. "And again, we hear this over and over again, but who is more vulnerable than an infant in the womb? That baby is so worthy of protection and protection of the Democratic Party, and she's absolutely wrong on that front."

Day's comments come as the co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus called for "strong primary challenges" against pro-life Democrats, telling reporters: "You can't say you're a Democrat...if you're against abortion."
                        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abo...pro-life-party
                        So much for the "big tent".

Comment

Ah, there IS a "big tent" movement within the Democrat Party - Support the Big Tent!

OPPORTUNITIES TO INCLUDE PRO-LIFE DEMOCRATS AND REINVIGORATE THE PARTY:

STEPS THE DNC CAN TAKE TO INCLUDE PRO-LIFE DEMOCRATS

Clear Statement from the Party Chair with Inclusive Language for Pro-Life Democrats

We request a clear statement from our party chair that eliminates the current litmus test on abortion. Saying we are a big tent party that includes pro-life Democrats does not do enough to ensure that this practice will be followed. Pro-life Democratic candidates should be free to advocate and vote their conscience without pressure from party leadership. Therefore, we request a public statement on the Democratic National Committee (DNC) website and a letter from the national chair to all state and local party chairs explaining that the party does not support an abortion litmus test and pressuring people to change their position on life.

Comment

They need to split into two parties. The Democrats and the Radicals.

Comment

They need to split into two parties. The Democrats and the Radicals.
                              Sadly, there are a number of Republicans who would also be right at home in a "Radical" party.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment