Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The funny thing is, Mueller's press conference didn't say anything that wasn't in his report, so Democrats acting like he made some grand, never-before-heard revelation are delusional.
    It's funny, because they focus on his demeanor and tone of voice when talking about the "we couldn't say he didn't commit a crime" stuff -- that this was Mueller shouting to the House to begin impeachment immediately!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      It is odd, he's stated that if Trump were innocent of obstruction of justice, they'd say so in the report...
      Which turns our legal system on its head by implying that a defendant is presumed guilty until the prosecutor gives him the "all clear".

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
      ...however it's policy (though not actually tested constitutionally apparently) that they can't bring any charges as only Congress can impeach.
      Even with that restriction, Mueller could still have stated plainly that there was evidence that the President broke the law. In Ken Starr's report on President Bill Clinton, he stated multiple times that the president was guilty without tackling the issue of indictment, so precedent would have been on Mueller's side if that was the direction he chose to take.

But at the end of the day, Mueller failed to build a firm case against the President and declined to reach a conclusion about guilt. As Rudy Guilianni said, when a prosecutor declines to make a decision, that is the decision.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
        It is odd, he's stated that if Trump were innocent of obstruction of justice, they'd say so in the report, however it's policy (though not actually tested constitutionally apparently) that they can't bring any charges as only Congress can impeach. So he keeps on implying that Trump has done something wrong, but kicks it to Congress and at the same time does not wish to add anything other than what is in the report. So he says Trump isn't innocent of obstruction of justice, but at the same time won't offer any further support. Its a mess. Interesting, but a mess.

It's a great read from over here, takes my mind off our own problems
        As opposed to Comey who laid out a rock solid case of indictment of Hillary, then torpedoed it with "no reasonable prosecutor....".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...As Rudy Guilianni said, when a prosecutor declines to make a decision, that is the decision.
          Our DA frequently declares "NOT to decide is to decide!"

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            . The survey was conducted from April 17 to April 30, almost entirely following the public release of the Mueller report on April 18.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...of-46-percent/
            Obama had to deal with an economic collapse of historic proportions, Trump inherited Obama's recovery and is attempting to turn it on its head with his outlandish spending, trillion dollar tax cuts for the wealthy and ruinous trade wars. He has now subsidized the farmers of whom his trade war is bankrupting with 28 billion dollars. His approval rating is steady around 40% which includes his core supporters of whom not much will ever change their minds.

Comment

The funny thing is, Mueller's press conference didn't say anything that wasn't in his report, so Democrats acting like he made some grand, never-before-heard revelation are delusional.
              Mueller made clear that there was no hoax, that the Russians effort was to help Trump, that there was much evidence of obstruction by Trump, that he would have exonerated Trump if he could have, that he could not indict, and that he left it to Congress to impeach. Don't expect you to ever, ever, admit to that MM, but them's the fact thingies that you and CP are always waiting on. Or so you say!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                It's funny, because they focus on his demeanor and tone of voice when talking about the "we couldn't say he didn't commit a crime" stuff -- that this was Mueller shouting to the House to begin impeachment immediately!
                Still in denial I see, CP. When are you guys going to start thinking about your country rather than your allegiance to Tfrump?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Obama had to deal with an economic collapse of historic proportions, Trump inherited Obama's recovery and is attempting to turn it on its head with his outlandish spending, trillion dollar tax cuts for the wealthy and ruinous trade wars. He has now subsidized the farmers of whom his trade war is bankrupting with 28 billion dollars. His approval rating is steady around 40% which includes his core supporters of whom not much will ever change their minds.
                  Jimmy, I am SHOCKED!!!! Your spelling and grammar are unusually acceptable (for the most part) in this little screed. (Your uses of "of whom" are a little weak) From whence did thou copy this?

Comment

Still in denial I see, CP. When are you guys going to start thinking about your country rather than your allegiance to Tfrump?
                    When are you going to stop being a blithering idiot?

Comment

As opposed to Comey who laid out a rock solid case of indictment of Hillary, then torpedoed it with "no reasonable prosecutor....".
                      Interesting how you still want to rant about candidate Hillary's emails, but don't concern yourself with the possible treason and obstruction by the President of the U.S.

Comment

When are you going to stop being a blithering idiot?
                        You keep forgetting who the Trump supporter here is, CP.

Comment

Our DA frequently declares "NOT to decide is to decide!"
                          Mueller made it clear that he didn't indict, because it was both unconstitutional and a violation of DOJ policy. He also made it clear that this leaves only the Congress to decide.

Comment

Interesting how you still want to rant about candidate Hillary's emails, but don't concern yourself with the possible treason and obstruction by the President of the U.S.
                            Rant? I made the observation that Comey laid out a clear case for indictment - Mueller did not.

And I said nothing about Hillary's emails, JimmyPoo, and Mueller said nothing about treason --- that's just you getting your big liberal panties in a twist again.

Comment

Rant? I made the observation that Comey laid out a clear case for indictment - Mueller did not.
                              Doll face, you've been ranting about it for 2 years.
                              And I said nothing about Hillary's emails, JimmyPoo, and Mueller said nothing about treason --- that's just you getting your big liberal panties in a twist again.
                              I said possible treason, which, yes, I realize is not treason in the legal sense, but conspiring with a foriegn adversary is treason in my book. And obstruction, for which there is plenty of evidence, points to conspiracy.

Comment

Mueller made it clear that he didn't indict, because it was both unconstitutional and a violation of DOJ policy. He also made it clear that this leaves only the Congress to decide.
                                Starr named crimes Clinton committed. What listed crimes did Trump commit?
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment