Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Mueller Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    A typo, as opposed to rank illiteracy. Thanks for pointing that out, Jim.

With absolutely no bias, right? And "clear as a bell", yes?

Jimmy, honey, one doesn't "harp" about facts, one insists on them. And the FACT is that there was no collusion found, no indictment of Trump was issued, and the Democrats have pretty much abandoned "collusion" and moved on to "obstruction". Them are the Facts, JimmyPoo.
    So, I'll ask again then, do you see any of Trumps obstruction detailed in the Mueller report itself, or no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      False. Mueller's report said there was no collusion, and that neither the president nor anyone in his campaign committed any crimes. Therefore, Trump was innocent from the beginning, and his actions were those of an innocent man who knew he was falsely accused and had good reason to distrust the investigators.
      Listen mr. objective,it doesn't matter if an allegation is true or not, you don't get to obstruct an investigation just because you believe you are innocent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        So, I'll ask again then, do you see any of Trumps obstruction detailed in the Mueller report itself, or no?
        Why is it that you can ignore my questions, but you get really anal about trying to make me answer yours the way you want them answered, JimmyPoo?

But, because I'm not only educated better than you, but of much higher caliber than you, I'll bite.... I see Trump doing stupid things to ATTEMPT to influence the outcome of an investigation that he correctly believed to be a witch hunt from day one.

Now, how bout going back and answering my questions that you conveniently and cowardly ignored?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Listen mr. objective,it doesn't matter if an allegation is true or not,...
          You might as well just stop right there, Jimmy, because that's how you roll.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
            Listen mr. objective,it doesn't matter if an allegation is true or not, you don't get to obstruct an investigation just because you believe you are innocent.
            He didn't obstruct the investigation. Mueller said so himself: This investigation did not conclude that the President committed any crimes.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He didn't obstruct the investigation. Mueller said so himself: This investigation did not conclude that the President committed any crimes.
              Already explained that to you lamebrain. Mueller couldn't make that conclusion, because according to a 2000 law, he couldn't indict a sitting president and therefore said president would have no opportunity to defend himself and clear himself. What Mueller did was leave a mountain of evidence by which the appropriate party could decide, and the appropriate party is the elected members of Congress, not the unelected toadie of the president. The reason for that is also evident, made all the more clear by Atty Gen. Barr's lies which were exposed once the actual report was released. Barr said that the president was completely exonerated, that he gave total cooperation to the special prosecutor, and or ortherwise didn't try to obstruct in any way. All lies. So you are full of it, either naively or complicitly.

Comment

Why is it that you can ignore my questions,
                Which questions would those be CP?

but you get really anal about trying to make me answer yours the way you want them answered, JimmyPoo?
                No, I don't want you to answer to my satifaction, I just want you to answer the question asked rather than the question you wish I asked.
                But, because I'm not only educated better than you, but of much higher caliber than you,
                You may be educated, but you are obviously not of good character when you knowingly support and defend a criminal underminer of our government.

I'll bite.... I see Trump doing stupid things to ATTEMPT to influence the outcome of an investigation that he correctly believed to be a witch hunt from day one.
                It's called obstruction, CP. Can you say it? And it is against the law whether you, a former supposed law man, understand that or not. Witch Hunt, really. What happened to your "I waiting for those fact thingies"
                Now, how bout going back and answering my questions that you conveniently and cowardly ignored?
                Tell me which questions and, if I missed them, I'll be glad to answer them?

Comment

It wasn't even a revelation of Maxwell Smart style intrigue.

Um.... that's a bit of mischaracterization, Jim, which I honestly thought you were above. I just got done (in this thread or another, I get confused) stating that Trump acted like a crazy man and did a lot of stupid things.
                  If it wasn't this thread and was in a thread that I'm currently not tracking, how would I have seen that? And to be fair, if you've said it once amidst a myriad other posts that are more in line with what I've seen from BTC, rogue and MM, then I'm not sure how you could expect me to have noticed it unless I've been reading the entire thread end to end. MM especially is over the top in pretending Trump somehow did nothing at all as it relates to collusion or obstruction, and it could not be farther from the truth. How many criminals that have committed even murder go free for lack of evidence? The whole tone of this thread, given what is documented in that report, borders on the insane.

Perhaps you're having a senior moment and think you're arguing with MM. I'll gladly accept your apology. Meanwhile, please note that I am fully aware that the report reveals quite a bit about the nuttiness with which Trump runs his affairs.
                  Ah - good. Then I can offer you that apology I just hadn't seen anything from you prior in this thread that acknowledged that fact (but my reading of this thread has been very sporadic due to the above mentioned tone). And I will admit that when I see similar responses from a large number of people that I am not often as careful as I should be to make sure I recognize the differences that might exist.

One thing I can say - The man we see in that report is no more worthy of the presidency than Richard Nixon was. Perhaps less so, in that even Tricky Dick was unwilling to let his issues put this country through the divisive and polarizing event that is an impeachment, and so he resigned. In the end, he put country above self. Something Trump will never do. So when I see some, even many, acting like there are no real consequences, no real issues raised that are real problems - as I said above - it borders on the insane.

Have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday, Jim.
                  You too CP. He is Risen!

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Jimmy, is it possible you're related in some way to Hiroo Onoda?

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      If it wasn't this thread and was in a thread that I'm currently not tracking, how would I have seen that? And to be fair, if you've said it once amidst a myriad other posts that are more in line with what I've seen from BTC, rogue and MM, then I'm not sure how you could expect me to have noticed it unless I've been reading the entire thread end to end. MM especially is over the top in pretending Trump somehow did nothing at all as it relates to collusion or obstruction, and it could not be farther from the truth. How many criminals that have committed even murder go free for lack of evidence? The whole tone of this thread, given what is documented in that report, borders on the insane.
                      You're certainly welcome to your opinion.

Ah - good. Then I can offer you that apology
                      Accepted.

I just hadn't seen anything from you prior in this thread that acknowledged that fact (but my reading of this thread has been very sporadic due to the above mentioned tone). And I will admit that when I see similar responses from a large number of people that I am not often as careful as I should be to make sure I recognize the differences that might exist.
                      You're engaging in groupthink, Jim. And counter-groupthink, if there is such a thing. You seem to freely jump to conclusions that because somebody isn't maniacally or consistently bashing Trump, they must be defending him.

One thing I can say - The man we see in that report is no more worthy of the presidency than Richard Nixon was.
                      But that's another matter.

Perhaps less so, in that even Tricky Dick was unwilling to let his issues put this country through the divisive and polarizing event that is an impeachment, and so he resigned. In the end, he put country above self. Something Trump will never do. So when I see some, even many, acting like there are no real consequences, no real issues raised that are real problems - as I said above - it borders on the insane.
                      I'm not the enemy, Jim.

You too CP. He is Risen!

Jim
                      He is Risen Indeed!

Comment

Jimmy, is it possible you're related in some way to Hiroo Onoda?
                        Or Teruo Nakamura

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Or Teruo Nakamura
                          I bet they were cousins!

Comment

I bet they were cousins!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That has nothing to do with it. He could have still plainly said that the President had committed a crime, if, indeed, that's what the evidence showed (it doesn't).

Another neat trick that Mueller pulled is how he presented certain actions without context to imply that they were maybe almost but not quite examples of possible but not really obstruction. For instance, "He asked Sessions to unrecuse himself! That's sort-of obstruction!" Um... not really. It's the actions of an innocent man who wanted the investigators answerable to someone he trusted. Or "He wanted it made clear that he wasn't named as a target of the investigation and fired people when they drug their feet! That's sort-of obstruction!" Um... not really. It's the actions of an innocent man who wants to clear his name.

And so on. This is why the President didn't enforce executive privilege and suppress the report, because he wants everybody to see just how thin the supposed evidence against him really is.

Comment

• https://www.mediaite.com/trump/noam-...next-election/
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment