Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There Was Spying On The Trump Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-scapegoat.amp

The dishonesty of your banter never ceases to amaze MM. Ive got you dead to rights here and instead of recognizing the actual seriousness of a president that operates this way you want to play cohens former role as Trumps 'fixer'
    OK, FOX News is a little better... but the opinion piece you link to makes it clear that Nielsen resigned because she was ineffective at maneuvering the political arena and not because she refused to break the law at Trump's behest. Yes, it "would be [speculative -MM] asking her to break the law" if Trump was asking her to single-handedly reverse policy. But that's not the case as your own source makes clear in the following paragraphs:

And you hypocritically accuse me of being dishonest.

Look, Jim, don't get huffy at me when I quote your own sources back to you, and they don't say what you falsely claim they say.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Surveilance of known Russian activities which bleed into the Trump campaign is not the same thing as spying, but it isn't expected that you should ever understand this. Atty General Barr does, and so his suggestion, without a shred of evidence, that Trump was being spied on is nothing more than a show of his subordinance to Trump rather than to his office and the american people.
      Surveillance of Russian activity is not spying? wow, JimL - that's a new milestone in stupidity for you. Do you say stuff like that on purpose or does it just sort of run out of your mouth like verbal diarrhea?

...Not that there was any Russian activity in the Trump campaign. That is what Mueller concluded.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Surveillance of Russian activity is not spying? wow, JimL - that's a new milestone in stupidity for you. Do you say stuff like that on purpose or does it just sort of run out of your mouth like verbal diarrhea?

...Not that there was any Russian activity in the Trump campaign. That is what Mueller concluded.
        He's not entirely to blame: he's just mindlessly regurgitating left-wing talking points.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Like I said, it's not expected that you should ever understand, or accept, that there is a difference.

Comment

It wasn't spying, it was Democratic spying.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              He's not entirely to blame: he's just mindlessly regurgitating left-wing talking points.
              That's pretty much the case. That was exactly the sort of parsing of words and splitting of hairs that the MSM engaged in when it was first learned that the FBI was spying on the Trump campaign. Similar to how they reacted to Trump's use of the term "wire-tap" which generally means to electronically monitor telephones and computers but since it hasn't been necessary to physically tap into someone's phone line (where the term originates) for a few decades now they used that as a rational for dismissing it (and of course calling Trump a liar).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                It was U.S. intelligence surveilance of Russian activities which bled into the Trump campaign. Apparently you people don't think we should look into such matters.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That's pretty much the case. That was exactly the sort of parsing of words and splitting of hairs that the MSM engaged in when it was first learned that the FBI was spying on the Trump campaign. Similar to how they reacted to Trump's use of the term "wire-tap" which generally means to electronically monitor telephones and computers but since it hasn't been necessary to physically tap into someone's phone line (where the term originates) for a few decades now they used that as a rational for dismissing it (and of course calling Trump a liar).
                  Yeah, because who on earth would ever believe Trump to be a liar!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    The proper term is undocumented investigating.

Comment

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]36295[/ATTACH]
                        "I think one of them is a Russian agent," he says.

"Say no more," she responds.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

trump_on_offense.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36311[/ATTACH]
                            00000000000000ab000-00b.jpg

Comment

Comment

OK, FOX News is a little better... but the opinion piece you link to makes it clear that Nielsen resigned because she was ineffective at maneuvering the political arena and not because she refused to break the law at Trump's behest. Yes, it "would be [speculative -MM] asking her to break the law" if Trump was asking her to single-handedly reverse policy. But that's not the case as your own source makes clear in the following paragraphs:

And you hypocritically accuse me of being dishonest.
                                I didn't use the world hypocrite. You added that. But you are being dishonest. The piece from fox was used only to point out that what trump was requiring her to do would require her to break the law.

And the simple fact is this, you don't get to dismiss facts because you don't like the source. The truth is that Trump purged DHS because they wouldn't 'play ball'. They would not tell him it would be ok when what he was asking for was illegal. That is what the WP and CNN and a good many other outlets are reporting.

So let's review. you first dance around because I supposedly haven't provided an 'example'.

So I provide a very recent example, and you dance around because say you don't like the source.

So I provide an example from 'fox' that shows that trump demanding nielson do what the CNN source says she and the DHS lawyers were told to do would in fact be illegal and you dance back to claiming trump 'didn't actually do it.

Denial is not an argument MM. I gave you a clear cut example, and you are so completely and blindly committed to trump that the truth doesn't even matter.

What this discussion shows quite clearly MM is that you don't care about the truth. You don't care about what is real. You only care about Trump 'winning', and you don't care about the cost to this country or the principles that once distinguished this country from almost every other.

Look, Jim, don't get huffy at me when I quote your own sources back to you, and they don't say what you falsely claim they say.
                                You can twist the words MM, but you can't change the facts. I was quite clear on why I quoted the fox article, and it wasn't to prove trump demanded she broke the law. It was simply show that even fox agrees that what CNN and the WP are reporting is in fact trump asking Nielson to break the law.

But then again, I should know by now that anything more subtle than an H-bomb you see as an opportunity to twist into something it was not.

Jim
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-12-2019, 11:26 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment