Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There Was Spying On The Trump Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, just like what do they think they're going to find in the Mueller report that Mueller apparently missed.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      So no specifics, just the usual
      "Orange man bad! " mantra.
      I often dont waste my time with specifics on you. First, you are intelligent and alrady kniw what they are. Second, you are committed to minimizing or dismissing them. When caught dead to rights, you just move on to the next excuse or topic.you never, ever are honest enough to admit a point has been made or that you were incorrect.

Jim
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-17-2019, 10:26 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
        I dont waste my time with specifics on you. First, you are intelligent and alrady kniw what they are. Second, you are committed to minimizing or dismissing them. When caught dead to rights, you just move on to the next excuse or topic.you never, ever are honest enough to admit a point has been made or that you were incorrect.
        Right. Maybe you could point me to another "My friend's uncle's coworker says Trump is really bad!" article like you did the last time you claimed you had me "dead to rights".

Comment

Right. Maybe you could point me to another "My friend's uncle's coworker says Trump is really bad!" article like you did the last time you claimed you had me "dead to rights".
          Case in point.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Ya know, this sudden re-focus on Trump's tax returns pretty much tells you that the liberals have given up on any hope of the Mueller report felling their adversary.
            and

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              That is YOUR opinion. Nearly all the presidents that have gone before him would disagree with you on that point.

Those presidents gave us their taxes because THEY believed it WAS our business.

This principle motivating these other presidents is sometime called being transparent, sometimes called being above board, and is also sourced in the admonition to avoid even the appearance of evil.

Jim
              "Nearly all" being the last 8 out of the 44 total. It started with Tricky Dick, who (ironically) wanted to deflect the notion that he was a "crook." (The first POTUS *candidate* was apparently Mitt's dad George Romney in 1968.) (Thank you, Google. )
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Right, just like what do they think they're going to find in the Mueller report that Mueller apparently missed.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                  and
                  "Everything in his power"? Is he issuing executive orders? Calling for military intervention? Authorizing his cabinet to go out and lie for him, like Bill did? You really are a Drama Queen.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    They have to find something to keep their base riled...
                    And their base is too naive to see how the Democrat party is leading them around by the nose with one false story after another.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      "Nearly all" being the last 8 out of the 44 total. It started with Tricky Dick, who (ironically) wanted to deflect the notion that he was a "crook." (The first POTUS *candidate* was apparently Mitt's dad George Romney in 1968.) (Thank you, Google. )
                      Yes, it is ironic that it began with Nixon as I noted above (previous page) given he ended up being one of the few to resign due to his integrity issues. So I don't think anyone believes that a candidate releasing their taxes shows us much about their moral character beyond that they've managed to avoid anything detectably illegal with regard to their taxes. It also gives the general population a window into who they are in terms of charitable contributions and what sort of income level they have and how much they've paid in taxes.

The issue here is not that Trump releasing his taxes would tell us he's 'innocent' - on the contrary. However, since the tradition/expectation was established and held to for nearly 40 years, refusing to release them creates if nothing less the appearance this person has something to hide. And that is why everyone wants to know why Trump is so secretive about them. Clearly, Trump has something to hide, but just what it is that he wants to hide will not be known till we see them. Trump was stupid not to release them if indeed he has nothing to hide - unless perhaps he wants to use all the attention it would necessarily garner to distract from something more problematic. I can't think of any rational reason to fight the expectation other than that to release them would create a worse uproar than keeping them hidden.

But maybe Trump just likes to stomp on the anthill and watch the ants run about. Or maybe the attention is something he craves so much that hes is willing to let this just be one more way to get it.

No matter what the reason - even if it's just he doesn't want people telling him what he has to do - it all speaks to an individual with serious issues, either criminal, social, or psychological.

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-18-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        "Everything in his power"? Is he issuing executive orders? Calling for military intervention? Authorizing his cabinet to go out and lie for him, like Bill did? You really are a Drama Queen.
                        Those are not powers he can legitimately direct at keeping the congress from getting those documents. In fact, I'm pretty sure if he tried to use any of those powers beyond executive order to stop these requests, he'd be impeached immediately, or possibly removed under the 25th amendment. Executive order wouldn't get out of the gate legally.

Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Those are not powers he can legitimately direct at keeping the congress from getting those documents. In fact, I'm pretty sure if he tried to use any of those powers beyond executive order to stop these requests, he'd be impeached immediately, or possibly removed under the 25th amendment.

Jim
                          I was being overly dramatic in response to our local Drama Queen's exaggeration that Trump is doing "everything in his power". He's saying no. It's as simple as that.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmuddle View Post
                            Those are not powers he can legitimately direct at keeping the congress from getting those documents. In fact, I'm pretty sure if he tried to use any of those powers beyond executive order to stop these requests, he'd be impeached immediately, or possibly removed under the 25th amendment. Executive order wouldn't get out of the gate legally.
                            Have you ever actually read the 25th Amendment?

Comment

Surely, Jim was simply being overly dramatic in response to me being overly dramatic in response to our local Drama Queen....

Comment

A president that tried to get the military to, i don't know, conduct a first strike on the IRS to stop release of his tax forms, would definitely be bonkers and thus could be declared mentally incapacitated and thus 'unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office' and removed under the 25th amendment, section 4.

Jim

Comment