Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mayor Pete Attacks Trump's Faith...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    And your source for this is...?
    He probably has one, but isn't willing to post it.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Gotta love you squabbling, judgmental Christians.
      Says the anti-Christian bigot who's only here to squabble, accuse, deflect, judge, distort.... I should know better than to trust a single thing you type.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Cause he wants our heads to explode.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

your brand of Christianity not his. The Catholic Church applies a different standard again, which relates to being a Christian church with a hierarchy of priests and bishops under the pope, a liturgy centered in the Mass, veneration of the Virgin Mary and saints, clerical celibacy, and a body of dogma including transubstantiation and papal infallibility. Up until Vatican II you lot were deemed heretics destined for hell...just as you are consigning Buttigieg and liberal Christianity to perdition for their "erroneous" beliefs. There's no difference in principle.

Gotta love you squabbling, judgmental Christians.
          Obvious deflection is obvious.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I have searched high and low -- it appears the ONLY reason he was "drawn to" the Episcopal Church is because they are accepting of his homosexuality.

There is ZERO reference to his "faith" on his official website.
            He has made statements questioning the practice of prayer.
            His partner's brother mentions concern over the rejection of Christ, and claims this whole "faith" thing is a campaign ruse.
            There is no evidence that he ever joined the Episcopal Church.
            There is no evidence that he actually attends the Episcopal Church.
            There is no evidence that he ever refers to the Bible with regards to his lifestyle choice.

Tass and Jimmy have been unable to produce even ONE quote where Buttigieg even suggests he's a Christian, or - a lower bar - a practicing Episcopalian.

It appears the media has just 'ordained' him a Christian because he'd be the "right kind" of Christian - one who ignores scripture and paints Jesus as loving and forgiving and accepting of homosexuality.

Comment

It's from Wikipedia which is citing something buried way down deep in a story from the Indianapolis Monthly:

Source: Pete Buttigieg Has His Eye On The Prize

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                It's from Wikipedia which is citing something buried way down deep in a story from the Indianapolis Monthly:

Source: Pete Buttigieg Has His Eye On The Prize

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Works for me, even though it's second-hand.
                sigpic

Comment

Because THAT was your claim.
                  https://www.indianapolismonthly.com/...tigieg-feature (Courtesy of rogue)

It is you

Comment

And what? "Practicing Christian" should be open slather for anyone who wants to call himself a Christian? That isn't a (lack of) standard that can be accepted by anyone sane.
                    Or perhaps "Practicing Christian" should be open to anyone you consider to be a "practicing Christian"? You don't have the prescribed credentials that would make your call credible.

What we are left with is an evaluation of whether a person claiming to be a practicing Christian meets the minimum (at least) standards of Christian as defined by Holy Writ - and opinions will vary with regard to what can be considered valid evaluations.
                    Last edited by tabibito; 05-29-2019, 05:15 AM.
                    1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                    Scripture before Tradition:
                    but that won't prevent others from
                    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

LOL, now it has morphed into "Practicing EPISCOPALIAN" instead of "Practicing Christian"

You crack me up Tassman. Your story keeps changing post by post and you try to claim that it was your claim all along, when we can all see what you posted before! I think they call that "gas lighting" - when you try to sell someone on a false reality.

--
                      Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                      My argument was that the interpretation of scripture varies e.g. the likes of Buttigieg, as a practicing Christian, interprets scripture in such a way that homosexuality is OK with a loving God.
                      Just as the likes of Buttigieg, as a practicing Christian, interpret scripture in such a way that homosexuality is OK with a loving God.

Comment

My claim, supported by several links...
                        Which claim? The one you keep trying to morph into something else because you're too dishonest to admit your "practicing Christian" claim was bogus?

It appears absolutely impossible for you to admit "OK, I SHOULD have said....."

Look, you ignorant jackass - it doesn't matter HOW one defines "practicing Christian" -- the fact is that, no matter HOW it is defined, you can not produce a single example of Buttigieg ever making that claim, which is what you have said repeatedly.

At this point I'm just going to have to assume you're a serial prevaricator of the lowest order.

And this would be another lie - I have NEVER said Buttigieg was not a Christian.

I'm done with this - unless you keep bringing it up.

Comment

- I have NEVER said Buttigieg was not a Christian.
                          And yet:

emphasizing how his gay identity is intertwined with his faith.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...aith-sexuality

And it was to this which you took exception dismissing the notion that Buttigieg could be a "real" Christian along with endless quotes from Evangelical "experts" to this effect to back your claim. And all this despite my primary argument, going back to #110, which was not..later citing such differences of interpretation re slavery, the role of women and etc... all of which you ignored in favor of your moronic fixation about being a "committed Christian".

Comment

And yet:
                            You're not a stupid person, Tass.

Your anti-Christian bigotry causes you to say some really stupid stuff, then your insolent arrogant pride won't let you back down.

Your claim was that Buttigieg himself claimed to be a practicing Christian -- regardless of what "practicing Christian" means.
                            My argument was that the interpretation of scripture varies e.g. the likes of Buttigieg, as a practicing Christian, interprets scripture in such a way that homosexuality is OK with a loving God.
                            practicing Christian
                            practicing Christian but he does,...
                            practicing Christian
                            ....Buttigieg claims to be a ...

You have failed to give even ONE example that Buttigieg said any such thing.

You're really not helping yourself with all your kabuki theater.

Comment

• I'm a little unclear on what's being argued here. In my estimation, "practicing Christian" is fairly nebulous and can be considered synonymous with "church-goer" - and it does appear that Buttigieg attends (an Episcopalian) church (from the story rogue06 linked). Buttigieg may not have said those exact words, but it appears that we're squabbling over semantics.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm a little unclear on what's being argued here. In my estimation, "practicing Christian" is fairly nebulous and can be considered synonymous with "church-goer" - and it does appear that Buttigieg attends (an Episcopalian) church (from the story rogue06 linked).
                                The liberal world is proclaiming Buttigieg a "practicing Christian". Buttigieg appears to never have made that claim, regardless of how you define "practicing Christian".

Buttigieg may not have said those exact words, but it appears that we're squabbling over semantics.
                                Tassman's claim is that Buttigieg, indeed, said those exact words.

Buttigieg says precious little about his "faith" --- just about everything concerning his "faith" comes from others who never seem to be able to quote him directly. Just like Buttigieg never seems to have made any reference to the scriptures dealing with homosexuality - he just simply ignores them - despite Tassman's repeated claims that Buttigieg "interprets those scriptures differently".

It is the media and the left that proclaim Buttigieg's "Christianity" and his "faith", not he himself. The only reason Buttigieg's "faith" came up at all was to attack Pence's faith, despite Buttigieg's own claim that he doens't judge others.

Comment