Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    In case you didn't catch it, Biden isn't the grandparent of any of the various women and young girls that he can't keep his hands off of. And the various videos out there make it look much, much worse than the various still images. You get to see the women and especially girls looking extremely uncomfortable as they try to pull away.

No, I don't think he's a sexual predator but he sure comes off as incredibly creepy and considering for how many years various pictures, videos and discussions of Biden's "hands on" nature have been going on his act of sounding like this is all news to him and has come as a shock seems incredibly disingenuous.
    Ok - so that aspect of it isn't something I have paid any attention to or remember being reported. In general I tend to dismiss those sorts of complaints (if they are not tied to real issues like pedophilia or sexual harassment) as being petty. So you are saying that over the years Biden has long been regarded as a person that is 'too handsy' with people, or kids, or whatever? Can you show me evidence of this being an issue during the Obama era or before - not just people looking back through photos from over the years due to this issue with the nevada senator and deciding to make an issue of it?

Jim
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Biden's spokesman claims that some (but apparently not all!) of the pictures of Gropin' Joe in action are "smears and forgeries" ... but he of course never actually identifies the fakes, probably because it would imply that the rest are genuine.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...air-forgeries/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Joe Biden's stuff is flat out harassment. Anyone acting like this in a school would get canned.
        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I had a boss like him back in the 80s. He would walk around and massage peoples shoulders while talking in meeting. I think he thought he was being friendly or fatherly, but it was very awkward. Other than that he was a nice guy.
          yep - that's why I tend to dismiss these kinds of 'gossipy' sorts of things. Usually that kind of thing - if Its fairly obvious its just part of a friendly personality - is something I see as harmless and I just don't worry about it. If it gets to be too much, I just say back off. I don't go running to HR. People get way to uptight about this sort of thing, especially these days. When it matters is when it crosses the line into harrassment (you say back off and they don't) or as has been insinuated, if it indicates inappropriate behavior towards a child beyond a brief but perhaps annoying hug in the presence of the parents - the sorts of thing these pictures appear to represent.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Ok - so that aspect of it isn't something I have paid any attention to or remember being reported. In general I tend to dismiss those sorts of complaints (if they are not tied to real issues like pedophilia or sexual harassment) as being petty. So you are saying that over the years Biden has long been regarded as a person that is 'too handsy' with people, or kids, or whatever? Can you show me evidence of this being an issue during the Obama era or before - not just people looking back through photos from over the years due to this issue with the nevada senator and deciding to make an issue of it?

Jim
            2014: https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...ts-book-claims
            2015: https://gawker.com/joe-biden-we-need...ome-1686648038
            http://time.com/3713264/joe-biden-st...-shoulder-rub/

Bunch more if you do a google search and limit the dates to before 2015.

Comment

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/pj...e-biden-moment
              Last edited by Sparko; 04-01-2019, 02:46 PM.

Comment

That looks 'shopped.
                Save me, save me"

Comment

from 2013:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-embrace.html

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                    That looks 'shopped.
                    I thought so too, but apparently its not. looks like it is taken from a freeze frame of a video. The article has links to another article of the actual ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I thought so too, but apparently its not. looks like it is taken from a freeze frame of a video.
                      That would explain why the picture looks enhanced.
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

Jim
                        Obviously the overwhelming references are from the past few days when you check Google but still...

From Time magazine 2015:
                        Source: America Shouldn't Tolerate 'Biden Being Biden'

Family FeudSource

© Copyright Original Source

From the Washington Post in 2015: What are we going to do about Creepy Uncle Joe Biden? (I can't post the article because it is behind a paywall)

From NPR in 2015:
                        Source: Joe Biden Gets A Bit Too Close To New Secretary Of Defense's Wife

Then it was time for Biden to swear in Ash Carter, the country's new defense secretary. That went well, until Carter started talking and Biden called Carter's wife, Stephanie, over.

For a few seconds, Biden put both hands on Carter's wife. It was reminiscent of what President George W. Bush did to German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But Biden, then took it a step further, getting really close to whisper something in her ear.

The episode, of course, launched much commentary of on Twitter.

There were gifs:

And New York magazine responded with a collection of pictures titled, "9 Times Joe Biden Creepily Whispered in Women's Ears."

Of course, Biden is known for things such as this. Remember, that's why The Onion has parodied Biden as an administration screw-up and boozy womanizer.

We'll leave you with another iconic Biden photograph from the 2012 campaign trail:

[*In this case she didn't seem too upset but the look on both of the men's face is classic*]

Source

From the Daily Caller in 2013:
                        Source: VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN GROPES WHITE HOUSE REPORTER

smiley bleep.gifSource

From the Today show in 2013:
                        Source: Photo of famously friendly Biden goes viral

Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

2015:

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                            Joe Biden's stuff is flat out harassment. Anyone acting like this in a school would get canned.
                            Act like that in a corporate environment, and you'd be slapped with a harassment suit so fast it'd alter the rotation of the Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              I never said you're lying. I just said that I hope your parents had the good sense to warn to keep away from any aunts and uncles who had the perverse habit of inappropriately touching young children they had just met. I'm sorry, but that's simply not normal behavior.
                              Giving a kid a hug or ece a kiss on the cheek isnt inaporopriate behavior - depending on context whichvwe dont have.

Jim

Comment

yep - that's why I tend to dismiss these kinds of 'gossipy' sorts of things.
                                Unless it involves Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment