Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
    Yup - if the girl had shown any sort of discomfort about Biden's approach, and he had not withdrawn, there might be an argument. He simply held her by the shoulders (I note there was no under the arm touching as he has done in the past) and she was entirely comfortable with it - ergo, no invasion of personal space.
    Uh, he took her away from her mother and walked her back to the reporters, and squatted down to whisper in her ear. That's personal space.

**ETA** And you do NOT tell a 10 year old girl she is "good looking"
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat
      Uh, he took her away from her mother and walked her back to the reporters, and squatted down to whisper in her ear. That's personal space.
      And, because of who he is -- the VP of the US of A -- and in view of the whole world, mom and daughter are likely to try to put the best face on it, even if inside they feel awkward.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat
        But not a violation thereof where the action is accepted. Nor did the mother show any discomfort or concern at Biden's action.

I'm aghast ... Now it's inappropriate to give a child a compliment? When did that happen?
        Last edited by tabibito; 05-31-2019, 10:06 AM.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Ascribing evil intent to that kind of behaviour is a new attitude. Which is not to say that it can't be done with evil intent, just that sometimes it is no more than kindliness.
          Not so long ago, politicians kissing babies was also considered reasonable behaviour. I think maybe now, there would be a large number of witch hunters keeping watch in the shadows for the opportunity to impugn the "felon."
          Biden has done far more than "kiss babies" on the campaign trail. There are dozens of photos and videos of him engaging in inappropriate touching of women and especially young girls. The only other time you see that sort of behavior is from a man who has lost his inhibitions through senility.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

In the world of today, it is inappropriate behaviour to hold a door for a woman...
            No it's not. I do it all the time, and the response is always gratitude. It's only liberals with absurd notions of "equality" who have tried to claim that it's inappropriate.

Comment

But not a violation thereof where the action is accepted. Nor did the mother show any discomfort or concern at Biden's action.
              So the standard is that it's only wrong if someone objects? That we should leave it up to young children who don't know any better to decide what is and isn't appropriate?
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-31-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• What can I say? We live in a world where (predominantly) male teachers and carers dare not touch a child who is hurt or distressed because of the risk of false accusations ruining their lives. Female teachers aren't portrayed as predators and so have a somewhat freer rein - though the stats don't show them in a much better light than males.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Why not? what kind of whack job are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Why not? what kind of whack job are you?
                    One that doesn't hit on little girls, you sick bastard!
                    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 05-31-2019, 05:37 PM.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

One that doesn't hit on little girls, you sick bastard!
                      That you believe that to be hitting on a little girl shows you to have a sick mind. Here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/new/child-bat...phy-hugs trump

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7GMRX7ohQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7GMRX7ohQ[/URL

Sorry about that, tthe links aren't working, but it shows Trump hugging and Kissing little boys, and there is more such out there. He must be a sick pedophile right? Ya dope.
                      Last edited by JimL; 05-31-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        That you believe that to be hitting on a little girl shows you to have a sick mind. Here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/new/child-bat...phy-hugs trump

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7GMRX7ohQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7GMRX7ohQ[/URL

Sorry about that, tthe links aren't working, but it shows Trump hugging and Kissing little boys, and there is more such out there. He must be a sick pedophile right? Ya dope.
                        The links would work fine if you were bright enough to figure out how the tags work. Then again, if you were bright enough to understand context, you'd realize the fundamental difference between what the two actors under discussion are doing. You don't have much experience with children, do you?
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Wow! Biden is obviously a major threat to scumbag Trump, and his supporters, to warrant the level of scurrilous attacks were getting in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Wow! Biden is obviously a major threat to scumbag Trump, and his supporters, to warrant the level of scurrilous attacks were getting in this thread.
                            Biden knowingly acted on this occasion in full and open view of the camera. I'd guess he was indulging in a bit of trolling here.
                            The problem would not exist but for the loonie left's toxic narrative that teaches people to see evil in every action by males.
                            That is pretty much a narrative that you have bought into Tassman - and one that has me, on occasion, being forced to evaluate whether I am seeing things as they really are, or whether I am viewing matters through a distorting lens. Which is to say, I too have been influenced by the loonie-left's toxic narrative. So - given that the Democrats promote that narrative, and produce division and discord at every politically expedient opportunity, I consider Trump worth supporting.

Same thing happened in the recent election here - Labor lost an election it could not possibly lose. The coalition didn't win, and couldn't have won - which even some of their own key players admitted. Labor torpedoed itself by pandering to every (hyperbole) faction of the loonie-left going.

There was a time when I would not have needed to add "(hyperbole)" to the foregoing sentence - it would have been readily understood and accepted that the statement was exaggerated. It has become necessary to make such additions because of the loonie-left's jaundiced portrayal of legitimate exaggeration.
                            Last edited by tabibito; 06-01-2019, 04:05 AM.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Biden knowingly acted on this occasion in full and open view of the camera. I'd guess he was indulging in a bit of trolling here.
                              The problem would not exist but for the loonie left's toxic narrative that teaches people to see evil in every action by males.
                              That is pretty much a narrative that you have bought into Tassman - and one that has me, on occasion, being forced to evaluate whether I am seeing things as they really are, or whether I am viewing matters through a distorting lens. Which is to say, I too have been influenced by the loonie-left's toxic narrative. So - given that the Democrats promote that narrative, and produce division and discord at every politically expedient opportunity, I consider Trump worth supporting.

Same thing happened in the recent election here - Labor lost an election it could not possibly lose. The coalition didn't win, and couldn't have won - which even some of their own key players admitted. Labor torpedoed itself by pandering to every (hyperbole) faction of the loonie-left going.

There was a time when I would not have needed to add "(hyperbole)" to the foregoing sentence - it would have been readily understood and accepted that the statement was exaggerated. It has become necessary to make such additions because of the loonie-left's jaundiced portrayal of legitimate exaggeration.
                              It's the looney right here that is seeing evil here where there so obviously is none, so what are you talking about?

Comment

• If right wingers here are seeing evil where there is none, it is because they have been taught to see evil in things that are innocuous. That teaching originates with the loonie-left.
                                That right wingers have bought into the loonie left's narrative is unfortunate - but that doesn't change the origin of the narrative.
                                To qualify as "loonie left or right", as I view the terms, a person would have to seriously advocate or approve the use of violence or coercion to enforce their opinions on others. I don't see anyone here doing that. On the rare occasions that posts might have been interpreted as doing so, those posts seem more likely to be tongue in cheek than literal advocacy. Such posts may be unseemly, but they don't qualify as "loonie" (from my perspective).

As for me - I'm a bit left of centre-right, according to those strange survey thingies that turn up from time to time.
                                Last edited by tabibito; 06-01-2019, 07:08 AM.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment