Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden, Me Too..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    James, you came out from hiding!
    It took awhile for him to deal with Mueller's shattering his collusion delusion.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

James, you came out from hiding!
      Yes, but Mueller finding no reason to charge the President with a crime appears to have caused his brain to pop.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Yes, but Mueller finding no reason to charge the President with a crime appears to have caused his brain to pop.
        But he (JimL) is a man of faith - he's SURE it ain't over yet, and Trump will be impeached (though he doesn't quite understand what that means) - can I get an AMEN! Preach it!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well I was a little upset when Hillary wan't charged, so I feel Jim's pain.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            Oh really! If it wasn't for the Evangelicals Trump would not be in power. " Ye shall know them by their fruits. ... By their fruits you will know them". Matthew 7:16
            Christian faith on the whole is very much incompatible with the hypocrisy you describe. The flaw is in the people and a culture that has developed in american evangelical circles that is blind to its own moral dissonance. This is human nature, the human nature we believe necessitated Christ's death. We are all very much capable of believing very much the right thing, yet acting out 180 degrees out of sync with that belief and at the same time thinking that somehow it's all justifiable.

Jim
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It is also really hard to believe that he's just now hearing about people talking about how creepy his handsy habit is.
              If most people that know him understand he acts that way out of a sincere and deep compassion for the people around him, it is less clear what should be done. If anything, to curtail it.

We all need human contact, and most of us could benefit from more human contact than we get. The issue is not so much the contact as the perception there is some self gratifying motive behind it.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-06-2019, 03:15 PM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Well I was a little upset when Hillary wan't charged, so I feel Jim's pain.
                Except with Hillary, Comey laid out an open and shut case against her and then said no reasonable prosecutor would press charges.

In Trump's case, Mueller flat out said there is no evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  ...he acts that way out of a sincere and deep compassion for the people around him...
                  Right, and Al Franken was just playing a harmless practical joke, and Harvey Weinstein was just helping hardworking actresses get ahead in Hollywood.

Suppose a man you didn't know touched your wife or young daughter that way. Would you really just blow it off as no big deal, or would the creep be lucky to leave with the use of his hands? I know my own wife wouldn't have a second thought about breaking a man's finger if he reached under her armpit and touched the side of her breast like Biden is known to do.

Comment

If most people that know him understand he acts that way out of a sincere and deep compassion for the people around him, it is less clear what should be done. If anything, to curtail it.

We all need human contact, and most of us could benefit from more human contact than we get. The issue is not so much the contact as the perception there is some self gratifying motive behind it.

Jim
                    The liberals have created a brave new world, Jim, in which such things are now taboo.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right, and Al Franken was just playing a harmless practical joke, and Harvey Weinstein was just helping hardworking actresses get ahead in Hollywood.

Suppose a man you didn't know touched your wife or young daughter that way. Would you really just blow it off as no big deal, or would the creep be lucky to leave with the use of his hands? I know my own wife wouldn't have a second thought about breaking a man's finger if he reached under her armpit and touched the side of her breast like Biden is known to do.
                      Your sarcastic and bitter approach to these issues does not change the fact that there are people in this world that genuinely love and care for others. Those that know Biden well report that is what they see here. And unless something more in line with the frankin routine you unjustly compare him to comes to light, I'm willing to believe them.

Genuinely good people exist MM. And they often become the butt of jokes by people like the persona you present on this website.

Im willing to wait to see if anything is reported that is more than just a little too much nice.

Jim
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-06-2019, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        The liberals have created a brave new world, Jim, in which such things are now taboo.
                        I agree. If a co worker was distraught, i used to think nothing about a hand on a shoulder and an encouraging word. Not these days. Mind you I'd never report anyone for any gesture of kindness, even if it 'might' possibly have other potential meanings. I regret very much the fact that we have become a people so cynical that every physical touch must be a sexual act. It is one of the true costs of our descent into sexual perversion.

Jim

Comment

Your sarcastic and bitter approach to these issues does not change the fact that there are people in this world that genuinely love and care for others. Those that know Biden well report that is what they see here. And unless something more in line with the frankin routine you unjustly compare him to comes to light, I'm willing to believe them.

Genuinely good people exist MM. And they often become the butt of jokes by people like the persona you present on this website.

Im willing to wait to see if anything is reported that is more than just a little too much nice.
                          Sarcastic, yes; bitter, not in the slightest.

It's true that genuinely good people exist, but it's also true that genuinely good people do not force their affections on another who clearly does not want it, nor do they touch little girls in a way that society and any right-thinking person would deem clearly inappropriate.

Comment

I agree. If a co worker was distraught, i used to think nothing about a hand on a shoulder and an encouraging word. Not these days. Mind you I'd never report anyone for any gesture of kindness, even if it 'might' possibly have other potential meanings. I regret very much the fact that we have become a people so cynical that every physical touch must be a sexual act. It is one of the true costs of our descent into sexual perversion.

Jim
                            The thing you're missing is that it has never, at least in my lifetime, been appropriate for a man to come up behind a women he wasn't intimate with, slide his hands over her shoulders, sniff her hair, and plant a kiss on her head while whispering in her ear. Biden isn't an innocent victim of changing social mores. For at least the past three-decades, behavior like that on the job would have gotten you fired, and most likely sued, by the victim.

Comment

Jim
                              I can to that, brother - when my kids were young, they had a MAN for a Sunday School teacher. They used to brag about how their "Sunday School Man" would teach them things about the Bible, and help them color. In these days, we would never THINK of having a man with small kids. And that's a shame, because I really think little kids need godly MALE role models in Church.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                I can to that, brother - when my kids were young, they had a MAN for a Sunday School teacher. They used to brag about how their "Sunday School Man" would teach them things about the Bible, and help them color. In these days, we would never THINK of having a man with small kids. And that's a shame, because I really think little kids need godly MALE role models in Church.
                                We've instituted a policy in our church that with kids, there's always 2 adults in the room at all times. And a one adult is absolutely never to be alone with a single child.
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment