Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Collusion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00000000000000aae.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• 00000000000000ab000-00b.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        This may get interesting:

Joe Biden's 2020 Ukrainian nightmare: A closed probe is revived

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...obe-is-revived
        Joe's not going to have such an easy time, and he is SO out of step with the "new" Democratic Party. He's a freakin' CONSERVATIVE!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

But sure, they're in the minority. But things like this usually start with a trickle although in an era where the MSM being concerned with being regarded as dependable and nonpartisan is all but extinct it may take longer than it would have not so very long ago.
          Yes, they are in the minority. They are the exceptions that test the rule and no amount of verbose sophistry can alter that. As for the "trickle" it was a deluge in the mid term elections and likely to be even more so in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It wasn't Mueller's job to "exonerate" anybody. His job was to look for evidence of collusion (remember? That's what this was all about?) and he found none.

Where did you find this new talking point about "conspiracy"? I seem to have missed that one. The rest of your herd is moving on to impeachment/not impeachment.
            Mueller did not pursue lines of inquiry that would lead him inexorably to indictments, because he always understood Department of Justice rules to preclude a sitting President from being indicted. What his Report DID show, however, is that Trump obstructed justice and that there was at least enough found by Mueller and his team to implicitly hand prosecutorial duties over to Congress.

Now we shall see just how much of that Trump can obstruct, by refusing to hand over documents etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Mueller did not pursue lines of inquiry that would lead him inexorably to indictments, because he always understood Department of Justice rules to preclude a sitting President from being indicted. What his Report DID show, however, is that Trump obstructed justice and that there was at least enough found by Mueller and his team to implicitly hand prosecutorial duties over to Congress.

Now we shall see just how much of that Trump can obstruct, by refusing to hand over documents etc.
              I have to admit, Tass, you're one of the less illiterate crazies we have on Tweb.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I have to admit, Tass, you're one of the less illiterate crazies we have on Tweb.

Comment

• You're up there at the top of the list, ff. (of both )

Comment

• James Clapper Knew There Was No Evidence of Trump-Russia Collusion In 2016

Clapper is such a...

Comment

• Todd is still convinced that Trump colluded with the Russians, or at the very least wanted to collude with them. After the release of the Mueller report he grumbled, "They wanted to conspire, they just never found the right opportunity to do so" and compared the Trump Administration to the Keystone cops.

The funniest one to watch was disgraced former NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams (now banished to the MSNBC ghetto) who started off in full arrogant bluster which quickly reverted to an angry snarl when he talked to Trump's attorney

Comment

As I said, a few are starting to jump ship. Most have invested the entirety of what's left of their reputations in the Trump-colluded-with-the-Russians-and-stole-the-election myth and cannot afford to disengage from it.

And there are a few others aside from the aforementioned NBC's Justice Department correspondent Pete Williams, NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt, NBC Capitol Hill correspondent Kasie Hunt and CNN political analyst Chris Cillizza. For instance, Ken Dilanian, NBC News national security reporter, admitted on MSNBC's Kasie DC that the Mueller report was a "complete vindication" of Trump and on Twitter wrote:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36612[/ATTACH]

Also on MSNBC, right after the news broke, NBC national security and justice correspondent Julia Ainsley was reading the details, explaining that "Robert Mueller weighed in and said, 'that was not tacit. There was no coordination or conspiracy.'" causing host Katy Tur to interject, "So, this vindicates the President on collusion." Ainsley replied, "It does. So, it would vindicate him on collusion."

Over on CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin announced that the report was a "total vindication" for Trump and the network's chief political analyst Gloria Bolger also said he was vindicated but in a very round about way

This was in reaction to CNN's Justice Department correspondent Evan Perez's statement that "[Trump's] been vindicated."

And Jonathan Chait, former editor of New Republic and The American Prospect who now writes for New York magazine and the Los Angeles Times noted that the report "didn't exonerate Trump -- it vindicated him."

And that's just from those on the left. Numerous conservative journalists who openly opposed Trump or at the least were wary and skeptical are saying the same sort of things.

But sure, they're in the minority. But things like this usually start with a trickle although in an era where the MSM being concerned with being regarded as dependable and nonpartisan is all but extinct it may take longer than it would have not so very long ago.
                        The trickle of defections continues. From Matt Taibbi over at Rolling Stone:

Source: The Press Will Learn Nothing From the Russiagate Fiasco

The inability to face the enormity of the last few years of errors will cost the news media its credibility, even with blue-state audienceAssociated PressNew York Times and Washington PostSo, yay journalism!You know what was fake news? Most of the Russiagate story. There was no Trump-Russia conspiracy, that thing we just spent three yearsWashington Post

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Bolding added by rogue06*]

Comment

• Latest polling from Rasmussen says that the majority of voters see no grounds for impeachment.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The trickle of defections continues. From Matt Taibbi over at Rolling Stone:
                            It's rather self-serving how the writer tries to defend the years of false reporting by suggesting that the liberal media were unwilling dupes being fed lies by Mueller and his team. This is similar to CNN insisting they're not investigators and just publish whatever they're told, as if they have no responsibility to verify the truth of what they're publishing.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Latest polling from Rasmussen says that the majority of voters see no grounds for impeachment.
                              First off Rasmussen is a biased pollster, and second, what the majority of americans want is public hearings which is what Trump and you are afraid of. Impeachment would come after that although he may be ousted by the electorate by that time if his stalling/obstruction technique works to his corrupt advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Latest polling from Rasmussen says that the majority of voters see no grounds for impeachment.
                                First off Rasmussen is a biased pollster, and second, what the majority of americans want is public hearings which is what Trump and you are afraid of. Impeachment would come after that although he may be ousted by the electorate by that time if his stalling/obstruction technique works to his corrupt advantage. Then he, like so many of his appointed cronies, you know, the swamp, will still have to face the many financial crimes he is accused of in State courts. That's your guy! Your team!

Comment