Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democratic lawmaker announces plans to file impeachment resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have out found yet another anti-Christian bigot site from which you get your information?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      No he hasn't. It's almost unanimously agreed upon by reasonable Americans (that aren't named Tlaib or Omar) that anti-Semitism is bad. It's only been normalized by the radical fresh faces of the new Democratic House. So fresh... SO FACE!!
      From Obama's former chief of staff and current mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel:

Source: I�ve Faced the Charge of Dual Loyalty

otherSource

© Copyright Original Source

ETA: And from Rep. Ted Deutch (D-Fla):

Last edited by rogue06; 03-09-2019, 01:06 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Both the right and left have radical fringes. Always have. Always will. But on the right they truly are on the fringe and regularly denounced when they surface. But on the left they are increasing in number and strength, being elected to Congress, and before too long it'll be the "moderates" who'll be the fringe.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And you still avoided the argument. Reasonable people know anti-Semitism is wrong.

Comment

Already addressed that, stupid. Now get back on topic, or leave.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Both the right and left have radical fringes. Always have. Always will. But on the right they truly are on the fringe and regularly denounced when they surface. But on the left they are increasing in number and strength, being elected to Congress, and before too long it'll be the "moderates" who'll be the fringe.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Already addressed that, stupid. Now get back on topic, or leave.

Comment

He wasn't saying that there were "good people" among the neo-Nazis but rather among all of those who opposed to the Taliban/ISIS-style efforts to tear down or deface statues and monuments.

Comment

He wasn't saying that there were "good people" among the neo-Nazis but rather among all of those who opposed to the Taliban/ISIS-style efforts to tear down or deface statues and monuments.
                    "good people on both sides', including among those in the tiki-torch parade. He later amended it with an unconvincing scripted rebuttal, just as he similarly amended his connection with former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, but he remains ambiguous. After all, Trump doesn't want to alienate his racist base.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                      "good people on both sides', including among those in the tiki-torch parade. He later amended it with an unconvincing scripted rebuttal, just as he similarly amended his connection with former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, but he remains ambiguous. After all, Trump doesn't want to alienate his racist base.
                      [citation needed]
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        [citation needed]
                        Really. You choose not to remember your embarrassing Nationalist president's remarks? Well, I can hardly blame you. He's a 'train-wreck'.

"Trump argued there was blame on both sides and equated the actions of white nationalists, who carried Nazi flags and chanted "Jews will not replace us," to that of counter protesters.

"You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides,"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ism/965715002/

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          Really. You choose not to remember your embarrassing Nationalist president's remarks? Well, I can hardly blame you. He's a 'train-wreck'.

"Trump argued there was blame on both sides and equated the actions of white nationalists, who carried Nazi flags and chanted "Jews will not replace us," to that of counter protesters.

"You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides,"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ism/965715002/
                          Nobody argues about what he said but rather the attempt to twist them into his referring specifically about the neo-Nazis rather than those who opposed to the Taliban/ISIS-style efforts to tear down or deface statues and monuments.

Comment

Nobody argues about what he said but rather the attempt to twist them into his referring specifically about the neo-Nazis
                            rather than those who opposed to the Taliban/ISIS-style efforts to tear down or deface statues and monuments.
                            By which you mean the opponents of retaining monuments to white supremacy and the retention of slavery.

Comment

Nobody argues about what he said but rather the attempt to twist them into his referring specifically about the neo-Nazis rather than those who opposed to the Taliban/ISIS-style efforts to tear down or deface statues and monuments.
                              It helps to see his entire statement:

Trump: I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame on both sides. I have no doubt about it. You don't have doubt about it either. If you reported it accurately, you would say that the neo-Nazis started this thing. They showed up in Charlottesville. Excuse me. They didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group -- excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

You had people and i'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists. They should be condemned totally. You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. The press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group too.

Q: You were saying the press has treated white nationalists unfairly?

Trump: No, no. There were people in that rally. I looked the night before. If you look, there were people protesting very quietly the taking down taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I am sure there were some bad ones.

The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call them. You had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest. I don't know if you know, they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit.

So I only tell you this. There are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country.

You really have to twist and squint and tilt your head to construe any of that as Trump saying that the neo-Nazis were fine people.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Your problem, media tourist, is that you believe the moronic news coverage that is your only source of information on the subject. Not everyone there was a neo-Nazi. Not everyone there was involved in the violence. AGAIN... there were a few flagger groups that were just there to protest the removal of the statue. That's it. THEY were the "decent people" Trump referred to, and one is a longtime friend of my family. That you lump her and her group in with the neo-Nazis shows just how ignorant of a media tourist you are.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment