Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The simplest thing DNA can tell you is whether someone is male or female. Science. Ignore the science!!!
    It has nothing to do with science; gender is not a scientific term. It is not scientifically determined.
    America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

"Gender" has often been used as a synonym for sex. Same thing.
      No, it's not the same thing. Whether gender has been used as a synonym for sex is irrelevant; it is not now a synonym for sex.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      In Sociology, the "gender roles" were acknowledged to be less rigid.

Like so many things in the "soft sciences", these things are taken to nutter extremes like gender being totally disconnected from sex, which is determined by the "hard science" of biology.
      Yet again, gender has nothing to do with biology or science. Gender is neither a biological nor a scientific term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Septic View Post
        A person's gender is what they identify as, not what their biology says.
        A person's species is what they identify as, not what their biology says.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
          No, it's not the same thing.
          You obviously didn't read what I wrote.

Whether gender has been used as a synonym for sex is irrelevant; it is not now a synonym for sex.
          That's only because the loony left has grabbed onto the "soft sciences" and totally ignore the "hard sciences" in this regard.

Yet again, gender has nothing to do with biology or science. Gender is neither a biological nor a scientific term.
          You can stomp and snort and stand on your head and repeat this drivel all day long, but the fact is that biology is a hard science, complete with physical evidence, and sociology is as "fluid" as the "gender" they preach.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Nobody's using "a term that is fluid and the meaning of which can change depending on which way the wind blows it is effectively useless". Gender does not mean sex. A person's gender is what they identify as, not what their biology says.
            It used to be synonymous. But after failing to change the meaning of sex they instead focused on gender.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It used to be synonymous. But after failing to change the meaning of sex they instead focused on gender.
              Because sex can be determined and defined by the hard sciences, and gender can be made fluid with the squishy sciences.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because sex can be determined and defined by the hard sciences, and gender can be made fluid with the squishy sciences.
                  Going back to what I said a few days ago.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That reminds me of how I was taught that psychology, psychiatry, sociology, economics and political science weren't really science since you could get half a dozen eminent experts on any of those topics, ask them a question and you'd get six completely different answers.

I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

You obviously didn't read what I wrote.
                    That's neither obvious nor true.

That's only because the loony left has grabbed onto the "soft sciences" and totally ignore the "hard sciences" in this regard.
                    You seem to have a been in your bonnet about hard vs soft science. This has nothing to do with either.

You can stomp and snort and stand on your head and repeat this drivel all day long, but the fact is that biology is a hard science, complete with physical evidence, and sociology is as "fluid" as the "gender" they preach.
                    I'm neither stomping, snorting, standing on my head or repeating any drivel. Whether biology is a hard science completely irrelevant to the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I don't know that they tried to change the meaning of sex. In any case, yes, the meaning of 'gender' has changed. So what?

Comment

Yet again, it has nothing to do with science.

Comment

Yet again, it has nothing to do with science.
                          Well, yeah, it does, but since science proves you wrong, "pay no attention to the scientist behind the curtain".

Comment

Well, yeah, it does, but since science proves you wrong, "pay no attention to the scientist behind the curtain".
                            No, it doesn't. Science doesn't even speak to the issue.

Comment

No, it doesn't. Science doesn't even speak to the issue.
                              How is it possible for you to type with your eyes slammed shut? Biology most certainly DOES address the issue of sex. It's ignorant to declare otherwise.

And the SOFT sciences address the issue of gender fluidity.

Comment

How is it possible for you to type with your eyes slammed shut? Biology most certainly DOES address the issue of sex. It's ignorant to declare otherwise.

And the SOFT sciences address the issue of gender fluidity.
                                And gender rests completely on the existence of the 2 biological sexes. "man" presupposes a male archetype and "woman" presupposes a female archetype.
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment