Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Transgender sprinters finish 1st, 2nd at Connecticut girls indoor track championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post

That is just silly. It is clear - a biological man can not become a woman, and no one is rationally compelled to accept such claims.
    See above and it is not clear at all. Thus science and the medical community are deep in study.

You have not given a reason for your statement but since the jury is out in the scientific and medical fields, does it stem from a religious prejudice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Try reading the whole thread if you want to know what I believe, but here it is in simple terms: Men can not be women and should not be allowed to compete against women.

You're the one arguing that men can be women, but they should not be allowed to compete against women. This is a contradictory position, a "dilemma", as you put it, but you have so far not even come close to resolving it.
      Yeah, I know I just wanted you to reiterate your prejudice.

See above my response..

Actually I don't know if a trans woman should compete in all sports against other women. Didn't say they couldn't - simply I see the issue from both sides.

It's not actually contradictory, it is a question:+}

Comment

• Originally posted by thormas View Post

See above and it is not clear at all. Thus science and the medical community are deep in study.

You have not given a reason for your statement but since the jury is out in the scientific and medical fields, does it stem from a religious prejudice?
        So a biological male can bear children like a woman now? Do tell!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So a biological male can bear children like a woman now? Do tell!
          You're simply spouting nonsense now since no one has mentioned that and it doesn't impact the basic subject.

Anything to push your agenda though.

Comment

You're simply spouting nonsense now since no one has mentioned that and it doesn't impact the basic subject.

Anything to push your agenda though.
            I'm asking a question, you suggested that biological differences are not clear - so again, can biological male can bear children like a woman? It that clear or not?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I'm asking a question, you suggested that biological differences are not clear - so again, can biological male can bear children like a woman? It that clear or not?
              I don't believe I made that statement, I only pointed out the reality of transexuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                If you say so. Since I nowhere said anythign that remotely implies or suggests such nonsense, I've no idea why your'e telling me.
                My apologies. I misread your post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't believe I made that statement, I only pointed out the reality of transexuals.
                  Whether or not, you made that statement isn't really relevant. By definition a female is the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, so seer is raising a valid point.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I said it was clear - a biological man can not become a woman, you then objected: See above and it is not clear at all. Thus science and the medical community are deep in study.

What is not clear?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      My apologies. I misread your post
                      No worries, always easy to do that.
                      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

A legitimate question is whether or not old Joe is even aware of what he signed. He might have thought it was a birthday card for a grandniece or grandnephew

Called it

Comment

Whether or not, you made that statement isn't really relevant. By definition a female is the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, so seer is raising a valid point.
                          If that's all you think makes one a woman, I pity the women in your life.

By your absurd and limited definition, a woman who is born unable to have children or women (and also men), heroes who have lost that ability in combat or in an accident, or because of cancer or other diseases are not women (or conversely men not men). My god, how stunned is your's and seer's view of humanity.

And I assume you have no idea how many kids have been adopted, saved, by men and women, hetero, homo, trans who have simply loved and given them life. It is not the production of eggs that makes the human or makes the women.

And where is your so-called god in this understanding? Where is the God who is Love? Do you think the real God would fault a trans or gay person who brings life, light and love to a child?

Comment

I said it was clear - a biological man can not become a woman, you then objected: See above and it is not clear at all. Thus science and the medical community are deep in study.

What is not clear?
                            Of course your narrow definition is inadequate.

It does seem clear that a trans is a woman (or man conversely) and the medical community is deep in study. Both can be true at the same time.

Comment

If that's all you think makes one a woman, I pity the women in your life.
                              It is what defines a female, hence the question that you are still avoiding is a valid one.

Comment

It is what defines a female, hence the question that you are still avoiding is a valid one.
                                I actually responded to your limited view of womanhood- no avoidance. But man I now feel doubly sorry for the women in your life.........

Comment