Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller Report Next Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barr's summary quotes Mueller's own words with regards to collusion:

"[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities ... the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference."

On the matter of obstruction, Barr, Rosenstein, and other top DOJ officials simply affirmed Mueller's conclusion that there wasn't sufficient evidence to indict:

"After reviewing the Special Counsel's final report on these issues; consulting with Department officials, including the Office of Legal Counsel; and applying the principles of federal prosecution that guide our charging decisions, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and I have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense. Our determination was made without regard to, and is not based on, the constitutional considerations that surround the indictment and criminal prosecution of a sitting president."

Now tell me, if Barr's summary misrepresented Mueller's conclusions, do you really think he (Mueller) would be keeping his mouth? At the very least, I expect that he or other members of his team would have leaked portions of the report that contradict Barr.

Face it, kiddo, but not only has the fat lady sung, but the theater is closed. It's time to lay those dreams of impeachment to rest.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I have to note that Judge My Cousin Vinny Napolitano has opined that Barr's terminology that conspiracy could not be "established" suggests that the full report probably does contain some evidence of conspiracy, but not enough to indict. So he expects the loons in the House to try to make hay of that.

I have not seen other legal scholars make so much -- anything, really -- of that word "establish."
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Barr's summary quotes Mueller's own words with regards to collusion:

"[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities ... the evidence does not establish that the President was involved in an underlying crime related to Russian election interference."

On the matter of obstruction, Barr, Rosenstein, and other top DOJ officials simply affirmed Mueller's conclusion that there wasn't sufficient evidence to indict:
        Trump was not exonerated of collusion in the Mueller Report and the public is entitled to have the opportunity to see why. A four-page outline from a Trump lackey, culled from 300+ pages of evidence collected by Mueller over two years is insufficient. The full report required to be tabled by Barr.
        Last edited by Tassman; 03-29-2019, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
          Trump was not exonerated of collusion in the Mueller Report...
          Over in the Jussie Smollet thread, you're lecturing about "innocent until proven guilty", yet here you are treating Trump as if he's guilty despite Mueller declining to press charges because of a lack of evidence. Exoneration is only for those who have been formally accused. Those who are never accused don't need exoneration because they are presumed innocent.

Here is Mueller in his in words as quoted in the summary:

Comment

Over in the Jussie Smollet thread, you're lecturing about "innocent until proven guilty", yet here you are treating Trump as if he's guilty despite Mueller declining to press charges because of a lack of evidence. Exoneration is only for those who have been formally accused. Those who are never accused don't need exoneration because they are presumed innocent.

yup. It is amazing how so many people scream for impartiality when they don't want a particular someone to be guilty - and yet scream for cans of petrol, firebrands, and lumps of wood when they do want a particular someone to be guilty.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              Trump was not exonerated of collusion in the Mueller Report and the public is entitled to have the opportunity to see why. A four-page outline from a Trump lackey, culled from 300+ pages of evidence collected by Mueller over two years is insufficient. The full report required to be tabled by Barr.
              The Russians got to Mueller, I know it.
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Rong!!!

Mueller is a German Name, which makes him a Nazi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Maybe he pulled a Comey and laid out an open-and-shut case before declaring that no reasonable prosecutor would take it to court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Rong!!!

Mueller is a German Name, which makes him a Nazi!
                    Which explains why he cleared Trump! Those dagnabbed Nazis stick together.

Anyone else notice just how quick the MSM was to drop the story about Trump being cleared of collusion[1], especially considering the amount of time they spent (mis)informing everyone that he colluded with the Russians?

1. With the exception of the die-hards who still insist he is guilty

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yet the has not established that Trump is exonerated and the public is entitled to have the opportunity to see why.

Comment

You sound like Jolly Jerry Nad-less and the rest of the libiots. "We demand that the ENTIRE report, AND all eleventy-million pages of bird-cage liner on which it was based, be released IMMEDIATELY, regardless of contravening statutes, regulations, established DOJ policies, national security interests, or established Constitutional principles of separation of powers! POTUS and the AG are not above the law! We clearly believe WE are, but they are not!"
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                          Yet the has not established that Trump is exonerated and the public is entitled to have the opportunity to see why.
                          What, seriously? So now it's guilty until proven innocent?

And you nutjobs wonder why you're not taken seriously.

Comment

• They hired Mueller to do the investigation for them. Now that it didn't turn out like they want, they want to do the investigation themselves.

Comment

With the notable exception of the most rabid hate-filled anti-Trump leftists, "the public" is moving on from this, recognizing it as the deception it was.

MSNBC Keeps Mueller Story Alive, But the Public Is Done

Hate on, Tass, it's what you do.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                They hired Mueller to do the investigation for them. Now that it didn't turn out like they want, they want to do the investigation themselves.
                                Same with the FBI and Kavanaugh -- if they didn't find reason to lock Kavanaugh up, it is obviously that they bungled the investigation.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment