Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jussie Smollett: MAGA Attack...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Smollett is now officially considered a suspect in a criminal investigation

Source: Jussie Smollett now considered suspect in his report of hate-crime attack, Chicago police say

Police said Smollett is suspected of filing a false police report, which is a felonySource

© Copyright Original Source

Perhaps if this stuff were prosecuted vigorously, we'd see less of it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

CHICAGO --
      Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi confirmed Wednesday afternoon that Jussie Smollett is officially a suspect in a criminal investigation for filing a false police report, a Class 4 felony.

Guglielmi said CPD detectives are currently presenting evidence before a Cook County grand jury.

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smoll...e-say/5147410/
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What a difference a few days makes. Just this past weekend Facebook and Instagram were censoring articles questioning whether Smollett faked the whole thing and banning those who posted them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As my high school history teacher (retired Marine major) used to say, "You're in deep kimchi."
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            What a difference a few days makes. Just this past weekend Facebook and Instagram were censoring articles questioning whether Smollett faked the whole thing and banning those who posted them.
            CHICAGO --
            "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with one count of felony disorderly conduct for filing a false police report, the Cook County State's Attorney's Office said Wednesday evening.

Smollett is due in court in Chicago at 1:30 p.m. Thursday. Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said CPD detectives will make contact with Smollett's legal team to "negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest."

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smoll...e-say/5147410/
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Security camera footage of the MAGA Bros. buying black ski masks and red ball caps.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CharlieDe...35299829145600

Comment

And now the Cook County state's attorney recuses herself? For what reason?

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-smollett-case

Comment

I wonder what the evidence against him is that the police have that led to this. Presumably the two people he allegedly hired have said he hired them, but I'd have to expect it'd be more than that because otherwise they could just be making that up to get themselves out of trouble.

Comment

For one thing, Smollett had to know he wasn't being attacked by two white Trump supporters since he knew his supposed attackers. He also didn't sustain injuries consistent with his accusations. Witnesses also placed the three of them at the scene prior to the attack. Finally, what would motivate Smollett's friends to attack him in this fashion? It doesn't make sense.

I'm sure there are other clues.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      For one thing, Smollett had to know he wasn't being attacked by two white Trump supporters since he knew his supposed attackers. He also didn't sustain injuries consistent with his accusations. Witnesses also placed the three of them at the scene prior to the attack. Finally, what would motivate Smollett's friends to attack him in this fashion? It doesn't make sense.

I'm sure there are other clues.
                      There could also be evidence of the alleged payments he made to them and TMZ has reported that a phone turned over by one of the brothers features a call between him and Smollett prior to the "attack."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Cook County State's Attorney Office has released an explanation saying that

The previous Cook County State's Attorney, Anita Alvarez, seemed to imply that Foxx doesn't want to be involved for political reasons (maybe Foxx has aspirations and doesn't want people upset at her for prosecuting Smollett ) on her Facebook page:

Maybe I should have just recused myself from the difficult cases that came across my desk when I was State's Attorney. I was under the impression that when the voters elected me and I took my oath of office it meant I had to do my job.
                        Last edited by rogue06; 02-21-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

That's one of those explanations that doesn't seem to explain anything.

Comment

That's one of those explanations that doesn't seem to explain anything.
                            From the facebook quote, it sounds like the decision to recuse was more imposed than decided.

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Could be anything. She could know him personally for instance and doesn't want it to look like bias either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                I wonder what the evidence against him is that the police have that led to this. Presumably the two people he allegedly hired have said he hired them, but I'd have to expect it'd be more than that because otherwise they could just be making that up to get themselves out of trouble.
                                The two guys were extras/small bit actors on the Empire TV show. They gave police their phone records and texts showing the contact between them and Smollett. I believe they also provided evidence that Smollett paid them $3500.

Comment