Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Caves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Have you looked into actually immigrating to Australia? They have age limits. (You may be exempt, however, because of your education/work skills)

You know, some countries are pretty durn selective about who they let in!
    I have several business contacts in Australia and that door is definitely open. I'd rather stay here - but I guess we'll see. Frankly, I think Trump winning another term is a serious long-shot. But long-shots have come in before, so

And who wouldn't want little ole me?
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

This is what I was saying earlier -- I think her hate for Trump is so intense that she's allowing him to write her script. She has allowed Trump to make her paint herself into that corner.
      I don't know what her motivation is. Hatred of Trump is a possibility. Responding to her own "base" is anther. Desire to hold the Dems together is another. Concern that we have an executive who doesn't understand "co-equal branches" is her stated reason for many of her actions. Until I have cause to think otherwise, I tend to take people at their word.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        I have several business contacts in Australia and that door is definitely open. I'd rather stay here - but I guess we'll see. Frankly, I think Trump winning another term is a serious long-shot. But long-shots have come in before, so

And who wouldn't want little ole me?
        I just think there's a bit of irony that you would want to leave a country currently battling over "open borders", and move to one that is rather selective about who gets in.

• Skilled Occupation visas - Australian working visas are most commonly granted to highly skilled workers. Candidates are assessed against a points-based system, with points allocated for certain standards of education. These visas are often sponsored by individual States, which recruit workers according to specific needs. Visas may also be granted to applicants sponsored by an Australian business. The most popular form of sponsored working visa was the 457 visa set in place in 1996 which has now been abolished by the Turnbull government.
        • Student visas - The Australian Government actively encourages foreign students to study in Australia. There are a number of categories of student visa, most of which require a confirmed offer from an educational institution.
        • Family visas - Visas are often granted on the basis of family ties in Australia. There are a number of different types of Australian family visas, including Contributory Parent visas and Spouse visas.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know what her motivation is. Hatred of Trump is a possibility. Responding to her own "base" is anther. Desire to hold the Dems together is another. Concern that we have an executive who doesn't understand "co-equal branches" is her stated reason for many of her actions. Until I have cause to think otherwise, I tend to take people at their word.
          That you would opt to take ANY politician - particularly an entrenched partisan one - "at their word" seems to be either incredibly naive (which you're not) or incredibly convenient. I would encourage you to rethink that policy.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I just think there's a bit of irony that you would want to leave a country currently battling over "open borders", and move to one that is rather selective about who gets in.

• Skilled Occupation visas - Australian working visas are most commonly granted to highly skilled workers. Candidates are assessed against a points-based system, with points allocated for certain standards of education. These visas are often sponsored by individual States, which recruit workers according to specific needs. Visas may also be granted to applicants sponsored by an Australian business. The most popular form of sponsored working visa was the 457 visa set in place in 1996 which has now been abolished by the Turnbull government.
            • Student visas - The Australian Government actively encourages foreign students to study in Australia. There are a number of categories of student visa, most of which require a confirmed offer from an educational institution.
            • Family visas - Visas are often granted on the basis of family ties in Australia. There are a number of different types of Australian family visas, including Contributory Parent visas and Spouse visas.

I am not an advocate of "open borders." In a different world, perhaps I would be. But as long as there are terrorists and drug cartels, borders need to be secured. I have never said otherwise.

And my reason for leaving would have nothing to do with "borders."

Comment

That you would opt to take ANY politician - particularly an entrenched partisan one - "at their word" seems to be either incredibly naive (which you're not) or incredibly convenient. I would encourage you to rethink that policy.
              No thanks. I take everyone at their word until I have cause not to. When I have cause not to - then my opinion changes.

Comment

I just have one question about this thread: Where are the Trump Caves, and when can I go spelunking in them?
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I just have one question about this thread: Where are the Trump Caves, and when can I go spelunking in them?
                  I am desperately trying to delete that mental image....

Comment

I am desperately trying to delete that mental image....
                    I'm envisioning a renaming of the Carlsbad Caverns, or some such. I dunno what you're thinking.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I'm envisioning a renaming of the Carlsbad Caverns, or some such. I dunno what you're thinking.
                      It was bad.... very very bad...

It was throw-up-in-my-mouth-a-lot bad....

Comment

I've thought the same thing -- I've been to Trump Tower in Chicago, I know he has Golf Courses, but I didn't know anything at all about his caves.

Comment

I've thought the same thing -- I've been to Trump Tower in Chicago, I know he has Golf Courses, but I didn't know anything at all about his caves.
                          His caves didn't create the reaction... it was Zym spelunking in them....

I am laughing so hard right now that I am tearing up...

Comment

His caves didn't create the reaction... it was Zym spelunking in them....
                            Yeah, I ignored that.

Comment

Yeah, I ignored that.
                              You have a healthier mind than me!

Comment

You have a healthier mind than me!
                                Yes. Yes, I do.

Comment