Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Question of Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You finally got something right!

But this is not the situation on an officially organized Church School outing.
    It's a FIELD TRIP, for cryin' out loud - have you never been on a FIELD TRIP?

As a consequence of their behaviour, the students brought irrational threats upon themselves and established Covington Catholic School, in the minds of many, as a controversial bastion of Trumpism.
    Only because there are CRAZIES like YOU who come unglued when somebody wears the "wrong kind of hat".

So, you're one of those morons who would say "well, she was dressed very provocatively, so she DESERVED to be raped?"

Fortunately, there is no prognostication necessary - pretty much every post you write shows what a screwed-up individual you are.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      So it's ok to blame the victim, then. That will hold true for every wrong done to anyone, then. Including sexual asssult victims, then.

Got it.
      Ya have to think the boy doesn't really believe most of the tripe he posts, but he's just doing it to be a
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Ya have to think the boy doesn't really believe most of the tripe he posts, but he's just doing it to be a
        Sadly, I think he does believe the tripe he posts. It's the reprobate mind that God has turned those over to in Romans 1.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Sadly, I think he does believe the tripe he posts. It's the reprobate mind that God has turned those over to in Romans 1.
          I think there's some of that, too, but I think a lot of it is that he's just another anti-Christian bigot who is here to spew forth ignorance and hate. (Which kinda sounds like the reprobate mind.... )

But, hey, he gets amen'd by the likes of the incredibly intelligent JimL, Shuny, Star.......

Comment

• Originally posted by CP
            But, hey, he gets amen'd by the likes of the incredibly intelligent JimL, Shuny, Star.......
            Well, then. That explains a lot.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Having finally convinced you how wrong you were in the way the First Amendment works in our country, are you now ready to give up on your idiotic claim that the Church School is risking losing their tax exempt status?

And BONUS points if you can ever bring yourself to admit, "well, yeah, I was wrong...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Tassman's debate strategy: Troll. Rinse. Repeat.
                He also does exactly what he shouldn't; blame the rape victim for wearing a miniskirt.
                Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-26-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for agreeing with us that the students have rights as individuals.

But this is not the situation on an officially organized Church School outing.
                  Weak argument unless you can prove that the students are leaders in the school and have the ability to speak authoritatively for the school. Since they don't their political speech only applies to themselves as individuals not the views of the school. Tass I'm sad that you seem to have trouble distinguishing Individuals from institutions.

As a consequence of their behaviour, the students brought irrational threats upon themselves and established Covington Catholic School, in the minds of many, as a controversial bastion of Trumpism.
                  Now we get to the your real agenda, victim shaming. Because the victim in this case is some one you don't agree with. In doing so you are supporting the vile acts perpetrated on a bunch of high school kids by a group of Adults.

The Black Hebrew Israelites where so angered by the MAGA hats that the hats caused them to rain down vile hate speech on the kids. Surely this was only a small bit of punishment that the MAGA hat wearing students deserve.

Then the Hats reached out and angered a Native American activist, Nathan Phillips, into challenging one of the students by chanting and banging a drum in the students face, and heaven forbid the student did a vile thing he did nothing but stand his ground (My god how offensive we should jail that student immediately). Not satisfied with the results of the chanting and drumming Mr. Phillips group put out a video of the student opposing him. Then the MAGA Hats make Mr. Phillips blame the students and spread lies in the press and defame the school and students, causing death threats against the Students and School.

Well, I guess wearing MAGA hats is the greatest crime to humanity that there is. The Black Hebrew Israelites and Native American activists are clearly the victims here!!

Tass, I am glad I don't live in your fantasy world where Adults are not responsible for their actions because items of clothing can force them into vile acts of bullying. Come back to the real world where adults are held responsible for their own actions.

Tass, the real desirable out come from the school's prospective would be for self righteous prognosticators like your self condemn the real abusers and not victimize the victims.

It also reflects interestingly on the state of your own mental hygiene.
                  Tass, I was hoping that you smarter then result to insults to make your point, guess I was wrong. The MAGA hat made you do it right.
                  Last edited by The Pendragon; 02-26-2019, 11:54 AM.
                  "Any sufficiently advanced technology, is indistinguishable from Magic!"
                  -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• If you had stopped here it would have deserved an amen from me for finally getting it right for once. You negated it as soon as you said But
                    But
                    and left yourself open for further humiliation.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-26-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Cow Poke,
                      You really shouldn't wear your MAGA hat when you reply to Tass, you know it triggers snowflakes like him.
                      -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

• Originally posted by The Pendragon View Post
                        Cow Poke,
                        You really shouldn't wear your MAGA hat when you reply to Tass, you know it triggers snowflakes like him.
                        Actually, I don't have one, but I should GET one! I do, however, have my lifetime NRA hat!!!

Comment

• Cow Poke,
                          -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment

Cow Poke,
                            Actually, I don't have one, but I should GET one! I do, however, have my lifetime NRA hat!!!

Comment

Cow Poke...
                              Sometimes, when a post seems to "hang", just hit F5, and that usually makes it go. Otherwise, you end up double-posting, and I'm such a nut I will double-respond.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Oh heaven forbid, a satanic NRA hat. you are evil.
                                -- Arthur C. Clark

Comment