Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So what is this toxic masculinity thing anyhow?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And the men are less capable of saving "the next generation" than the women? Why give priority to the women in this case?
    No - but they are less capable of producing the next generation.

2 men and 6 women can reproduce a lot more effectively than 6 men and 2 women. Extrapolate...
    Last edited by Roy; 02-06-2019, 03:34 AM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Reminds me of this I saw today...

I know, I know. Treating all people with courtesy and respect is chock-a-block full of hidden dangers.

Comment

Ah, EXCELLENT point, Tassy - and the women have to train extra hard because, particularly in fighting fires, there are lots of heavy things to carry, including ladders and Scotpacks, and breaching equipment, and even fallen comrades... and feats of physical stamina that MOST women are not physically equipped to deal with like MOST men are.
        And yet they do
        And we all know that " young children and babies fare better with their mothers", so some of those moms are gonna have to stay home with those young children and babies.
        But, when it comes to a crisis situation, we expect the men to step it up a notch because they gotta look after "the next generation".
        We expect everybody
        I have a whole new ... um... almost degree of respect for you, Tassy... for helping us flesh this thing out!
        This has been FUN!!!!
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Especially the men, since they're the ones we're going to expect to save "the next generation" in a crisis!
        Not "especially men" at all. ALL human beings. The days of women as fragile creatures liable to an attack of the vapors at the 'drop of a hat' have long gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
          No - but they are less capable of producing the next generation.

2 men and 6 women can reproduce a lot more effectively than 6 men and 2 women. Extrapolate...
          Thank you, Roy, for this totally useless and unrelated post.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            I know, I know. Treating all people with courtesy and respect is chock-a-block full of hidden dangers.
            Well, you're making that error where it's an "either / or". We can treat all people with courtesy and respect, and still be sure to look out for "the next generation". It doesn't mean we treat other men badly.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              We expect everybody
              Especially the men, in time of crisis, which is why you justified "women and children first" in a crisis situation like a passenger liner sinking. Don't back down now, Tassy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimbulb View Post

I see the strawman fallacy is alive and well...
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                  So how about we train our young boys and our young girls to show mutual respect and courtesy to all...even exiting from elevators.
                  And what's wrong with teaching young men traditional displays of respect towards women, such as opening a door for them, or letting them exit an elevator first?
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post

Obviously, the phrases don't correlate nearly as well as you seem to think.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      And what's wrong with teaching young men traditional displays of respect towards women, such as opening a door for them, or letting them exit an elevator first?
                      Sadly, it appears that Tassman has revealed his hidden disdain for women.

Comment

Sadly, it appears that Tassman has revealed his hidden disdain for women.
                        I know. Is that the best a man can get?
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          I know. Is that the best a man can get?
                          But I think he's switching sides, because he has clearly confirmed that "we can agree that young children and babies fare better with their mothers". This is YUGE!!!!

Comment

Thank you, Roy, for this totally useless and unrelated post.
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Especially the men, in time of crisis, which is why you justified "women and children first" in a crisis situation like a passenger liner sinking. Don't back down now, Tassy!
                            In time of crisis we take care of those in greatest need at the time. In the Titanic situation this means women and children first.

PS: I hope your wife is recovering well from her knee-cap operation. They can be painful, I believe.
                            Last edited by Tassman; 02-06-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              So what's wrong with training young boys and young girls to show mutual respect and courtesy to all? You need to ask yourself why such "traditional displays of respect towards women" arose in the first place.

Comment

• Being decent to women is just training for when it's actually necessary to rescue the "next generation". No harm in being nice to women, Tass. Don't know why you are so anti-woman!

In time of crisis we take care of those in greatest need at the time. In the Titanic situation this means women and children first.
                                You bet! And men treating women and children with a little more priority than other men is just icing on the cake. Getting prepared for that big crisis!

PS: I hope your wife is recovering well from her knee-cap operation. They can be painful, I believe.
                                She's doing great - surgery went well, recovery is proceeding nicely, she comes home from the hospital tomorrow.

Comment