Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

General Mattis resigns as secretary of defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    I am amazed too but then again there has been so many occasions in which they did not hear the alarm so you start to wonder if it is possible to wake them up at all. The body slam statements, family separations, a huge number of lies... But we continue to hear that it is all good. No worries.
    It's called a cult. They follow the leader without question regardless of where the leader is taking them. Current day republicans, many of them, remind me of those poor buggers belonging to the "heavens gate" cult who all committed suicide believing, as they were told, that aliens would come and save their souls. Trump recognised this in them from the get go, and publicly announced it as well. "I could shoot someone in broad daylight in the middle of 5th ave and my supporters would leave me."
    Last edited by JimL; 12-22-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      It's called a cult. They follow the leader without question regardless of where the leader is taking them. Current day republicans, many of them, remind me of those poor buggers belonging to the "heavens gate" cult who all committed suicide believing, as they were told, that aliens would come and save their souls. Trump recognised this in them from the get go, and publicly announced it as well. "I could shoot someone in broad daylight in the middle of 5th ave and my supporters would leave me."
      And NONE of my supporters would leave me ...
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Source: CHECKMATE � Saudi Crown Prince MbS Sends Replacement Troops To Defend Kurds in Syria�

Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and the DC Decepticons are concerned about the Kurdish groups in Syria as President Trump withdraws U.S. forces. The concern stems from a possibility of Turkey taking hostile action toward our Kurdish allies. However, a new report from the region highlights Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman is sending his forces to replace the U.S. troops.
        https://theconservativetreehouse.com...urds-in-syria/

© Copyright Original Source

It would seem our duly elected President isn't so bad at this foreign policy stuff after all...
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          And NONE of my supporters would leave me ...
          Right, that's what I meant to say. Thanks.

Comment

Right, that's what I meant to say. Thanks.
            I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Jim.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
              And he left a public letter of protest on the way out the door. I am amazed that so many of you can dismiss that as 'ho hum normal'.
              Please don't continue making the mistake of equating our dismissal of extreme reactions to events with alleged dismissal of the events themselves. You're ...not in good company.

Merry Christmas, Jim.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Please don't continue making the mistake of equating our dismissal of extreme reactions to events with alleged dismissal of the events themselves. You're ...not in good company.

Merry Christmas, Jim.
                Yet another attempt to justify the dismissals. What ox pointed out was that Rogue skipped some rather important details. There is nothing extreme about that or the fact that we dislike family separations, the body slammer praise, lack of proper reaction to the murder of a journalist and so on... Bad company....

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Yet another attempt to justify the dismissals.
                  Nope.
                  There is nothing extreme about that or the fact that we dislike family separations, the body slammer praise, lack of proper reaction to the murder of a journalist and so on...
                  I don't like those, either. My reference to "extreme" had nothing whatsoever to with "the fact that [you] dislike family separations, the body slammer praise, lack of proper reaction to the murder of a journalist and so on..."
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I hope you have a Merry Christmas, Jim.
                    Same to ya, Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]33979[/ATTACH]
                      Remember when Obama Fired General Mattis Without Even a Phone Call?
                      "I am told that General Mattis was travelling and in a meeting when an aide passed him a note telling him that the Pentagon had announced his replacement as head of Central Command. It was news to him -- he hadn't received a phone call or a heads-up from anyone at the Pentagon or the White House,"

Remember the firestorm from the Democrats over the firing of this General they have suddenly come to love and respect?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Remember when Obama Fired General Mattis Without Even a Phone Call?
                        "I am told that General Mattis was travelling and in a meeting when an aide passed him a note telling him that the Pentagon had announced his replacement as head of Central Command. It was news to him -- he hadn't received a phone call or a heads-up from anyone at the Pentagon or the White House,"

Remember the firestorm from the Democrats over the firing of this General they have suddenly come to love and respect?
                        It isn't only democrats that are concerned about the firing/resignation of Mattis, there are plenty of republican legislators speaking out as well. The difference is that to many, Gen. Mattis was looked upon as a stablizing force within an otherwise unstable administration. Ask Lindsey Graham et al why they are upset about Matti's departure. Now we have McGurk resigning as well.
                        Last edited by JimL; 12-23-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Merry Christmas, Jim.
                          Merry christmas to you as well

Iim
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

When Obama withdrew the troops from Iraq he erred, not realizing the potential of Isis which was then a relatively small force. Once realizing the error he sent the troops back in. Trump is doing just the opposite, he's not learning from past mistakes, he's repeating them. Although, I don't believe it's a mistake on Trumps part, he's intentionally abandoning our allies at the behest of his fellow despots Putin and Erdogan.
                            apparently the only thing needed to turn you liberals conservative is to use reverse psychology. Fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              apparently the only thing needed to turn you liberals conservative is to use reverse psychology. Fascinating.
                              Only in your imagination have I turned conservative, Sparko.

Comment

Only in your imagination have I turned conservative, Sparko.
                                You are defending keeping troops in Syria and Afghanistan and General Mattis just because Trump wants to pull them out and replaced the General.

Comment