Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump and Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You stated your opinion. I didn't say anything worth responding to.
    Yeah - I figured. You have a tendency to dodge things that create problems for your positions. They suddenly become "uninteresting" or "don't want to waste the time. I understand... it's an effective tactic to avoid actually having to look at your positions...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Perhaps I did. But I'll leave it as is just because the mistake amuses me.
      It's one of those that notably changes the meaning in a significant way.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
        Yeah - I figured. You have a tendency to dodge things that create problems for your positions. They suddenly become "uninteresting" or "don't want to waste the time. I understand... it's an effective tactic to avoid actually having to look at your positions...
        I'm sure it makes you feel better to believe that.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg

...the only difference is that you dodge everything that doesn't agree with your position, and you do it more verbosely and creatively.

Not going to bother providing examples, because 1) they're legion and 2) you'll just ...dodge them, as usual.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Noted - and a decent possibility.

So now we need to wait to see what the investigations actually uncover. I'd be curious to see the communications that accompanied the exchange. I'm sure they would answer the question.

ETA: I'm curious to know - do you also acknowledge that the following is also a possible scenario:

"Look, here's the polling data that shows how the electorate is leaning. Can you find a way to get it to those who can use it to guide their misinformation campaigns?"
            Yes, it's possible.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Yes, it's possible.
              Fair enough. Now we wait and see.
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Like you did with my last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Like you did with my last post.
                  Which post is that?

Comment

Which post is that?
                    http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post604367

Comment

• Umm...I don't see that I made any response to that post whatsoever - and for a good reason: I didn't see it.

So how exactly is that a claim that I was "uninterested" or "didn't want to spend the time?"

You seem to be doing what CP just did - ascribing motivations to me that have nothing to do with my actual motivations.

Comment

I'm sure it makes you feel better to believe that.
                        Actually - it makes feel feel neither "better" or "worse." It's merely an observation of a pattern in your posts. You're the only one that knows your actual motivation.

Comment

You seem to be doing what CP just did - ascribing motivations to me that have nothing to do with my actual motivations.
                          Walks like it, quacks like it...
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Walks like it, quacks like it...
                            Unless, of course, you are misinterpreting what is being said. This isn't physical motion - it's conversation. It's language. Language can be (and often is) easily misunderstood. And motivations can be easily ascribed that are not real.

But I am doing it again...so I will leave you to your observations. There's not much I can do to alter them.

Comment

Unless, of course, you are misinterpreting what is being said.
                              When the speaker's intent is interpreted by more than one person in a particular way, it's a good idea for the speaker to look at how he's communicating.

This isn't physical motion - it's conversation.
                              And the duck is an ANALOGY.

It's language. Language can be (and often is) easily misunderstood. And motivations can be easily ascribed that are not real.
                              Absolutely.

But I am doing it again...
                              Yes, you seem to have a real thing for pretending not to care about how you are intentions are perceived, then spend an inordinate amount of time complaining.

so I will leave you to your observations.
                              No, actually, you won't. You have demonstrated that repeatedly.

There's not much I can do to alter them.
                              But you'll keep trying, or at least complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                When the speaker's intent is interpreted by more than one person in a particular way, it's a good idea for the speaker to look at how he's communicating.
                                Reminds me of a quote from Sun Tzu's "Art of War":

If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, then the general is to blame. But, if orders are clear and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment