Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Scam Exposed: Donations To Clinton Foundation Plummeted After Clinton Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I believe the more relevant question would be, "Is anybody less shocked than I am?"
    But Rogue doesn't have a video clip for that!

(Would anybody be less shocked than I would be if he actually came up with one?)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      People's motives for donating to the Foundations of ANY potential political power may well be suspect. Nevertheless the Clinton Foundation rates highly as an honest, well-run charity. Overall Score & Rating 92.40, Financial 91.86, Accountability & Transparency 93.00. This rating was published 08/01/2018 using data provided by the charity on a consolidated pro forma 990 which was verified against 990s received from the IRS.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...ry&orgid=16680https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-investigation
      Just more whataboutism, Tassy.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Still obsessed with Clinton and Her Charitable Foundation, even though no illegality has ever been found, but you couldn't care less about crooked Trump, and the Trump Foundation, which was proven to be nothing but a slush fund for Trumps personal use. A true Trump supporter if I ever saw one! Amazing how willfully blind you Trumpsters can be. So embarrassing!
        Whataboutism?

My, my. After giving us so much guff about whataboutism in several threads, why is whataboutism the first thing you and the other liberals try to use to excuse Hillary?

Even if Trump is a crook, does that excuse Hillary?

Comment

I hope the Democrats have learned their lesson, but I fear they'll continue to astound me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            "Being sued" is a goofy way to prove guilt, and demonstrates you don't have a working knowledge of how the legal system actually works.
            We have what are called opinions, CP, and based on the investigation the evidence is clear that Trump used the Foundation funds for his own personal use. He paid off legal debts after both his Mara-Lago resort and his Trump National golf club was sued. He bought a painting of himself, he paid off a political bribe to Fla. atty gen Pam Bondi, and he used it for political activity during his campaign. We know that Trump, like anyone else has to be proven guilty, but unlike Trump supporters like yourself, we can see that the evidence of his guilt is overwhelming. Not the case with the Clinton Foundation accusations, where no such evidence was uncovered, and yet, oh ye who has knowledge of how the legal system works, have no problem calling Clinton guilty. Hypocritical much!

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              We have what are called opinions...
              And you know what they say about opinions...
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                I hope the Democrats have learned their lesson, but I fear they'll continue to astound me.
                What do you mean, we liberals learned long ago about the hypocrisy and the stupidity coming from the right. When are you going to wake up?

Comment

We have what are called opinions, CP,
                  And you never miss an opportunity to post a wrong one.

and based on the investigation the evidence is clear that Trump used the Foundation funds for his own personal use.
                  Then THAT should be the argument, not whether or not somebody has been sued. That's just nutty. How bout sharing this little wisdom with Tassy, eh?

He paid off legal debts after both his Mara-Lago resort and his Trump National golf club was sued. He bought a painting of himself, he paid off a political bribe to Fla. atty gen Pam Bondi, and he used it for political activity during his campaign. We know that Trump, like anyone else has to be proven guilty, but unlike Trump supporters like yourself, we can see that the evidence of his guilt is overwhelming.
                  Well, aside from your juvenile asinine need to call somebody a Trump supporter who is not, it's still a fact that "being sued" is a really idiotic metric to assess guilt.

Not the case with the Clinton Foundation accusations, where no such evidence was uncovered, [B]and yet, oh ye who has knowledge of how the legal system works,
                  Yes, actually, I'm pretty good on how the legal system works, and I'll be happy to give you and Tassy some pointers.

have no problem calling Clinton guilty.
                  Can you please produce the quote where I have pronounced Clinton guilty?

Hypocritical much!
                  Yes, yes you do, pretty much non-stop, and I wish you'd quit.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What do you mean, we liberals learned long ago about the hypocrisy and the stupidity coming from the right. When are you going to wake up?
                    See, Leon, this is exactly the kind of crap you and I were just talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      I believe the more relevant question would be, "Is anybody less shocked than I am?"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

See, Leon, this is exactly the kind of crap you and I were just talking about.
                        I know, bully's hate it when their victims punch back, right CP. Look in the mirror once in a while and see the log in your own eye.

Comment

I know, bully's...
                          Bully with an apostrophe s would be a possessive, Jimmy - the plural would be bullies. Now, what was that you were saying bout who's smart?

Comment

"Being sued" is a goofy way to prove guilt, and demonstrates you don't have a working knowledge of how the legal system actually works.
                            Proof of guilt or otherwise is not the point. The point is that there is sufficient evidence of the Trump family allegedly violating state charity laws via the Trump Foundation to warrant a legal case. OTOH all we have re the Clinton Foundation are conspiracy theories and accusations, as eagerly espoused by the likes of you.

Comment

Bully with an apostrophe s would be a possessive, Jimmy - the plural would be bullies. Now, what was that you were saying bout who's smart?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                Doesn't seem to matter which party it is, you can always find a politician that will just make you face palm.

Comment