Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Khashoggi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Yeah, i was short on time and fighting with the phone interface.
    You know, if you'd apologized and just said this in response the first time, we would have understood and let it drop.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

...if you must know I'm in the process of moving multi state a loved one with Alzheimers...
      for you Jim - that's quite a challenge.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, i was short on time and fighting with the phone interface. Get over it. Since you wont take that at face value, if you must know I'm in the process of moving multi state a loved one with Alzheimers. Or is that not a good enough excuse for you?

Jim

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Now maybe you'll understand why I don't always go out of my way to cite my sources. For one thing you could check my claim for yourself if you actually cared. For another, you just hand wave them away anyway.
          Showing you where the source you cite says the exact opposite is not handwaving it away JimL, sorry if that causes you embarrassment but your inablity to do your own homework is not our fault. If you can't be bothered to read the source yourself and only take the title and/or first paragraph don't be surprised if someone who will take the time to read shows you where you went wrong. You really need to stop taking lessons from Starlight and take them from Sparko who did read the whole source he found. Not citing the source tells us you don't know anything and we can ignore what you say.

If you want to stop embarrassing yourself then read the article yourself with a critical mindset and make sure it says what you think it says not giving a cite means all you have is an assertion you made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I'll spoon feed you when I feel like it, in the meantime, if you really care, which I know you don't, you know how to check the validity of my claim.
            No JimL if you really care and think what you assert is true you will show your sources. No sources we do not have to believe you at all. why should we since you don't care enough to show your evidence. so is it because you don't care? Or is it embarrassment because you don't read your sources and when we do check out the validity of said source find it says the exact opposite? in either case it is not our fault that you have continually showed yourself to be an idiot.

If you are embarrassed when we find out your sources say the exact opposite; not citing them doesn't help it only shows us that you are nothing but an NPC letting your leftist handler program sets of talking points for you to use. i

Comment

Yeah, i was short on time and fighting with the phone interface. Get over it. Since you wont take that at face value, if you must know I'm in the process of moving multi state a loved one with Alzheimers. Or is that not a good enough excuse for you?

Jim
              It explains a few things to me hope all goes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                for you Jim - that's quite a challenge.
                Thanks cp*. Thursday especially please.

Jim

* and all of you that offered your prayers. A real blessing. Feel free to remind me you did that if i get snarky over something we are discussing in the future.
                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 11-27-2018, 08:26 PM.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Now you are trying to guilt trip me for just asking for a source? What the heck has gotten into you Jim? Didn't you used to insist on Jorge, et al, give sources for their claims?

Heck if you didn't jump in and try to save JimL's butt for me asking HIM for a source we woudln't be having this conversation. JimL is the one who routinely doesn't supply sources, ON PURPOSE. That is what I was originally commenting on.
                  Not guilt tripping you sparko. Just telling you why i got frustrated and skipped trying to grab the link and put it in the post.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                    No JimL if you really care and think what you assert is true you will show your sources. No sources we do not have to believe you at all. why should we since you don't care enough to show your evidence. so is it because you don't care? Or is it embarrassment because you don't read your sources and when we do check out the validity of said source find it says the exact opposite? in either case it is not our fault that you have continually showed yourself to be an idiot.

If you are embarrassed when we find out your sources say the exact opposite; not citing them doesn't help it only shows us that you are nothing but an NPC letting your leftist handler program sets of talking points for you to use. i
                    The only thing I'm feeling embarrassed for RTT, is you. Try contributing to the actual discussion once in a while.

Comment

Not guilt tripping you sparko. Just telling you why i got frustrated and skipped trying to grab the link and put it in the post.

Jim
                      Jim while I do understand your frustration and pray things go well with your family, you did try to guilt trip me.

As shown by your "Or is that not a good enough excuse for you?"

But I will chalk that up to frustration also.

Be well.

Comment

• Khashoggi is person of the year in Time magazine, or rather the "person" of the year is a group of reporters, led by murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Well deserved and it sends an important message:

The old-school despot embraced censorship. The modern despot, finding that more difficult, foments mistrust of credible fact, thrives on the confusion loosed by social media and fashions the illusion of legitimacy from supplicants. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/11/p...ggi/index.html
                        And you wonder who it is that they do not mention... Perhaps a someone who has had some diffuculties adressing what need to be adressed with regard to exactly Khashoggi?

I like CNN's comment on it:

By not only spurning Trump for "Person of the Year" this year, but giving it to persecuted journalists the world over, Time is sending a very clear message: We stand on the side of truth and those who would defend it.

Trump's record on truth is very clear: he's not a huge fan. According to The Washington Post's Fact Checker, Trump said more than 5,000 false or misleading things during his first 601 days in office -- a pace of more than eight a day, every day. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/11/p...ggi/index.html
                        While some people pay with their lives to tell the truth it appears others continue to live their lives based on lies. I know where to pick my heroes.
                        Last edited by Charles; 12-11-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Khashoggi is person of the year in Time magazine, or rather the "person" of the year is a group of reporters, led by murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Well deserved and it sends an important message:

And you wonder who it is that they do not mention... Perhaps a someone who has had some diffuculties adressing what need to be adressed with regard to exactly Khashoggi?

While some people pay with their lives to tell the truth it appears others continue to live their lives based on lies. I know where to pick my heroes.
                          It is interesting to see the lunkheads here rattle on about the fake MSM and yet you never here a peep out of them concerning the fake news coming out of Trumps mouth whenever he opens it. They don't really have a problem with fake news per se, obviously, they just have a problem with news they don't want to hear. Apparently they don't really have a problem with the despots of the world either, and their murdering and imprisoning of journalists. I think in truth they're not really democracy lovers to be perfectly honest. They'd be happier in Russia I think, which probably explains their worship of Trump.
                          Last edited by JimL; 12-11-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Khashoggi is person of the year in Time magazine, or rather the "person" of the year is a group of reporters, led by murdered journalist Jamal Khashoggi. Well deserved and it sends an important message:

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You're aware that "person of the year" is meant to be done on an evaluation of someone's influence, right? It's not a statement that someone is good. Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Nikita Khrushchev were all person of the year... in fact, Joseph Stalin got it twice.

It's just plain goofy to try to read some kind of "message" into Trump not getting it this year.
                              Last edited by Terraceth; 12-11-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                                You're aware that "person of the year" is meant to be done on an evaluation of someone's influence, right? It's not a statement that someone is good. Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Nikita Khrushchev were all person of the year... in fact, Joseph Stalin got it twice.
                                It's just plain goofy to try to read some kind of "message" into Trump not getting it this year.
                                http://time.com/person-of-the-year-2018-the-guardians/

Comment