Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Time To Smear Kavanaugh's Good Name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What Democrats hoped to prove:

"Kavanaugh is a sexual predator!"

What they really proved:

"Kavanaugh drinks beer!"
    And farts.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      ... I can understand MM, because he is one of those I see as chronically posting in this "angry" tenor and I identified him specifically....
      Carpe, we have a guy in our church who reminds me a lot of MM, or the other way around. He's an old guy (10 years older than me) who tends to be opinionated and "direct". It would be very easy to assume he's "angry", but a lot of his comments are, in fact, dry humor. There are times when I cringe when he weighs in on something, because he can be quite blunt. (His email address even includes the word "grumpy")

When we had the incident a couple years ago when a complete stranger needed a liver transplant (I had been made aware of this need, checked out the story, and decided our Church needed to help in some way) I made it known on a Sunday Morning that this family needed $9,800 just to get him in the hospital for a liver transplant.

It was this "angry man" who came to me after the Service and said, "tell that lady to get her husband in the hospital, I'll stop by the Church in the morning with a check". That Monday afternoon, I had the privilege of sitting down with the wife of the critically ill man and hand her a check for $10,000.

I would FAR RATHER interact with somebody who was direct, and you knew where he stood, than somebody who never seemed to be able to answer your questions, and leaves you guessing.

Just saying.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I remember when I was teaching Junior High, and a student complained that I called him a wuese (sp?). I had NEVER heard that term before, and don't ever use it. Fortunately, the JH Principal knew me better than that, but he still "had to have the conversation".
        I believe it is "wuss." Speaking of "principal," I believe that term -- "wuss" -- turned up in a couple of scenes in that old Jim Belushi flick, but I couldn't find them.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• For all of you defending Ford, suppose it was your butt on the line, and the only thing against you is a single inconsistent and uncorroborated accusation that is flatly denied by witnesses named by the accuser. Would you still intist that the accuser has a right to be believed while your name and family are maliciously drug through the mud?

Suppose it was your father, or brother, or son?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
            How does flying several times a year make you a psychological expert on people with a fear of flying? Most people I know fly several times a year... that's not exactly an unusual thing.
            Likely because I have to coach young airmen, on their first mission flight, that might be a little fearful about the safety and reliability of the aircraft they are about to fly on over the next 12 hours? I work in aviation, I deal with fearful flyers often.

Wat?
            Seriously? So in your mind, a fear of flying, for all people, consistently manifests as the choice not to book flights of a particular length and over a particular ground substance? I'm suddenly reminded of why I usually don't reply to your posts. I have a fear of flying and I've taken many flights of the type you describe. I intend to fly across ocean next month to Australia, and while I'm looking forward to the destination I'm not looking forward to the flight. Your bizarre claims are just silly.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              I believe it is "wuss." Speaking of "principal," I believe that term -- "wuss" -- turned up in a couple of scenes in that old Jim Belushi flick, but I couldn't find them.
              I think you're correct on the spelling. I had no idea what that was, never had heard that expression prior to being accused of using it.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think you're correct on the spelling. I had no idea what that was, never had heard that expression prior to being accused of using it.
                Imagine if you'd said this.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• So, summing up, the SCOTUS confirmation process has devolved to beer, yearbooks, and farting.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Carpe, we have a guy in our church who reminds me a lot of MM, or the other way around. He's an old guy (10 years older than me) who tends to be opinionated and "direct". It would be very easy to assume he's "angry", but a lot of his comments are, in fact, dry humor. There are times when I cringe when he weighs in on something, because he can be quite blunt. (His email address even includes the word "grumpy").
                    My sense of humor is not just dry, it's parched. I've mentioned it before, but even my wife of 25-years can't always tell when I'm joking.

As for blunt, my best friend once describe my style of discourse as "You only say what people need to hear."

So, yes, guilty as charged.

But I've never been called "grumpy". Cynical, yes, but not grumpy. Most people who know me in person tend to think I'm a pretty nice and laid back guy, almost TOO laid back, to hear some people tell it, because I don't get worked up about stuff, and it is sometimes misinterpreted as a lack of concern.

There you have it, which is probably more than many of you really wanted to know about me.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      This only shows how little you know MM and simply read and see what you want and seek confirmation from those in your circle.
                      I don't claim to know MM at all. I'm sure I am as prone to confirmation bias as the next person, but the confirmations were not just from those in my circle. I travel a LOT.
                      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

My sense of humor is not just dry, it's parched. I've mentioned it before, but even my wife of 25-years can't always tell when I'm joking.

As for blunt, my best friend once describe my style of discourse as "You only say what people need to hear."

So, yes, guilty as charged.

But I've never been called "grumpy". Cynical, yes, but not grumpy. Most people who know me in person tend to think I'm a pretty nice and laid back guy, almost TOO laid back, to hear some people tell it, because I don't get worked up about stuff, and it is sometimes misinterpreted as a lack of concern.

There you have it, which is probably more than many of you really wanted to know about me.
                        Doesn't surprise me even a little.

Comment

• I watched the whole thing yesterday, here is the bottom line. Dr Ford did not want to be publicly outed (the Dems did that). They had her letter in July and at that point they could have had called for a FBI investigation, that would have been quiet and protected Dr Ford's anonymity. But that is not what they wanted, they wanted to keep it as a trump card in case it looked like Kavanaugh would be confirmed. That is what they did, with the hope that others would come out of the woodwork with accusations. They could not stop the confirmation so they sought to destroy the man and his family. These leftists are sick.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Someone on Capitol Hill just doxxed Republican Sens. Mike Lee, Orrin Hatch, and Lindsey Graham

Somebody working from a House of Representatives office is editing the Wikipedia pages of Republican senators to post what looks like their home addresses.

woah
                            They have the IP address. Pretty easy for the tech guy for the HOR to look up which computer it came from, and probably check some security cameras to see who used the computer. If they want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              I watched the whole thing yesterday, here is the bottom line. Dr Ford did not want to be publicly outed (the Dems did that). They had her letter in July and at that point they could have had called for a FBI investigation, that would have been quiet and protected Dr Ford's anonymity. But that is not what they wanted, they wanted to keep it as a trump card in case it looked like Kavanaugh would be confirmed. That is what they did, with the hope that others would come out of the woodwork with accusations. They could not stop the confirmation so they sought to destroy the man and his family. These leftists are sick.
                              So, they can win by playing by the rules, they'll go for impeachment.

Comment

For all of you defending Ford, suppose it was your butt on the line, and the only thing against you is a single inconsistent and uncorroborated accusation that is flatly denied by witnesses named by the accuser. Would you still intist that the accuser has a right to be believed while your name and family are maliciously drug through the mud?

Suppose it was your father, or brother, or son?
                                This hearing was set up to be a he said, she said, argument by the republicans. They know very well, just as does Kavanaugh himself, that an FBI investigation would have cleared the whole thing up, but unfortunately for the majority, and for Kavanaugh, they also knew that the investigation would have put an end to their bid to confirm Kavanaugh. Anyone who actually watched the hearing yesterday and still believes that Dr Ford made the whole story up, or was mistaken in her account, either know that they are lying to themselves, or they are just brain dead automatons.
                                Kavanaugh is scared to death of an FBI investigation, and so is the republican majority who is protecting Kavanaugh from one. Thats's why he kept defering to them, whatever they want to do he kept saying. And btw, the American Bar association just called for a delay until an FBI investigation is done. Good luck with that happening with this unethical bunch in charge of Congress!

Comment